jetblack

Official California 2019 Meetup

This is definitely still happening! I have been thinking about this alot but hadn't been on the boards since Friday. I would love for us to develop a more concrete plan of how to attack this going forward. Honestly, what happened has made me even more determined to make sure the 2019 meetup happens. We don't have a ton coming up for a while and we needs this even if it is 6 years in the future

I'm even more excited for this now, since it will actually be an celebration of their last era, and a reunion for MCR fans from all over the world. This will be a chance for us to show the world that killjoys NEVER die, no matter what the world throws at us :)

• Upvote 3

I just saw a question on Yahoo! Answers asking if the 2019 meet up was still going ahead. Just thought you'd like to know that the idea is out there, and people do know about it!

I'm even more excited for this now, since it will actually be an celebration of their last era, and a reunion for MCR fans from all over the world. This will be a chance for us to show the world that killjoys NEVER die, no matter what the world throws at us :)

Glad to hear about that Kerry! I appreciate your enthusiasm as well Sonia.

Since I know we always talk alot about doing stuff but it doesn't always get done (don't worry I'm not being accusatory since I am totally included in this statement ^_^), where do we need to go from here? What are the most pressing things at this time? I think we set out goals of things to accomplish in the next six months it would give us some structure to move forward. Right now, it seems far away but it is definitely going to creep up on us.

In terms of our note to Warners, I think that is out due to recent happenings.... BUT I still think it would be beneficial to have a couple notes. First, I would like a note to distribute via tumblr, twitter, etc to mcrmy branches throughout the world. It is important to have a formal acknowledgment that this is still happening and to spread the word even wider. Second, we need a note to go to the boys. This one we may not send instantly, but I think we need to get started thinking about it.

What are the other most important things to accomplish in the next six months?

Election-type things, finishing The List https://docs.google....EqpGqhjypA/edit and allocating roles from said list.

I am not sure if that's what we really need to do right now. I'm not trying to undermine you in any way Francesca. The reason I worded my question the way I did is due to Kerry's post below. I really believe that we need to make a list of manageable short term objectives which need to happen in this calendar year. We will not need to be giving directions to California any time soon. While doing promo now is a good idea (since people were asking about us), I also think we need to make a list of other time sensitive goals and steps as well. What do you think about this? Who has the twitter account? Will they be able to post that the meetup is still on?

Edit: Whilst I think it's important to elect people to take charge of different things, I kind of feel like that's what is holding this project back. Maybe for the next few months we could just try making a list of jobs and everybody says what they'd be willing to do, and then dish out the leftover ones. That way, you're not directly responsible for a whole area (which let's face it some people may find daunting), but you're responsible for things you know you can do and have volunteered to.

I am not sure if that's what we really need to do right now. I'm not trying to undermine you in any way Francesca. The reason I worded my question the way I did is due to Kerry's post below. I really believe that we need to make a list of manageable short term objectives which need to happen in this calendar year. We will not need to be giving directions to California any time soon. While doing promo now is a good idea (since people were asking about us), I also think we need to make a list of other time sensitive goals and steps as well. What do you think about this? Who has the twitter account? Will they be able to post that the meetup is still on?

That's why I was thinking role-allocation, because I'm not sure who runs the social networking sites, and it seems like people aren't entierly sure what's going on.

Maybe just a show of hands of who's interested?!

Maybe we should organise a meeting. Is there a time in the next week when most people are available? I know time differences make it difficult, but if there are three or four people online at once, you can sit and chat for a set amount of time (say an hour meeting or something). It will be more productive than just dropping in now and again to see where we've got to (which I'm definitely guilty of doing). Somebody can take notes and publish them for those that aren't available to attend. Does anybody know of a website/forum we could use to do this, assuming we don't want to spam this forum with it?

Good idea Kerry! Monday 4/1 and Tuesday 4/2 look good for me. What time were we thinking of meeting? I don't get home from work until around 6pm Eastern Time. I don't know of a website we could use, but I will think about that one and get back to you

I'm free all day most Mondays and Fridays, or every evening from 6pm GMT onwards except Tuesday and Thursday.

Do we want to try for this Monday? What time is 6pm GMT?

you could try skype?

KatyChemical (MCRmy Boston) recently used bloochat - perhaps look into that?

Skype only works with a conversation between two people. If you try to skype with more than two people, it only gives you sound on a couple of the people in the conversation. I have tried it before and it did not work.

I would recommend bloochat. I participated in that chat with Katy and thought it worked very well. Thoughts?

Wow, didn't realize my typo haha

I've Skype with four in a chat haha and yes it worked for all of us.... I'd imagine it could work for us as well.

And that's phone Skype not video Skype.

Lia and I were chatting today and I had an idea!! Remember how we had tried to tweet the guys about the meetup? Since Gerard now has his p.o. box, we should send him invites to the meetup! I thought we could print up an invite with all the details of the meetup and send him a dozen plus from rmy members throughout the world. This could be a fun way to let him in on our little mission. We can modify the idea, but I still think we should send something to G about this directly. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do this?

Lia and I were chatting today and I had an idea!! Remember how we had tried to tweet the guys about the meetup? Since Gerard now has his p.o. box, we should send him invites to the meetup! I thought we could print up an invite with all the details of the meetup and send him a dozen plus from rmy members throughout the world. This could be a fun way to let him in on our little mission. We can modify the idea, but I still think we should send something to G about this directly. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do this?

Yes yes yes.

Something fancy/funny, like a wedding-esque invite with an enclosed leaflet with details. Maybe include a website or email address so he can get back to us?

Someone in the States might have to mail it to keep costs down, and there's printing to think about...

It'd be great though. :) Give us some motivation too maybe?!