Mcr 10th Anniversary Epic Twitter Takeover! (and Tumblr)

lastnightilie

Okaaay, so I know a LOT of people want to do something special for MCR's tenth anniversary... people are planning lots of different projects, some to give to them, and some to post online. Since this is the internet, I thought it would be cool if we had one place the band could look through alll the online projects devoted to their anniversary. Then I thought, wouldn't it also be cool if we could make people all over the world think about MCR for this one day?

Hence my idea for making a Twitter hashtag, which we will use to coordinate this project leading up to the date, and on that date we will just post as much as possible on that topic until it trends. There is going to be a central Tumblr to collect all the projects, which the tweets can link to.

These are all tentative ideas, so give me your input. We've got some time, but we need as much as possible to make this work!

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT TWEET THIS TO THE BAND. I think it would be really cool if this could just be a huge surprise for them on that day. When it starts trending, we can all try to alert them to it and they will be all, "Wow, cool!" It won't be as cool if they've been hearing about it the whole time. IF YOU REPOST THIS ANYWHERE, PLEASE INCLUDE THIS NOTE.

Date: So I don't know the exact date, but let me know if you do. I read it was "about a week after September 11," so I chose September 18. We definitely don't want to go for the days surrounding 9/11 because I'm guessing something related to that will be trending that day. I think we should start tweeting it a lot just to spread the word and let the topic grow, but on that day we will just go nuts and try to get them to see it.

What to Tweet: So far the tag will be #MCRTenthAnniversary. For now, let's just start using it to share tenth anniversary projects. If you have a project, promote it on Twitter with that hashtag. You can also comment on projects using the same tag, or ask questions about how this will work. We'll just put it in use. On 9/18, we're going to make an explosion. I guess there will be one main blurb to repost containing a brief description of what we're doing and a link to the project listing; people will also promote individual projects, which you can retweet if you like. At that point, people can participate by just writing their own quick note to the band on their own blog/Tumblr and tweeting the link. It will hopefully become a gigantic tornado of love for MCR!

Tumblr: The work-in-progress Tumblr (which I'm not yet sure how it will be laid out) is http://mcrtenthanniversary.tumblr.com... if you have ideas for it, let me know.

Coordinators: @SaintStudious (that's me, I just made a new Twitter for the MCRmy, my old one was lame)

@mehleighb, @Cyanidecheetah, @hweb707

*If you want to help me coordinate this by posting information, keeping track of how it's going, etc. let me know and I'll add you to the list.

And LeatherLiberation, when you just typed LOTS I actually thought you meant to say LOTMS. haha you know you're a diehard fan when you do stuff like that. :P

haha I thought that too :lol:

I think it's a great idea and I'll definitely be heavily utilizing this on 9/18 and for our upcoming projects :)

Hah, I'm so glad I spontaneously made a twitter last week xD This is really cool!

Awesome, lol... but even if you hadn't, it's not too late to make one. I won't think it's weird if people make an account just for this, I'll think it's AWESOME. :D

Cool, im definately in. Could i be a cocordinator? I can be useful. :) i know a several groups that would absolutely love to join in.

Of course! Can I have your Twitter username? And definitely spread this around to any groups or friends who'd be interested!

Awesome, lol... but even if you hadn't, it's not too late to make one. I won't think it's weird if people make an account just for this, I'll think it's AWESOME. :D

Of course! Can I have your Twitter username? And definitely spread this around to any groups or friends who'd be interested!

Sure! I think i already posted it somewhere on here but i forgot. Well maybe it is but im too lazy to look up! :) anyways its @hweb707.

I'll join in on this! Though I hope there will be a lot of talking about it when it get's closer, since I have memory like a goldfish, and don't remember it if you guys don't remind me ;)

Do you have a Twitter? When I have more ideas I'm going to tweet everyone (and hopefully you guys will tweet me with your ideas too!)

Sounds sick. Hopefully its kept a secret from the band!

Yeah... the worst thing that could happen is if they start to hear about it from lots of different people the whole time, and then it never trends... lol

My friend, @dude311k, should be able to help. I talked to him about it... <_<

What will he do to help? Coordinate or just tweet a lot?

Archived