Fullmetal Alchemist

3Cheers4Ger

It's an amazing manga and anime about two brothers, Edward and Alphonse Elric, who are highly-skilled alchemists. When they tried using alchemy to bring their mother back to life (forbidden by the laws of alchemy), Edward lost his leg and Alphonse lost his body. To bring his brother back, Edward sacrificed his arm to seal Alphonse's soul to an empty suit of armor. Edward got a steel "auto-mail" arm and leg and became a state alchemist in the military at age 12, known as the "Fullmetal Alchemist." Now he is 15 and Al is 14, and they're on a journey to look for the legendary Philosopher's Stone to get their old bodies back, while getting involved in corrupt military drama.

It's an excellent series, although the anime stops following the manga after 14 episodes and goes in its own route. It becomes a completely different story and ends with a movie, "Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa."

In 2009, a re-make of the anime was made, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, this time based 100% on the manga, with better color quality and animation, different artwork and different music. The voice actors in the Japanese and English dubs were not changed, except Alphonse and Greed got new voices. Brotherhood has old and new characters, and, like the original series, is excellent.

Who watches either(or both) anime shows and/or reads the manga? I DO! :heart: By the way, this was my review. Thought it up from the top of my head.

• 1 month later...

I was told this was a dark series. I watched it and... it bored me.

The sins don't even act like their namesakes save maybe two of them!

Don't even get me started on what they did to Envy

0.o

but i still watch it because I hate Ed and I have hope that one day he'll die and Al will grow a pair and stop acting like a prissy little bitch.

But. I settle for Ed's tears because that's still good.

• 1 month later...

straylight, I only hope you're talking about the first anime. Brotherhood is a BILLION times better because the seven sins are actually what they're supposed to be. Lust is a sexy bitch, Envy is jealous of humans, Gluttony eats stuff like a glutton, Greed is greedy as hell, Pride/Selim Bradley is the "pride and joy" of his mother and is arrogant, and Wrath/Bradley is well...always wants people to feel his wrath.

The first anime was great, but sucked compared to Brotherhood. But that's just me. The first anime had WAY too many changes and the characters were way more sentimental than in the manga.

• 5 months later...

Funimation makes awkward casting choices

"Oh no, the boy is playing a teen who is now a teen can't play the teen anymore. Must hire someone female in their 40s who sounds 12."

or

just keep the actor since the character is supposed to be around that age anyway.

-_-

and maybe they shouldn't hire the same fucking people to play everyone!

also

we get it.

what's his face is short

it wasn't funnythe first time

isn't funny the 50 times after.

FMA is one of my favourites, I played two games by SE on PS2, read most of the manga, and watched the animes but I haven't seen any of the films. I really want to get a tattoo representing it, heh :3

I know, i really want that fullmetal alchemist tattoo of the snake too, it's look pretty great next to all my MCR tats (once i get those >.<)

Archived