Tim Burton

sallyskells

I love Beetlejuice, this movie left a lasting impression on me as a child (I had this morbid facination with the after life because of that film). I believe Beetlejuice was the first Tim Burton movie I ever watched. Edward Scissorhands follows very closely as a 2nd favourite. I absolutely adored Charlie and the Chocolate factory and Sweeney Todd.

I haven't quite forgiven Burton for the nonsense that was 'Planet Of The Apes'. He still has alot of making up to do =)

beetlejuice!

the banana boat song

damn i love that movie. i remember the first time i saw it (in school cause we had nothing better to do) nobody could stop singing six foot seven foot eight foot bunch!

edward scissorhands. tim burton is just brilliant in every way. i'm going to the exhibit they have on his work at the lacma this weekend. can't wait!

Most of his stuff is legit. Obviously NBC is classic. I also liked his version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory much more than the original. It was brilliant! Corpse Bride was precious. The only one I've seen that I didn't care for was 9.

I love everything that Tim Burton has made. <3

And his own creation, Vincent, is amazing.

My first Tim Burton movie was Nightmare Before Christmas and when I was little I made my dad watch it with me over and over. Lol

Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride, and a few others. <3

I love Beetlejuice, this movie left a lasting impression on me as a child (I had this morbid facination with the after life because of that film). I believe Beetlejuice was the first Tim Burton movie I ever watched. Edward Scissorhands follows very closely as a 2nd favourite. I absolutely adored Charlie and the Chocolate factory and Sweeney Todd.

I haven't quite forgiven Burton for the nonsense that was 'Planet Of The Apes'. He still has alot of making up to do =)

Then you certainly won't be pleased with the remake they're coming out with - The Return Of The Planet Of The Apes

But back to Tim Burton, I like most of his work, especially the nightmare before christmas. My friend has adopted his style n draws great characters and scenery with it. She says she's in love with his sexy style lol

What's an example of a "horrible wreck"?

To me, 9, some of his Batman movies, Planet of the Apes, Sleepy Hollow, and Alice in Wonderland are all pretty bad.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Mars Attacks, and Corpse Bride are iffy

"horrible wrecks" may have been an exaggeration because there are worse movies in existence, I just don't always think he deserves the god-status he's given

The vampire soap opera?

Yes

Everyone tell me your favorite Tim Burton character

Lydia

I love:

Big Fish

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Edward Scissorhands

Sleepy Hollow

I liked Corpse Bride and Sweeney Todd well enough. I really did not like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Alice in Wonderland.

Everything else I haven't seen and probably should, so that I'll have a more informed opinion on him :)

Archived