Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MajorSunshine

Official Chemical Wxypublic Business

I love this! And to be honest, it was not my idea. It came through the "What countries actually should be named" thread. I alwxys have matching socks, but they're alwxys in colours with funny figures :D

*HUGTACKLES THE HELL OUT OF SONIA AND EVERYONE*

Hai. Hai. I came up with the names. *flourishy bow* Glad to see that someone's responding to my ideas :]

So, what we need. Rivers and lakes. Mountains. Peninsulas and maybe a few islands. All that sorta shiz. AND a giant epic freaking desert.

*ponders* We need to name the desert something along the lines of the Killjoy thing. And we need to represent Frank and Ray a ton because the Wxy brothers are in the country's NAME.

I call being... I haven't read Umbrella Academy but I would like to. I know... the White Violin? I don't know.

WHO DOESN'T?! I can already tell. This could SO be the new Cali 2019. I mean, we already hit 100 in there.

@Statique, you could be Vanya. (I just know her as Vanya. IDK why. :P )

True. But the book refers to her as White Violin most of the time.

idk, they called her vanya first.

Funny thing is that Vanya is Ivan's nickname in The Brothers Karamazov (if anyone has read that... >__>)

I think it's traditionally the variation for that name (the name Ivan... close friends&family call him Vanya. I'm not Russian so I don't exactly know how the nickname thing works.)

Funny thing is that Vanya is Ivan's nickname in The Brothers Karamazov (if anyone has read that... >__>)

I think it's traditionally the variation for that name (the name Ivan... close friends&family call him Vanya. I'm not Russian so I don't exactly know how the nickname thing works.)

I own that book but haven't gotten around to reading it. Only because I still haven't finished reading crime and punishment.

I looooove Crime and Punishment. So much.

We had the choice my senior year of reading Crime and Punishment, or The Brothers K over winter break. And only me and like four other kids read The Brothers K.

Of course I was super hardcore and read both :lol:

Yeah Dostoevsky is a little difficult, haha.

Mainly because Russian->English is a bit tricky, I guess.

And it's basically philosophy.

Oh, I was saying that since it's basically philosophy, I can understand why it's hard to focus...

but maybe it's just me that has a hard time focusing on philo xD *didn't read most of her philo books last year*

Ah, I see, haha.

I had to read it for AP Lit. We did a whole thing on existentialism, which I loved. We read The Stranger by Camus...

My philosophy classes last year were stuff like Plato, Cicero, and Augustine. And then Hobbes, Machiavelli, and such. Not the most interesting, to me at least...

Though I did like the Asian stuff, like Confucius and Zen Flesh, Zen Bones.

I haven't read the Umbrella Academy even though I own Dallas... I just haven't found the first one yet and it's just wrong to read Dallas first... XD Good thing my b-day is in a week :P