cherrybomb

Concerts You're Going To

I keep missing out on awesome shows in my area due to lack of funds. :( I was planning on seeing Of Monsters and Men in the winter but couldn't go... Airborne Toxic Event (one of my favorites) is playing a small show with our local orchestra and I can't go... I can't get Warped tickets and this lineup is sick... I'm having lack-of-concert depression.

@Insanity I actually didn't get their early enough to get barricade if the people around me hadn't been nice enough to share some space. My friends got there around 2pm or 3pm and were about 30-50 people back in line. The people who got barricade outright got there early in the morning rmy style. They had tents in the whole nine yards, so I would recommend going quite early if you want barricade.

Would 7:30-ish in the mornin' be acceptable? We got there around at the same time same venue for Rise Against last year and got barricade so I'm hoping it's the same scenario (although, I doubt it.)

Would 7:30-ish in the mornin' be acceptable? We got there around at the same time same venue for Rise Against last year and got barricade so I'm hoping it's the same scenario (although, I doubt it.)

If you can do it time wise, why not? Trust me on this one ;) You're not always going to have the kind of flexibility in your life that you can camp out during a week day. I used to be able to go very early to shows, but now I can only do that for special shows or weekend shows. Let me know how it goes!

If you can do it time wise, why not? Trust me on this one ;) You're not always going to have the kind of flexibility in your life that you can camp out during a week day. I used to be able to go very early to shows, but now I can only do that for special shows or weekend shows. Let me know how it goes!

Friend is getting the day off of work that day and I'm probably ditching school, since no one really does anything academic-wise the week before prom. I'm so ecstatic about this particular show, I haven't felt like this since the MyChem/Blink show.

I'm heading off to the Green Day show in 17 hours! I went on my first road trip last week to see them play in Rochester, so if that doesn't show you how much I love this band, nothing will. (:

• Upvote 2

Friend is getting the day off of work that day and I'm probably ditching school, since no one really does anything academic-wise the week before prom. I'm so ecstatic about this particular show, I haven't felt like this since the MyChem/Blink show.

Good for you!! They are incredible live, so be prepared to be amazed! Is this your first time seeing The Killers?

The first time I saw them was 2009 on the tour for Day and Age and I did not see them again until last winter. I did have the good fortune of seeing a show on Brandon's solo tour in 2010 and met him for the first time that night. The Killers mean a great deal to me and were one of my first loves even prior to MCR. I hope you enjoy the show and cannot wait to hear all about it!!

• Upvote 1

Anyone going to see Death Spell + MSI? Care to review? I am going to see them on the 17th (next wednesday) and a bit curious / a bit anxious :D as to what to expect... Took the day off as it's general admission, but just learned that my daughter has the afternoon off from school that day, so I'd feel like a jerk to leave her early with a sitter just to go and wait (just can't do it!...), so it looks like I'll be joining the line late anyway...

The Bad Religion show was soo good! ^_^

Tomorrow is the Neon Trees show with Rachel.

Aaaand on July 17th I AM SEEING TEGAN AND SARA AND GOT VIP TIX FOR THE MEET AND GREET :D :D :D *happy dance*

• Upvote 3

They announced some headlining dates! http://www.teganandsara.com/summer-headline-shows/

I don't really care to see Fun so I didn't get the Michigan date tickets. I'm going to the Ontario show instead...yeahh I was waiting for the presale tickets to go on sale the day they did. By the time I got done getting them, they were sold out. They might still have some regular tickets though? I'm not sure when those went on sale...

• Upvote 1

Good for you!! They are incredible live, so be prepared to be amazed! Is this your first time seeing The Killers?

The first time I saw them was 2009 on the tour for Day and Age and I did not see them again until last winter. I did have the good fortune of seeing a show on Brandon's solo tour in 2010 and met him for the first time that night. The Killers mean a great deal to me and were one of my first loves even prior to MCR. I hope you enjoy the show and cannot wait to hear all about it!!

First time, ahhh! Unfortunately I only started to really get into them when Day & Age came out, but better late than never right? Since then, they've been one of my favorite bands and just.. holy lamb kabobs, I'm excited! I'll let you know all about it!

ahh the closest is in buffalo which is not that close... oh well.

ah boo :( well hopefully they will have more headlining dates after these and play closer (pun not intended :P) to where you are sometime soon.

Neon Trees were amazing! I had such an incredible show and cannot wait to see them again. I cannot believe I have already seen them 3 times and cannot wait for the next one!

tumblr_lmmao8lGqN1qd71a6o1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

Death Spells and MSI were amazing yesterday! Death Spells live were more melodic than what the excerpts let beleive, wich is not a bad thing, the projections were often in the same style that the Where are my f**king pills video, sometimes more abstract, not always in synch with the songs and there was no interection with the crowd between the songs... The came, they kicked ass, it was great, it was intense, and they were gone... MSI were also high on energy! Jimmy very playfull, it was fun, there was a lot of interaction, signing along it was good, really, really good! "Poutine will fix it!" ;-D

Both acts exceeded my expectations by far!!! So if you have the chance, I can only recommend...

Correction: gonna be the worst monday yet. Their show got cancelled like all the other european tour dates due to andy being ill. Really, really sad. Almost cried when I heard about it, tried my hardest not to because I was heading to work when I heard about it. Managed to keep it together the entire day...

Correction: gonna be the worst monday yet. Their show got cancelled like all the other european tour dates

I hope you have a good Monday tomorrow despite the unexpected news :wub:

The Killers just announced two tour dates within a reasonable driving distance from me (3-4 hours) and they are both during the work week... So unless I take vacation time which I really don't have, I won't be able to do it. This is so unfortunate and disappointing, because I was hoping I would be able to see them again this tour :(