So I was looking through a deviantart mcr page and saw this:

we_are_soldiers_in_the_mcrmy_by_xdemolitionxlover136-d37dbgs.jpg

And then my face went something like this:

160x160.jpg

Because it looks an awful lot like this:

anonymous-fools-oprah.jpg

And this:

4chan-logo.jpg

is not a group of people we want to mess with.

Rmy, what do you guys make of this? While it is possible that an rmy member saw the original anonymous picture on the internet and decided to edit it for his/her own use without knowing what it was, that seems like a large coincidence to me. Coupled with the fact that the phrasing/positioning of the messages on the bottom are EXTREMELY similar, this makes me suspect that the creator knew exactly what they were doing and it was intended as a parody of anonymous. But who created it, and why? If we go with the not-rmy-member theory then it would make no sense to make the MCRmy poster seem legit (as in, it isn't making fun of MCR or the fans in an obvious way), at least, in my opinion. Any one got any ideas as to why this was made? I checked her deviantart, and she seems real enough, but something's up with this...

What ever it is, don't repost or reblog that image, even if it was made with good intent, an attack from 4chan b users is not what we need....I don't know a lot, but I know enough to know that could result in something bad.

Luckily it doesn't seem like it's gotten too many hits, here is the DA if you want to take a look: http://xdemolitionxl...deviantart.com/

Notice that the account isn't at all that old, and that the MCRmy picture is her only deviation. There is also only one blog entry. I'm convinced something's up and it makes me wonder if we should worry....any ways, just a heads up.

Discussion on this is welcome, I'm eager to figure out what's going on.

EDIT: ANYONE PLANNING ON CLICKING THAT LINK, BEWARE.

The Frerard fan art favourited on that page startled me!

I don't think 4Chan's plotting an attack. I don't think we're big enough for them to want to attack us. I remember there being another thread on here that was about someone on 4Chan trying to set up an attack the day the MCRmy boards were up & running...it was something about spamming that Frank had died. As far as I know, nothing of the sort happened. I'm not too worried.

Even of they are plotting...I'm not sure on how we could prevent an attack, except maybe get the mods on full guard mode. =/

yeah, i don't really see this as 4chan planning an attack, although that deviantart page gives me weird vibes. i mean, it's almost too mcr fan-ish, if you know what i mean. it's weird.

and it's strange how they say that we don't have an official logo, when we do, looking at the top of this page... idk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan

this is the original thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anonymous_Flag.svg

and history of "anonymous," which is kinda what 4chan is about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)

i find the page creepy because it hits on everything the stereotypical mcr fan is about: preteen girl, frerard, emphasis on the mcrmy being loving, etc. but the typing seems a lot more mature than thirteen (not to insult anyone who's thirteen here. but they type more formally than me, and i'm nineteen.)

Oh wow, that is creepy. Thank you for those details lol. Yeah, I know what you mean though... that person who belongs to that profile does not seem smart enough to find that photo and know what it means, much less extend it to the MCRmy.

I can't really give an opinion on the whole attack thing, though, because I don't really know how they work or anything. But aren't those the people who attack large corporations and things for political reasons? Why would they attack the MCRmy?

-edit- omg now I'm all creeped out and I feel like someone's watching me with no head! Also is it weird that there is an AIM screenname but it says "it's my brother's old one"?

Oops so sorry should have warned for the frerard and other...questionable, material that was favorited.

Yeah, that page gives me bad vibes...partly why I posted it here for 'investigation' I suppose you could call it. And I agree with rachelescent about it hitting on everything mcr fans can be stereotyped/characterized as being. It's too spot on, I mean, it's as if some parent who reads the Daily Mail or listens to Glen Beck sat down and wrote what they think an mcr fan is. And now that it was mentioned, the style of typing DOES seem very formal for what seems to a person with such an informal way of talking (did her using words like 'thingy' really bother anyone else besides me?). However, for being fake, the part she wrote about mcr being loving, caring, life saving etc doesn't seem like something somebody that doesn't know the band could think up. Idk that's just me, but unless they spent a lot of time looking into the band most people that know nothing would probably be more likely to post something uneducated like about enjoying the flow of blood and how "Gee is our fabulous undead leader" or some other generic myth/stereotype/rumor like that.

What bugs me about it is that if it is fake: 1) In the description for the picture it is saying some pretty serious stuff about how the rmy is caring, life-saving so on, that shouldn't be said by someone who could be a fake. Obviously every one who knows and loves this band feels different ways about different things, but I think one thing we can agree on is that this band affects all of us in positive ways, and that's not to say anything applies to all, but I'm sure we can agree that the issue of life-saving isn't something to just throw around. For the purposes of this thread let's not get into any of that. And 2) If it a real fan, and they did know, what would possess them to do something like that? There are so many reasons I think that it's not that maybe saying an 'attack' was a bit strong, but I still worry. There wouldn't be anything we could do, but it kind of hurts knowing someone might want to hurt a fanbase as loving, amazing, and completely crazy as this one. ...Maybe it's Kevin, we have incurred his wrath!!

Oh wow, that is creepy. Thank you for those details lol. Yeah, I know what you mean though... that person who belongs to that profile does not seem smart enough to find that photo and know what it means, much less extend it to the MCRmy.

I can't really give an opinion on the whole attack thing, though, because I don't really know how they work or anything. But aren't those the people who attack large corporations and things for political reasons? Why would they attack the MCRmy?

-edit- omg now I'm all creeped out and I feel like someone's watching me with no head! Also is it weird that there is an AIM screenname but it says "it's my brother's old one"?

yeah, i thought that was strange. it might have been explaining the name though, since it's "jacob."

the main reason 4chan would attack MCRmy would be to mess with us. not to long ago, they said they would attack tumblr... because it would be fun. but, mcrmy isn't as big as tumblr, so it would be kind of silly if they did.

edit: i think, if anyone researched the fanbase a bit, they would know how much we say how loving it is, and how the band saves lives, etc. they would just have to go on here once. which anyone on 4chan could do.

yeah idk what their motivation would be. I guess just keep watching, that's what I'm gonna do. The deviantart doesn't seem like it has been used for a while though. There are no new entries or favorites. Let's hope they gave up on whatever they were doing and that thing is done.

I've actually seen the force of 4chan do some good things...Finding the woman who binned a cat, searching for the puppy thrower, opposing the WBC. So it would be absolutely fruitless for them to come on here and start anything, because a)things are caught pretty quickly here, and B) I'm not sure the reaction would be what they would want it to be. I remember seeing the original thread here about there being a possible attack, but it never took off. That page is creepy, but for now, try not to worry; if you see something on here and it bothers you or you think that something is going on, try contacting a mod. I'd be ok with MLP spam tongue.gif. (Just kidding.) Like Rachel said, just be vigilant! We're called an army for a reason, too.

^^agree, contacting a mod would definitely be the best solution if anyone sees anything weird :)

i think the original thing about 4chan attacking mcrmy never took off, because everyone else on 4chan was saying it would be stupid. at least that's what i remember xD

4chan like attacking things dont they?

TROLOLOLOL...

An image is missing on the screen for me, i dont see any evidence which suggests they're going to "attack" us. So what makes you think it?

But seriously? If they are then they need to grow up. Ruining other peoples fun is SOOOOO not cool.

Psshht.

I've actually seen the force of 4chan do some good things...Finding the woman who binned a cat, searching for the puppy thrower, opposing the WBC. So it would be absolutely fruitless for them to come on here and start anything, because a)things are caught pretty quickly here, and B) I'm not sure the reaction would be what they would want it to be. I remember seeing the original thread here about there being a possible attack, but it never took off. That page is creepy, but for now, try not to worry; if you see something on here and it bothers you or you think that something is going on, try contacting a mod. I'd be ok with MLP spam tongue.gif. (Just kidding.) Like Rachel said, just be vigilant! We're called an army for a reason, too.

OMG were they the ones that found her? XD

I think i might like 4Chan...

Was the puppy thrower the bitch you chucked all the puppies in the river?

EVIIIIL.

It's too spot on, I mean, it's as if some parent who reads the Daily Mail or listens to Glen Beck sat down and wrote what they think an mcr fan is.

This is kind of unrelated, but has GLENN BECK spoken about MCR?!

-edit- Yeah, from my understanding, they are only trying to oppose unjust things, like sites that infringe users' rights, and they're obsessed with hating Scientology. Don't know how we would relate to either of those. If anyone wanted to attack us, it would probably be a small group of amateurs who didn't even understand the group's values. So I'm pretty sure it would be quashed [is that a word?] easily.

Oh, ok I just saw the thing Gerard wrote by searching this forum. Does anyone know where I could see what Glenn Beck actually said?

I hate that guy but I know he only talks about stuff he personally finds threatening to his political agenda... sooo I think it's pretty effing awesome that he would talk crap about MCR!

Oh, ok I just saw the thing Gerard wrote by searching this forum. Does anyone know where I could see what Glenn Beck actually said?

I hate that guy but I know he only talks about stuff he personally finds threatening to his political agenda... sooo I think it's pretty effing awesome that he would talk crap about MCR!

There's a whole thread for this here.

The first post has the link to the clip where Beck talks about MCR / Sing.

And regarding 4Chan, I think it's best to just ignore threats / coincidences about them.

Things like that spread by word of mouth, and it's only made worse if people start reacting to it.

If anything happens (which I doubt) we'll just react to it as and when it does.

And then send out our SuperMods to deal with it.

This is kind of unrelated, but has GLENN BECK spoken about MCR?!

-edit- Yeah, from my understanding, they are only trying to oppose unjust things, like sites that infringe users' rights, and they're obsessed with hating Scientology. Don't know how we would relate to either of those. If anyone wanted to attack us, it would probably be a small group of amateurs who didn't even understand the group's values. So I'm pretty sure it would be quashed [is that a word?] easily.

True true, still effing creepy.

And I agree with chemical. Let's leave this thread to die and go eat pizza

If anything happens (which I doubt) we'll just react to it as and when it does.

And then send out our SuperMods to deal with it.

This!

I'm locking this thread because I don't want any scaremongering or people panicking. I really doubt anything is going to happen, and if it does, rest assured a mod will be onto it asap :D If you do see anything suspicious (or anything breaking any rule for that matter), just report it :)

Archived