R.i.p Amy Winehouse

killerwerebunny

I can't say that I was a big fan of her music, though I loved her voice. But she obviously had a lot of problems... It's just sad that she couldn't work them out and had to go so young...

Hopefully she's in a better place :(

I'm totally in shock to be honest.

Really hits home how sudden life can be taken from you, and to enjoy it while you can.

She wasn't my favourite artist, but I can admit that she had talent.

Just a real shame that talent came with a lot of baggage, which obviously proved too much for her.

RIP Amy, your troubles are over now.

It's such a tragedy, she died so young! Rest in peace, Amy, we've lost a great voice and a huge talent today.

All the people saying 'She was a drug addict, it was her own choice to die' make me sick. Addiction is a disease, some of us know the way out isn't easy, it's a struggle.

RIP Amy. Hope you're in a better place now.

All the people saying 'She was a drug addict, it was her own choice to die' make me sick. Addiction is a disease, some of us know the way out isn't easy, it's a struggle.

I hate how many people that are acting like it's not a big deal because she was a "junkie" and it was all her choice. I bet they wouldn't think the same of the countless other musos that have died in similar circumstances (most of the 27 club died from something drug related).

RIP Amy at least you're finally at peace from your demons.

I heard about it from my friend and from my brother making fun of it on Facebook. I read a couple articles, and the NY Times noted "The Curse of 27". I just read a page from a magazine on the computer about Gerard being the icon of the 2000s and remembered all the shit he went through :mellow: . I thought, "If he hadn't had the determination to clean up, he might have ended up in "The 27 Club" with Morrison, Hendrix and Cobain." :unsure: It just made me think :huh: ...

I never particularly liked her style and her hairdos creeped me out :blink: , but Amy was a good person which bad things happened to. (Crap- that was a Harry Potter reference from Order of the Phoenix-not intentional, I assure you. :wacko: ) I think she could have tried a little harder to clean up, though. It's not a huge surprise to hear she died from addiction. :mellow:

I do know how her family feels and almost had an experience with death at 27. My aunt died from her addiction to alcohol when I was probably about 15 or 16 -_- . I didn't see her very much, but despite her problem, she was a very nice woman. That's why I said Amy was a good person but had problems that ended her life. My friend who died last year had been 28. If he had died four months earlier, he would have been 27...

I'm so upset that she couldn't do it, get clean and all that.

She tried, she went to rehab at least three times.

I guess life was just too hard...

I just hope it was accidental, I can't stand to see people take their lives purposely. It's such a waste.

She was so talented too. /:

I heard about it from my friend and from my brother making fun of it on Facebook. I read a couple articles, and the NY Times noted "The Curse of 27". I just read a page from a magazine on the computer about Gerard being the icon of the 2000s and remembered all the shit he went through :mellow: . I thought, "If he hadn't had the determination to clean up, he might have ended up in "The 27 Club" with Morrison, Hendrix and Cobain." :unsure: It just made me think :huh: ...

I saw someone on twitter say something similar- it was basically to the effect of "This could have been Gerard 7 years ago" (or something.) It kind of made me mad, because, like you said, Gerard cleaned up and turned his life around. I think that's the important thing to dwell on.

-

And I've also seen all those things like "Amy Winehouse's death isn't as important as the people in Norway" and stuff. That also makes me angry, because every death is tragic. Whether it's horrific and at the hands of a crazy extremist, after years of struggling with addiction, or on the street, unremembered and missed by nobody. It's still a death and deserves recognition and some amount of sadness. Someone's life has ended.

I guess a not-tragic death is when someone dies peacefully of old age, but that still leaves grieving family and friends. It's still death.

I don't know, I just wanted to say that.

And I've also seen all those things like "Amy Winehouse's death isn't as important as the people in Norway" and stuff. That also makes me angry, because every death is tragic. Whether it's horrific and at the hands of a crazy extremist, after years of struggling with addiction, or on the street, unremembered and missed by nobody. It's still a death and deserves recognition and some amount of sadness. Someone's life has ended.

I guess a not-tragic death is when someone dies peacefully of old age, but that still leaves grieving family and friends. It's still death.

^^This

It made me so angry when I heard some people were saying that all the persons from The 27 Club were legends and Amy wasn't. She had such talent and it's said that she had to die so young.

It doesn't matter who the person is, there are deffinetly people that are going to miss him. Nobody ever thinks about them. I can't imagine how her parents felt when they heard she died and they must feel even worse now when they here all this mean stuff people are talking about her. Even though she was a drug addict, she was important to a lot of people.

R.I.P Amy

Archived