cherrybomb

Concerts You're Going To

Yeah I know it's pretty awesome.. Will be my first soundwave too, missed out last year. The tickets go soo quickly!

Hoping to see the blackout, deaf Havana, the amity affliction, paramore, linkin park, Metallica, blink 182, stonesour, flogging Molly, maybe check out a few others like MSI and other bands I've heard of but don't know much about. Hanging out to get the timetables so I know what's going to be possible.. Pretty damn excited though

I was pretty little (I think I may have been 5'4 at the time. I'm done growing and 5'5 now) at the time that I caught what he threw and I survived. You just have to make sure not to stiffen up if you get tackled. Going limp will usually keep you safe from injury, based off of my experience.

I say if you REALLY want whatever is being thrown into the crowd and you're lucky enough to have it literally land right in your hands, hold onto whatever you catch for dear life. If you'd rather avoid the possibility of injury, I'd say dodge the item.

I'm five one, currently and forever (until I'm an old lady and shrink). Thanks for the advice!

List of recent and upcoming concerts!!!

I am very excited for Stephen Kellogg on Tuesday :D OH and The Killers AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :wub:

8.14.2012 Neon Trees + WALK THE MOON***

09.09.2012 ZZ Ward, Zach Heckendorf, Maria Rose and The Swiss Kicks**

10.27.2012 Joe Hertler and The Rainbow Seekers + Jack and The Bear**

11.06.2012 Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers

11.09.2012 Jack and The Bear

12.20.2012 The Killers

To everyone seeing the Killers, I'm sooooooooo jealous. I heard on the radio they're touring with Dead Sara next year but I don't think that's true. -_-

In other news, I guess I'm seeing Mayday Parade in two weeks. A friend of mine asked me to accompany her and agreed to pay for both of us. I said sure why not. I never really listened to them though. :P (I owe her because she went with me to see Foster the People, even though she thinks they're annoying.)

• Upvote 1

I am very jealous. I can never get tickets to any of their shows here, they sell out so fast. Have fun!

I know what you mean! Lia (from the boards) and I had her mom buy us tickets, because she was at her internship and I was at work that day. The service fees were excessive and we were able to cut those fees out and get floor tickets, which is going to be amazing. It worked out great this way and we were able to pay her back after she got them. We both know it was going to be really difficult to get the tickets we wanted if we didn't have someone else help get them considering the circumstance.

We were listening to Battle Born together on Friday night and it made me even more excited for the show. We're currently plotting to figure out how to best do this show and get barricade. I would loose my mind if we managed to get barricade because The Killers have meant a great deal to me for so long. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

I'm going to see The Killers next Wednesday. Only a week to go! Can't wait!

Will you let us know how it goes?

Will you let us know how it goes?

I certainly will! :) I'll try and take some pics that aren't rubbish. I had to get seated tickets as I can't get off work so won't get there until late. Being short I've learned over many years if I can't get there early enough to try and get near the front there's no point standing as all I'll see is the back of tall people. Our seats are really near the front though so hopefully we'll still have a great view.

I'm sure you'll come up with a plan to get near to the barrier when you go :) .

Oh man this month is the best! So glad I saw this thread

The 24th - The Faint (3rd time seeing them)

The 29th - Paul Banks (5th time? But only as Interpol not solo)

The 30th - Falling In Reverse (a lot) and I got a VIP pass with meet and greet before the show. So nervous!

All shows are at the house of blues in Vegas in the same week. Ha, I'll be there for an electronic dance band, Indie, then metal band. Awesome.

• Upvote 1

Noooooooo! The Killers had to cancel last night's gig in Manchester after 5 songs and have cancelled tonight's gig too that I had tickets for :( . Brandon's throat was so bad he couldn't carry on. I feel gutted for him and hope he's better soon. Not what you want to have to do when so many people have turned out to see you but if your throat's gone there's nothing you can do. Now I'm just waiting for the rescheduled dates to be announced.

I read their status update on Facebook about that.^ That's awful, poor Brandon must've felt terrible for such a huge let down.. but his health comes first before anything. While reading the comments I came across so many people bashing him for cancelling, which annoys me because I know from personal experience that when you're throat hurts it HURTS.

That's horrible that people gave The Killers a rough time for that. I'm seeing them later next month and hope Brandon is doing well by then :) I also got tickets to see Neon Trees mid December and am excited about that!!

AHHH. I just got tickets to see The Used on January 17th in Minneapolis! It's at First Avenue, which is a standing-room only venue that holds around 1,400 people. STOKED.

and plus I have Green Day tickets for their February 4th show in Omaha, but it's been postponed, and they still haven't announced new dates! :(

oh well. The Used will be my first concert EVER. Unless you count the numerous Christian and/or country concerts that I've been to with my family (which I don't... I hate country.) or that Jonas Brothers one I went to in the 8th grade. but we don't talk about that. I was young.

I read their status update on Facebook about that.^ That's awful, poor Brandon must've felt terrible for such a huge let down.. but his health comes first before anything. While reading the comments I came across so many people bashing him for cancelling, which annoys me because I know from personal experience that when you're throat hurts it HURTS.

That's horrible that people gave The Killers a rough time for that. I'm seeing them later next month and hope Brandon is doing well by then :) I also got tickets to see Neon Trees mid December and am excited about that!!

I know, I had to stop reading all the comments from people after they cancelled because I just wanted to have a go at people for being idiots. If their favourite football player had to go off half-way through due to injury and missed the next game would they complain they were a wuss and unprofessional? No! This was just the same thing, it's just that some people aren't intelligent enough to know that the vocal chords are muscles and susceptible to damage like any other. And if they do know that, then these 'fans' don't actually care at all for the wellbeing of the singer and band.

Sorry, rant over! Feel a bit better now. On a positive note, we did get the rescheduled dates through, roll on February 18th 2013!

I was given a few free tickets to see a friend's solo act perform tomorrow, so I'm going to see that. I'm going to catch a William Control/The Birthday Massacre show a couple hours after that.

Pretty sure this will be my first time going to two concerts in one day. I'm excited.

I know, I had to stop reading all the comments from people after they cancelled because I just wanted to have a go at people for being idiots. If their favourite football player had to go off half-way through due to injury and missed the next game would they complain they were a wuss and unprofessional? No! This was just the same thing, it's just that some people aren't intelligent enough to know that the vocal chords are muscles and susceptible to damage like any other. And if they do know that, then these 'fans' don't actually care at all for the wellbeing of the singer and band.

Sorry, rant over! Feel a bit better now. On a positive note, we did get the rescheduled dates through, roll on February 18th 2013!

I'm sorry to hear that's how the fans reacted.

I'm just glad that Brandon is feeling better. Are you getting excited for 2/18/2013?

Sounds awesome Insanity!! I'm starting to get excited for my Neon Trees show :D

AND by the time I get to Neon Trees, it will only be 4 days until The Killers!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH