Did Papa Roach Copy Mcr? (poll)

hifatpeople

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Papa Roach copied MCR? (Read article before voting)

• Yes
    • No

I just checked my E-mail today, i got an email on june 2nd about papa roach's new music video "No Matter What"

It has a lot of similarities to Danger Days.

The setting of outlaws in a abandoned shack place in the middle of a desert being chased by authourities (Danger Days, nanana)

The car scene where they all get out (compared to the scene where they all get out on nanana)

All 4 of the band members get shot (not as similar but still similar to sing)

I bet theres at least one or two more that I missed.

Do you think they copied nanana? Nanana came out over a half a year before this video.

My opinion? Just a cool coincidence.

Screen%20shot%202010-11-12%20at%201.53.12%20PM.png

Well, I must admit, there are a lot of similarities between the two. You're right about the desert and the shack reminds you of the diner. Na Na Na was more comic-like in fashion, whereas Papa Roach was more straightforward and standard fashion. Everyone has their opinion. Maybe if they come out with a "making of" or an interview shows up they might explain where they came up with the idea.

But I wouldn't say they copied Na Na Na parse- just very similar(and not one of their best videos-they didn't add enough pizzazz to make it like all the other PR videos). And besides, no one can beat Gerard's imagination- not even the most well known artists in history :)

No, it's just a typical wild-west gunfight. That's not original to My Chemical Romance.

The only thing I would associate Wild West with MCR is the whistle-like sound at the beginning of Hang 'Em High. It sounds like one of those whistles you would hear in a Wild West scene before a shootout. Other than that...Wild West doesn't have a correlation with MCR.

The only thing I would associate Wild West with MCR is the whistle-like sound at the beginning of Hang 'Em High. It sounds like one of those whistles you would hear in a Wild West scene before a shootout. Other than that...Wild West doesn't have a correlation with MCR.

This is always what comes in mind whenever that song comes on :D

• 1 month later...

I don't see enough real similarities to say they are copying MCR. Similar setting, different storyline.

Something I always like to say is that there are no real new ideas, just ones to improve upon.

I mean the Na Na Na video is just a modern version of Mad Max. They completely took that idea (of course with permission) and made it their own.

Archived