Movies You Are Looking Forward To

zombieserenade

What movies coming out in theaters are you excited about seeing?

Post videos or links to trailers or info if it's available, especially for lesser-known films.

-

(scifi move + Cillian Murphy, Amanda Seyfried, Matt Bomer, Olivia Wilde, Vincent Kartheiser)

-

- Sleeping Beauty

- Pixar's

- The Woman In Black (DanRad + a ghost story)

-

-

(mostly just for David Tennant)

- Retreat (mostly just because of Cillian Murphey)

- Livid (a French horror film)

- The Dark Knight Rises

- John DIes at the End (Bubba Ho-Tep/Phantasm director's adaptation of the book)

- World War Z (based on the Zombie book + Brad Pitt's starpower)

- Dark Shadows (Tim Burton adaptation of the vampire soap opera)

- The Great Gatsby (by Baz Luhrmann)

Can I look forward to seeing a movie that's already out?

I don't know when I'll see Captain America, but I'm looking forward to it.

Sherlock Holmes 2 seems entertaining enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNxhpNpnAkk

The English version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo looks good. Though I have yet to see the Swedish one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYyKUM1NQ8c

And I'm also looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises and The Great Gatsby.

I am looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises and Dark Shadows as well as...

The Amazing Spiderman - The new Spider-Man movie. Its a reboot rather than a sequel to Spiderman 3. Its being directed by Marc Webb who worked on some of MCRs videos and the villain is Lizard.

Trailer here:

Prometheus - New big budget sci-fi/horror movie being directed by Ridley Scott. Its apparently a prequel to the first Alien movie but at the same time it tells its own story rather than being about the Xenomorphs. However its pretty likely that the iconic monster will show up in the film in some capacity.

No trailer yet but some info here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

The Avengers - Directed by Joss Whedon this is the big movie that all the past marvel studios films have been building up to. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and The Hulk have to get together and form a team in order to stop an enemy that none of them can defeat on their own. Shield agents Black Widow, Hawkeye and Nick Fury are also helping out. There is a teaser trailer with footage from the film after the credits of Captain America but it isnt online yet (apart from bootleg versions).

So here is an older teaser with no footage -

And an awesome peice of concept art with all the heroes together here - http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/avengersassemblebig.jpg

(I would post it as an image but its HUGE so best if you just click the link lol)

Here is a smaller edited version that a fan made from the original banner

avengerswallpaper.jpg

The Amazing Spiderman - The new Spider-Man movie. Its a reboot rather than a sequel to Spiderman 3. Its being directed by Marc Webb who worked on some of MCRs videos and the villain is Lizard.

Trailer here:

The Avengers - Directed by Joss Whedon this is the big movie that all the past marvel studios films have been building up to. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and The Hulk have to get together and form a team in order to stop an enemy that none of them can defeat on their own. Shield agents Black Widow, Hawkeye and Nick Fury are also helping out. There is a teaser trailer with footage from the film after the credits of Captain America but it isnt online yet (apart from bootleg versions).

So here is an older teaser with no footage -

I'm not sure how I feel about that Spider-Man movie yet... I don't understand why they did a reboot so soon.

But it looks like he actually has web-shooters this time.

I'm also very excited for that Avengers movie!

I'm not sure how I feel about that Spider-Man movie yet... I don't understand why they did a reboot so soon.

But it looks like he actually has web-shooters this time.

I'm also very excited for that Avengers movie!

Yeah they should have made Spiderman 4 instead and there are several things I don't like about this new movie already. First of all I don't see why we have to see the origin and death of uncle ben again, it would have been better if they just skipped straight to him being spidereman. However the mechanical webshooters look awesome and I am atleast happy they are using Lizard rather than re-doing a villain we have already seen. Plus even if they use Green Goblin in a sequel we might get to see him kill Gwen Stacey like in the comics since she is the love interest of this franchise rather than MJ. At the end of the day Spiderman is and has always been my favourite hero (and this is coming from a major nerd who is a fan of both Marvel and DC.) Just knowing that I will get to see him in a new film is good enough for me.... As long as they don't screw it up ;)

Avengers is going to be amazing! Captain America isnt out till friday in the UK so I can't see it till then. I really can't wait though cause I am sure it will be awesome and the Avengers trailer after the credits should be incredible.

Not quite sure, but I will have Friday the 13th after I turn in Sam Bayer's make of "Nightmare on Elm Street" (which may I say is wonderful considering it's the only make I've seen) and my mom doesn't take forever to watch the Warehouse 13 DVD coming after Netflix gets "Nightmare on Elm Street" back.

I'd like to see how The Smurfs movie goes and maybe The Dark Knight Rises.

Captain America isnt out till friday in the UK so I can't see it till then. I really can't wait though cause I am sure it will be awesome and the Avengers trailer after the credits should be incredible.

I didn't grow up liking Captain America, so I declined the chance to see it when my friends' parents asked. Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Power Rangers and Captain Planet (I loved that show- that's how I learned how to conserve water and turn off lights when you won't be in the room for an extended amount of time) are guys I grew up knowing.

Yeah they should have made Spiderman 4 instead and there are several things I don't like about this new movie already. First of all I don't see why we have to see the origin and death of uncle ben again, it would have been better if they just skipped straight to him being spidereman. However the mechanical webshooters look awesome and I am atleast happy they are using Lizard rather than re-doing a villain we have already seen. Plus even if they use Green Goblin in a sequel we might get to see him kill Gwen Stacey like in the comics since she is the love interest of this franchise rather than MJ. At the end of the day Spiderman is and has always been my favourite hero (and this is coming from a major nerd who is a fan of both Marvel and DC.) Just knowing that I will get to see him in a new film is good enough for me.... As long as they don't screw it up ;)

Avengers is going to be amazing! Captain America isnt out till friday in the UK so I can't see it till then. I really can't wait though cause I am sure it will be awesome and the Avengers trailer after the credits should be incredible.

I'm not sure if a Spiderman 4 would have been good... I didn't like Spiderman 2, and Spiderman 3 was just alright. I just think they should have waited if they wanted to do a Spiderman reboot. Seems like they're just cashing in on all the superhero movies that are coming out... again.

And yeah, I agree about the origin thing, too. It's really not necessary. Still, I think people like seeing the origin story, so that's probably why it's in there... But at least we do get a different villain! :)

I heard Avengers is going to sort of be like the Ultimates comics by Mark Millar- is that right? Or is it going to be like anything?

I'm not sure if a Spiderman 4 would have been good... I didn't like Spiderman 2, and Spiderman 3 was just alright. I just think they should have waited if they wanted to do a Spiderman reboot. Seems like they're just cashing in on all the superhero movies that are coming out... again.

And yeah, I agree about the origin thing, too. It's really not necessary. Still, I think people like seeing the origin story, so that's probably why it's in there... But at least we do get a different villain! :)

I heard Avengers is going to sort of be like the Ultimates comics by Mark Millar- is that right? Or is it going to be like anything?

Well I really liked all the Spidey films but IMO the third was pretty weak. 4 Sounded like it was gonna be good from the info that we had but then it got cancelled so we will never know. I am not against a Spiderman reboot but I wish it was with Marvel Studios rather than with Sony so that Spiderman could actually be in the shared movie universe that Iron Man, Thor, Hulk ect are in. They deffo want to make money but that doesn't mean they want to make a bad movie.

Avengers looks like a mix of both the classic and ultimate versions of the characters. Its hard to judge what storyline they are doing at the moment because we don't know the main villain. We do know that Loki (the villain from Thor) is going to return in Avengers as one of their enemies but he isnt the big bad. Rumours say we will be getting either Skrulls or Thanos but nobody knows for sure. However we do know that the team don't get along right away and there are some 'in house fights' such as Thor vs Hulk. Its written and directed by Joss Whedon so he is pretty much in control of the story and he is a great writer (most of the time) who usually goes for something that people don't expect. He is also notorious for killing main characters off but I doubt Marvel would allow that with Avengers. Plus Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 are already in production for a 2013 release date :wacko:

I feel like I'm the only person who thought Spiderman 3 wasn't that bad xD

I didn't know it was with Sony... yeah, I wish it was with Marvel, too. That would have been way better. But hopefully the movie does turn out well.

Yeah, I figured Loki would be in it, judging from the clip at the end of Thor :) A mix between the classic characters and ultimates seems good... and I think Joss Whedon will do it well.

I didn't know they were doing a Thor 2. All these movies, jeez :lol:

I feel like I'm the only person who thought Spiderman 3 wasn't that bad xD

I didn't know it was with Sony... yeah, I wish it was with Marvel, too. That would have been way better. But hopefully the movie does turn out well.

Yeah, I figured Loki would be in it, judging from the clip at the end of Thor :) A mix between the classic characters and ultimates seems good... and I think Joss Whedon will do it well.

I didn't know they were doing a Thor 2. All these movies, jeez :lol:

I didnt dislike Spiderman 3 and it had some good moments but it could have been so much better. Lots of things in it where really poor decisions imo. Harry finally realises Peter is Spiderman in 2 and then about 10mins into 3 loses his memory. Sure he got it back but he just seems to jump from friendly to evil so you don't get to see them deal with it properly. They also made it turn out Sandman was uncle bens killer which really annoyed me and ofcourse the face that Venom only one brief fight at the end then died. I actually didnt mind 'emo peter' until he started dancing in the street and then it was a bit too far. I guess I am really picky with Spiderman cause I like the character so much but I was really looking forward to Spiderman 3 and it let me down.

Yeah Marvel are really pumping out movies but as a comic fan it works for me haha. I think they release sequels to characters they know are popular to make sure they have money before taking a risk and brining somebody new to the screen. For example they released Iron Man 2 before making Thor and Cap. Now that Thor has been a success he is gonna keep getting sequels to. If Captain America is as popular in the rest of the world as it has been in the US then he will probably get the same treatment.

Yeah Marvel are really pumping out movies but as a comic fan it works for me haha. I think they release sequels to characters they know are popular to make sure they have money before taking a risk and brining somebody new to the screen. For example they released Iron Man 2 before making Thor and Cap. Now that Thor has been a success he is gonna keep getting sequels to. If Captain America is as popular in the rest of the world as it has been in the US then he will probably get the same treatment.

Same here. And it actually gives me a reason to go to the movie theaters... since there aren't a lot of movies I went to see in theaters.

I'm seeing Captain America on Saturday with my dad, I think. Very excited now :)

I know this sounds really babyish,,, but I am looking forward to seeing Horrid Henry movie ( mainly because it has the amazing Noel Fielding in it ) and I'm also looking forward to The Great Gatsby :D

I brought my nieces to see Horrid Henry and if you're going to see it just because of Noel Fielding I wouldn't bother he's only on for a few minutes and has maybe 5 lines! I was really disappointed I wanted his 'band' to perform.

Archived