Tour Blogger: Honda Civic Tour Boston

Tina

I can still remember the first time I ever heard My Chemical Romance play live. I wasn't at a concert and I wasn't watching them on a live TV show. I was only in the seventh grade. I barely knew anything about what concerts were or what the big deal about them was. It was a hot summer day, and I can remember sitting on my bike on the corner of my street, most likely drinking a blue slush puppy from the store down the street. An older friend of mine who had a collection of MCR t-shirts and merch had been anticipating their show for months and called my cell phone. I couldn't hear what he was talking about, all I could hear was the distorted sound of screaming and yelling and I wondered to myself what the point of listening to this was. But then through all the noise and commotion, I could hear the music. I did know a few My Chemical Romance songs, (“Cemetery Drive” was probably my favorite back then. I had a thing where I'd always listen to it whenever we drove by a cemetery.), but the names Gerard, Mikey, Ray, and Frank meant nothing significant to me in those days. I knew they were kind of dark and they weren't like any other bands I saw on FUSE. I didn't know they would one day consume my life.

Read the rest of the entry here

View the full article

Archived