The Rarest Songs You've Heard Live

LethalLipstick

Don't know if this topics ever been brought up, but I'd be interested to hear what songs totally blew you away when you started to hear the opening notes.

For me, my first MCR concert also happened to be the sold out show at Madison Square Garden. Which I think really worked out to my favor because they really pulled some great show shockers. The first song they played that caught me off guard was Headfirst. I mean part of me thought with it being a special night that they would pull it out being that it was one of the first important songs for the band. But, at the same time I couldn't be certain. Then, the very next song was the b-side My Way Home Is Through You! That was fucking cool. But, the biggest surprise came in the middle of the encore. The boys came out and did Desert Song. This would've been the last song I expected, but felt so happy to hear live. That was a real special night and I feel real lucky to have been there to hear these three songs live.

What about you guys?

When I saw them way back in April of 08 when they did their "small venue" tour I saw them their first night in Detroit. They played Headfirst For Halos, which is one of my favs from Bullets, The Desert Song, and Heaven Help Us. i do not remember what order they were in. I just remember them dancing and singing to those songs. And I flipped the hell out, Also, i was the only person within a ten foot radius of myself (excluding the stage, I was right in front of Ray, well like 2 people back) that was singing along to all of those songs. It was so magical!

I would die if I heard Kill All Your Friends. I freaking love that song!

Oh and they played Vampires, in Grand Rapids this April, but I think that's the Bullets song they were playing that tour. Still cool though.

They played Desolation Row when I saw them last December. I don't know how rare that is, but I was surprised.

Especially because people went around the line before the show, asking if we wanted them to play Desolation Row or Destroya. And they ended up playing both.

Also saw Party Poison on April 23.

I think I would cry if I saw them play Desert Song :')

I hadn't expected to hear anything from Bullets, so I got pretty excited when they played Vampires! The best thing was that when I nudged my friend happy and screamed "I love this song", she just looked confused at me. She hadn't heard anything from Bullets before :blink: I've changed that! xD

i saw them a couple of months ago and i was really surprised that they played Vampiers because they were mostly playing DD and a little bit of BP. but the song that struck me the hardest was SING because i liked it but it defo wasn't my favorite and i started tearing up when they played it live. there are personal reasons but i was really blown away by it.

You people are making me sooooo jealous. The most surprised I've been by their set was Famous Last Words at my HCT show, which surprised me, because I was hoping they would do that one on World Contamination, but didn't even think about it for HCT. I would LOVE to hear Save Yourself. OR DESERT SONG.

Like Desert Song came out of left field for me, because I didn't expect it but I'm pretty sure I cried my eyes out It was so prettttyyyyyyyyy. I didn't expect Kill All Your Friends cause it was my favourite of TBP Bsides, and I know I lost my shit during it cause I didn't record a video, which means I was busying rocking out. xD

And I wish they'd play Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back. That one has never been played live!!

Why don't they play that song? It makes me so sad, since it's one of my favorites off DD.

Have they seriously never played it live? :blink: that seems so odd to me, it's such a good song

Also, why don't they play Party Poison???? :(

Why don't they play that song? It makes me so sad, since it's one of my favorites off DD.

Have they seriously never played it live? :blink: that seems so odd to me, it's such a good song

Also, why don't they play Party Poison???? :(

I know for a fact they've played Party Poison in Japan and also night 2 of their New York shows for WCT (but not HCT). I also heard that they played Save Yourself in Japan but there are no videos of it online. (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

No clue why they don't play them though...they both seem pretty straight forward to play live, unlike SCARECROW.

In 1 concert I got all these songs:

Headfirst for Halos

My Way Home Is Through You

Kill All Your Friends

Heaven Help Us

Desolation Row

Desert Song

It was my first MCR concert and it was great to hear all of those! :') It was in April 2008.

To be a bit more specific, here was the setlist exactly from April 15, 2008. (I found someone's concert review of it online *tear*)

+| setlist |+

give'em hell, kid

this is how i disappear

dead!

hang'em high

my way home is through you

welcome to the black parade

i don't love you

the sharpest lives

headfirst for halos

heaven help us

cemetary drive

house of wolves

kill all your friends

i'm not okay

mama

you know what they do to guys like us in prison

teenagers

famous last words

james' solo/ november rain

cancer

::ENCORE::

desert song

desolation row

helena

I remember they dedicated Helena to Alicia's family who was at the show, since they're from Kansas City, which was neat :)

"Desolation Row" is the only one that I've heard that surprised me.

I would love to hear "Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back", "Desert Song", "Vampires Will Never Hurt You", "Demolition Lovers", "Early Sunsets Over Monroeville", "Skylines & Turnstiles", "Heaven Help Us", "Kill All your Friends", "Hang 'Em High", "Cemetry Drive" ...

Wow, that's a lot. =<

At the Denver show on 4/14/08, we got My Way Home Is Through You, Kill All Your Friends, Desert Song, Hang 'em High, Jetset Life, I Never Told You What I Do For A Living, and Headfirst for Halos. All of those were very unexpected.

Archived