Malfoy Or Potter?

GimmeAllYourPoison

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

omfg @#$%!&^*^&** haha just for fun. no i love everybody except crabbe and goyle. but malfoy, he's just awesome. i don't care that he's a bit cowardly or that he thinks he's better than everybody else, i love him just the same. harry's annoying cuase he can be a bit self righteous.

and tom felton is hot

I just don't understand what redeemable qualities Draco has other than being debatably good looking and possibly having an angsty gay crush on Harry. He's not even a good antagonist.

...although my newfound dislike of him may stem from the fact that he's the same character archetype as Prince Joffrey in Game of Thrones, who is a repulsive little inbred bastard cunt -_-

I just don't understand what redeemable qualities Draco has other than being debatably good looking and possibly having an angsty gay crush on Harry. He's not even a good antagonist.

...although my newfound dislike of him may stem from the fact that he's the same character archetype as Prince Joffrey in Game of Thrones, who is a repulsive little inbred bastard cunt -_-

I KNOW

so he cried a lot over the fact he joined the Death eaters. who cares. He's a racist rich boy with a bad haircut.

and you know, I thought of Draco each time that guy was on screen.

Crookshanks is a jerk

Normally I like cats because they are jerks, but Crookshanks is a special exception

I can't remember because I hated book 7 and I try to block it out, but Malfoy didn't do anything noteworthy in the end, did he? After not wanting to join the death eaters in HBP, I expected him to switch sides in the end, but he never did. Super lame.

He redeemed himself, or something since everyone stopped hating him for some reason. But he still said he wanted Hermione to die. and I don't forgive that type of behavior.

He's a bastard. He will always be a bastard.

whereas, Polyjuice!Moody, and Luna and Winky will always be amazing.

aaaaand Book Barty jr!

:wub:

like an evil Peter Vincent.

they also had more depth than Harry and Draco

I'm sorry, but this is what I think of Malfoy.

hermionepunch.gif

After those things he said about Hermione (including the mudblood references), and how he is just a pure coward (I think once Voldemort returns there's hardly a scene that he's in that doesn't involve him in a corner, crying) I would choose Harry over Malfoy.

But if I had a choice, I would probably choose Lupin or Sirius.

I don't like Draco, but I think his character is interesting. He's obviously a jerk and he said some terrible things, so maybe I shouldn't feel bad for him but I kind of did. He didn't want to be a Death Eater, he was just afraid of Voldemort and his father (which makes him a coward, but inside I don't think he was a bad person...it's just that he was under a lot of emotional stress and he didn't want to die).

But I wouldn't choose Harry either. I don't really like him.

Sirius might be my favorite character, or maybe Luna.

Honestly, (and this is gonna sound REALLY bad) I'm only on the second book (don't hurt me!), so I'm a little bit confused about all these names. But nevertheless, I still love Draco to death. I just have this good feeling about him, you know? I can't really explain it. Plus, Harry's pretty annoying and wayyy to popular- in the wizard world AND muggle world.

This is not a topic JUST to bash on Draco. I know some people have sided with Malfoy, and I appreciate that. However, the people siding with Potter don't need to go in full detail about why they hate Malfoy. I know the people who have sided with Malfoy sometimes bash on Potter, but it's not as lengthy. I'm sorry if I'm being a jerk, but I had to put that out there.

I can't help but think that Harry has always been a bit of a tosser who wanted nothing more than to avenge his parents death. Which is completely understandable, it really, really is, but God, sometimes he comes across as such a selfish cunt.

I guess I really would hate Draco if the books had been written from his POV - nevermind how terrible the story would be, but to see how his mind works would probably be a horrible thing.

Still, I do feel like he is oppressed greatly by his parents, their beliefs and the people they surround themselves with.

He never really had a choice to be anything but what he is, if he had been he would've been abandoned completely.

It's no surprise that his life took the turn that it did.

I voted for Harry, I almost always side with the main-characters :P

I have to say that I easily would've chosen Luna, Neville, Doddy, Kreacher, Sirius, Lupin... Or maybe not, I have a thing for Harry! But still, I do think Hermione and Ron also are pretty good characters :) I just don't like the bad guys in those books :P

i feel really weird for saying that i've always loved harry. although i like hermione and the weasley family more.

but, y'know, i think harry is alright.

I can't say I've always loved Harry, he was a self-absorbed jerk sometimes and almost unbearable in Book 5, but he was a well done, relatable character -- as most characters are in these books. Everyone is deeply human, which is a large part of why the series is loved so much.

I sympathize with Tom Riddle and the Death Eaters, and yet I still love Harry and his friends

This is not a topic JUST to bash on Draco. I know some people have sided with Malfoy, and I appreciate that. However, the people siding with Potter don't need to go in full detail about why they hate Malfoy. I know the people who have sided with Malfoy sometimes bash on Potter, but it's not as lengthy. I'm sorry if I'm being a jerk, but I had to put that out there.

Note that bashing a character should not be taken as bashing people who like that character. This is a discussion about the pros and cons of each and why we like and dislike these two characters, which is what I and others are doing. I'm sorry if my blunt responses offended anyone, I get overly passionate about things. My comments against Draco are invitations for people to discuss or debate my points with me and answer my question of why he is so likable as to be pitted against Harry as the favorite character in the series. The thread would go nowhere if it was nothing but posts saying "I like Harry more" or "I like Draco more" without being able to talk in detail about why.

Archived