Want Mcr Wristbands?

RadarAnomaly

Wristbands  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What phrase do you want on the band?

• 8 Legs to the Wall
    • Could you stop the noise?
    • In the dark and out of harm
    • NEWSAGOGO
    • Ritalin Rats
    • Young and Loaded
    • DESTROYA
    • Blast it to the back row!
  2. 2. What color do you want for the band?

• Black
    • White
    • Red
    • Blue
  3. 3. What size width of band?

• Standard
    • One-inch

I'm selling wristbands with MCR phrases on them, but can only afford to produce two types.

I will be selling standard sizes for 5$ each plus 2$ US shipping, and one-inch bands for 6$ plus 2$ US shipping. (out-of-country or continental US, message me and we'll figure out costs.)

Please vote for the phrase you want and the colors you want. This is voting, not an order form, so you won't get custom bands. I will sell the top two phrases in the top color choice.

How many people will buy them? This is so I'll know how many to order.

That sounds like an awesome idea, but make sure you look into copyright issues as making profit off something that is owned by MCR or Warner Brothers is illegal.

This!

Lyrics/song titles are probably a no-no. Same with NEWSAGOGO & such...copyright Better Living Industries. :P

Sure! How do I look that up? Do they automatically own all song titles/lyrics?

You absolutely cannot sell anything with their Song titles on it. WBR owns everything MCR owns, pretty much. So you can't sell anything that says "MCR", "MCRmy", "My Chemical Romance" and you can't put song titles or lyrics because even if WBR doesn't own, MCR does... and you can't impede on MCR's copyrights either. MCR for sure owns the copyright to their lyrics and titles, as well as the things they created for the Danger Days world.

Now, for instance.. you CAN probably sell something that says "Unleash the bats" or "Revenge" or anything that's slightly similar.. In 2004/2005, there were shirts and pins not made by WBR or MCR that said "I'm Not Okay" which was fine because its not a total steal of the copyright because it just said "I'm not okay" or "Not Okay" but had it said, "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" then that would have been a liability.

A girl made and sold MCRmy shirts on the old TSN MCRmy site in 2005/2006 that said "Demolition Soldier" which is a mixture of Demolition Lovers and MCRmy Soldiers. And WBR was completely fine with that. She was even able to use a font similar to MCR's logo for "Demolition Soldiers."

You have to think of it this way.. if you created something, and copyrighted it, and people took it and sold it... you'd be PISSED cause that's money YOU could have made off of it. That's why there are so many knock off items, that are EXACTLY the same, but just SLIGHTLY different.

Like you could probably have one that said, "DESTROYER" instead of "DESTROYA" or maybe one that said "2019." But nothing that is EXACTLY the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm selling wristbands with MCR phrases on them, but can only afford to produce two types.

I will be selling standard sizes for 5$ each plus 2$ US shipping, and one-inch bands for 6$ plus 2$ US shipping. (out-of-country or continental US, message me and we'll figure out costs.)

Im From The Uk :) Soo How Can I Buy One :( x :rolleyes:

Just wondering, but could you make things like that for nonprofit? For example, could you order a bunch of wristbands that say something like "My Chemical Romance - Illinois MCRmy" and they all cost two dollars to make and for shipping and stuff, could you hand them out to MCRmy members (prehaps at a gang meeting and whatnot) for two dollars? Cuz I'd love to get a bunch of those but I can't pay over $40 and have everyone else get them for free. Does that make sense?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived