Masscanvas Mcr Competition

ChemicalParanoia

So, I was informed by the MCR Facebook that there was a competition run by MCR on MASScanvas.

MASScanvas is a T-shirt production company that donates a portion of the sales money of particular T-shirts to good causes.

For the competition, all you have to do is follow this link and watch the brief video from Gerard and create your own design based on the theme of 'Good vs. Evil'.

The band will then announce 5 winners on 08/18/11. Each winner will receive $1,000 and have their design sold as a limited-edition T-shirt with proceeds benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I took a bit of thought, and decided that as I'm no good at art in the literal sense, I would create a simplistic design using text.

2db43d3.jpg

T'would be really cool if I could get feedback from you guys. :)

Anyone else participating?

It would be awesome to see what people come up with!

Good Luck to those who enter. ^_^

So, I was informed by the MCR Facebook that there was a competition run by MCR on MASScanvas.

MASScanvas is a T-shirt production company that donates a portion of the sales money of particular T-shirts to good causes.

For the competition, all you have to do is follow this link and watch the brief video from Gerard and create your own design based on the theme of 'Good vs. Evil'.

The band will then announce 5 winners on 08/18/11. Each winner will receive $1,000 and have their design sold as a limited-edition T-shirt with proceeds benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I took a bit of thought, and decided that as I'm no good at art in the literal sense, I would create a simplistic design using text.

]http://i53.tinypic.com/2db43d3.jpg

T'would be really cool if I could get feedback from you guys. :)

Anyone else participating?

It would be awesome to see what people come up with!

Good Luck to those who enter. ^_^

I really like your design. It's nice and simple and I think text art always looks good on t shirts. You know you can submit it for feedback on the mass canvas site as well before submitting it finally, right?

Here's a really rough sketch of my idea (I did it whilst bored at work the other night hence the lined paper!)

tumblr_lo6n4t7uHx1qetpa6o1_500.jpg

I was researching symbols of good and evil and in a lot of cultures the peacock represents good and the serpent represents evil. So, I was playing around with the idea of a peacock feather, but with a serpent as the spine of the feather. I was also think but using Killjoy colours for the feather and black and white for the serpent (BL/ind 'colours') to tie it in with MCR.

yours is awesome ^____________^

yea I'm in too but I know nothing about t shirt designing basic rules I noticed most of them are made by using a combination between vector and doodle art stuff and this is way different form I usually draw so I'll go there with what will represent me even if its suck lol

I really like your design. It's nice and simple and I think text art always looks good on t shirts. You know you can submit it for feedback on the mass canvas site as well before submitting it finally, right?

Here's a really rough sketch of my idea (I did it whilst bored at work the other night hence the lined paper!)

tumblr_lo6n4t7uHx1qetpa6o1_500.jpg

I was researching symbols of good and evil and in a lot of cultures the peacock represents good and the serpent represents evil. So, I was playing around with the idea of a peacock feather, but with a serpent as the spine of the feather. I was also think but using Killjoy colours for the feather and black and white for the serpent (BL/ind 'colours') to tie it in with MCR.

That sounds like a really good idea!

Are you going to draw it and scan it in, or are you going to re-create it in Photoshop?

It's quite a short time to complete designs though, they're due on the 22nd I think. :blink:

Yeah, I put it through feedback and already got some.

The only thing people are saying is maybe make some words jump out more, and whether it'll be easily read on a T-shirt.

That's the only worry for me.

and this is way different form I usually draw so I'll go there with what will represent me even if its suck lol

I doubt it'll suck!

Everyone's contributions are going to be worthwhile, regardless of how good you are at art.

I mean, I can't even draw a stickman properly, let alone digital art.

Hence the use of text in my design. :lol:

Thanks for the feedback guys! ^_^

Your design is SO KICKASS! O_O

Edit: Sorry to point this out like a douche,

Create an original T-shirt design that answers My Chemical Romance's challenge theme of "Good vs. Evil." Get creative. Get crazy. Just don't actually use the words "good" or "evil."
?

Your design is SO KICKASS! O_O

Edit: Sorry to point this out like a douche,

?

Aha, thanks. :)

I know, but I've seen other posts that they have said 'try not to use the words..'

Also, I don't know whether I'll be keeping the red line, and that's the only part that says 'good and evil'.

I think the red line makes it look too much like a poster.

What d'you reckon to putting a quote in the body?

Too much?

That sounds like a really good idea!

Are you going to draw it and scan it in, or are you going to re-create it in Photoshop?

It's quite a short time to complete designs though, they're due on the 22nd I think. :blink:

Yeah, I put it through feedback and already got some.

The only thing people are saying is maybe make some words jump out more, and whether it'll be easily read on a T-shirt.

That's the only worry for me.

I'm going to try and do it in photoshop. I say try cos I've not done a whole lot of just digital art before! If it ends up rubbish I might just do it on paper and scan it in instead.

If you took the red out of the middle like you were saying in your other post, you could maybe put some of the words in red and play around with sizes and fonts to make them stand out. I like that they're not too obvious cos it means people have to look twice to get the whole meaning behind it.

^ Thanks. ^_^

I changed the design a bit now, I think it looks less poster-like and more something that's fit for a T-shirt.

2j10kzr.jpg

{Sorry for the huge image size by the wxy. :unsure:}

I'm going to try and do it in photoshop. I say try cos I've not done a whole lot of just digital art before! If it ends up rubbish I might just do it on paper and scan it in instead.

Do you have a tablet?

If not, that can make for tricky digital art.

But I'm sure you'll prevail somehow. :)

Looking forward to seeing it!

By the way ....EVERYONE you have to summit everything in a PDF or Ai formatting so it has to be digital art because they going to silk scene it every color has to on different layers. only have 8 colors(different shades are color too) . And they have to be color spots make sure you lay it right

I just talk them on their facebook page ..their are nice but everyone think out of the box p.s you have to be 18 to enter

*Is in need of a tablet* =<

My sister & I are helping each other out.

dude you can go to the adobe website and get a free trial of photo shop but i would used illustrated vetor is better .. Anyone need help I did 2 year of graphic design and 1 year of silk screening

but I would try something more out of the box its good but not a risky

Ahh, but y'see, if I tried something more out of the box it'd end up looking like something drawn by a 5 year old. :lol:

I have quite a few ideas, but no artistic talent to create them.

Hence the whole text-as-image design.

*Is in need of a tablet* =<

My sister & I are helping each other out.

I have one, they're good value for money. :)

Not that I needed to use it for my design. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing what you both come up with!

Ahh, but y'see, if I tried something more out of the box it'd end up looking like something drawn by a 5 year old. :lol:

I have quite a few ideas, but no artistic talent to create them.

Hence the whole text-as-image design.

I have one, they're good value for money. :)

Not that I needed to use it for my design. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing what you both come up with!

good thing about computer art is you dont have to draw your design by hand you do know that lol. Just need to think of a few things message and the positive and negativity space and color

good thing about computer art is you dont have to draw your design by hand you do know that lol. Just need to think of a few things message and the positive and negativity space and color

Ah, but that still involves drawing.

Because I can't use anything that isn't in public domain, so no looking up on Google Images for some nice looking pictures that fit the theme.

Even with my tablet, the best I can draw is a stickman.

Which is why I stuck to text. :rolleyes:

Ah, but that still involves drawing.

Because I can't use anything that isn't in public domain, so no looking up on Google Images for some nice looking pictures that fit the theme.

Even with my tablet, the best I can draw is a stickman.

Which is why I stuck to text. :rolleyes:

not like your taking an image and live tracing it

Right now i'm currently drawing my idea out. Hopefully I can have a picture on here tonight or tomorrow. But once I get the drawing done I'm gonna put it through photoshop and trace over it with a tablet. I tried drawing freehand on the tablet and I just couldn't get the hang out it, so I think this will be easier and much less sloppy. :)

This is my first drawing:

Here's a list of the words that make up the "bully":

UGLY

FAT

WORTHLESS

PATHETIC

IDIOT

LOSER

OUTCAST

FREAK

INADEQUATE

COWARD

LAME

GAY

WRONG

WEIRD

PSYCHOPATH

UNWELL

IMMATURE

GEEK

IMMORAL

STRANGE

BAD

And here are the words in the middle:

BEAUTIFUL

SMART

UNIQUE

CREATIVE

SWEET

STRONG

This is the main point:

"NEVER BACK DOWN"

I know most people think of angels and demons when they think of good and evil, but there are so many different things that can be considered evil. Words may not cause physical harm themselves, but when put together they can do real damage. Never let anyone tell you you're any of those things because you're not. Never back down, and never stop believing in yourself. <3

Archived