jetblack

Official California 2019 Meetup

I'm thinking of blocking out a bit of 2019 for a Californian/west coast road trip. I know this meetup won't be what we originally planned, if anything happens at all, but Danger Days has been so important for me that I want to be in CA in 2019. And I will totally be up for hanging in Palmdale with anyone who's there. :)

Dang it. I was super pumped when I found out that there was a something almost like a con for killjoys. I started reading the pages to get as much info as possible, but when I reached pg 58, "I was like screw it, I'm going to the last page". I saw that it was only going to be a meetup, I was kinda bummed because when 2019 comes I will still be just a minor.

I completely understand why you guys did it, though^_^

Greetings darlings, we are at approximately a year and a half until the date!  I keep thinking of this thread often and have wanted to find out on how planning is going.  Even if we are not doing a formal convention, an informal California 2019 get together with MCRmy boards friends would be an exceptionally exciting event.  Even if we went informal, we could all stay at the same hotel and figure out plans for the group.

Hope you all are doing well <3

Sulfur

I was only thinking about this the other day, I couldn't believe how close it feels compared to when this thread was started.

Realistically I doubt I'd be able to afford a trip to Cali, although I would absolutely love to. I'm sure we could have some kind of online party for those that can't meet up.

It's funny, I got a message from MurderKilljoy (Mimma) at the weekend on the CA2019 Facebook asking about the meetup! https://www.facebook.com/CA2019/ (go say hi there haha)

I was going to post here this week about it. I'm provisionally planning to be in Cali in September 19, money permitting. I think if we're all there within a certain date, we could hang out for drinks and shit? If I go, I am hiring a car and going for a really loud drive around Palmdale, just saying. 

I like the idea of keeping things really informal - there aren't enough people around for a big meet up any more, and most of us active on the boards are in the UK. It would be cool to do something online to include everyone who can't make it, too.

My heart is still in this meetup, whatever form it takes. Even if it’s just hanging out at a hotel or campground and painting each other’s faces. 

I'm not going to be in Cali the original date:(- but I have an A'cappella tour going through Anaheim Apr. 4-6. So, I'm kind of disappointed, but I'm still happy I'm going to be in Cali for at least a little while this year.

Hi guys! I booked flights some time ago and I will be in LA 17th to 25th of September. Would be so lovely to meet all of you ❤️

9 hours ago, MurderKilljoy said:

Hi guys! I booked flights some time ago and I will be in LA 17th to 25th of September. Would be so lovely to meet all of you ❤️

Hi! Long time no see! Great to have you back here😃 I won’t be able to get to Cali this year😞 but I’ll be with you in the spirit, and I am truly jealous!

btw, if you do like amusement parks, go to universal studios. I love amusement parks, and that is the best one I’ve ever been to!❤️

On 3/12/2019 at 8:26 PM, MajorSunshine said:

Hi! Long time no see! Great to have you back here😃 I won’t be able to get to Cali this year😞 but I’ll be with you in the spirit, and I am truly jealous!

btw, if you do like amusement parks, go to universal studios. I love amusement parks, and that is the best one I’ve ever been to!❤️

You read my mind. I love Harry Potter, so it's absolutely necessary to go to wizarding world of harry potter there ❤️ I'm just wondering if I should get the one day or two day pass, because I want to visit other parts of the park too. Two day pass would become cheaper but I wanna visit as many places as I can in LA. :D Do you know is it possible to update it to the 2 day pass later if I first get one day pass?

10 hours ago, MurderKilljoy said:

You read my mind. I love Harry Potter, so it's absolutely necessary to go to wizarding world of harry potter there ❤️ I'm just wondering if I should get the one day or two day pass, because I want to visit other parts of the park too. Two day pass would become cheaper but I wanna visit as many places as I can in LA. :D Do you know is it possible to update it to the 2 day pass later if I first get one day pass?

I’m not sure how the rules are by now. I was there back in 2012, and then a season pass cost the same as a day pass, so off course we got a season pass :) this was before the Harry Potter part, so I’m dreaming of going back to visit one day. But I would consider 2 days there, it is truly amazing!