Mikey's Birthday!

SulfurSiren

Hey killjoys! I'm going to be attending MCR's show on Mikey's birthday in Indy on 9/10/2011!! I know Mikey has done plenty of great things for us, so now it's time for us to show our thanks! I was thinking that we could make Mikey a birthday card! If you would like to participate, you can add your message to the thread or pm it to me if you feel more comfortable. You can add your name and location, a message, or anything else you'd like to say. I'll make sure all of the entries get added to the card and send you guys some pictures of the finished product.

The deadline is Monday September 5th I can't guarantee that I will definitely be able to get it to Mikey, but we are going to try our best. I am going to the show the following night in Detroit; so hopefully I'll have two chances to get it to him :)EDIT: I'm no longer able to attend Indy, but my friend Lia is still going and will make sure that Mikey's card gets to him either from the pit, after the show, or the following night

Also, if you have any ideas of epic things that we can do for Mikey's birthday please tell us! We would really like to do something phenomenal and think that having signs and singing happy birthday won't necessarily be enough. So if you have any great ideas, send them our wxy :D

we could get a giant birthday card. like, make one on posterboard or something. i don't know how hard that would be to carry around, though :P

that's a good idea, but I was hoping for smaller, since I'm sure he gets tons of stuff. Maybe half a poster board would be plenty :)

I think this idea is cool, but if you get a lot of people wanting to write messages, don't cut them out, just use a bigger poster, haha. You can also staple extra pages on top, that will be like a flap that he can lift and see more messages under it. I doubt he will get sick of reading well wishes!

I'll write a little message and PM it to you. Not right now, though.

I think this idea is cool, but if you get a lot of people wanting to write messages, don't cut them out, just use a bigger poster, haha. You can also staple extra pages on top, that will be like a flap that he can lift and see more messages under it. I doubt he will get sick of reading well wishes!

I'll write a little message and PM it to you. Not right now, though.

You're right! I just didn't want to weigh him down with too big a poster or something of the sort. I'll figure out how to put it together so everything will fit and will change that in the original message. Can't wait to receive yours :)

Here's my message:

"Have a fantastic birthday!"

Much MCRmy love,

Kat, Connecticut

If only you had a whole lot of people, each person could hold one sheet of paper above them, and all the sheets of paper together would show a message.

Sorry if that sounds confusing. D:

I'll try to find an example...

This might not work for the card but it would be awesome to do this in the crowd. I'm sure you'd get their attention this way. =]

ExampleCard.jpg

They'd be closer together than that but I hope you get the picture.

Picture one rectangle to be one sheet of paper. One person each holds one sheet, everyone stands together in order, and there is a puzzle message.

Like I said, it probably won't work for the card, but it'd be cool to do that for the concert, and like give the card to him another way. =]

it probably won't work for the card, but it'd be cool to do that for the concert, and like give the card to him another way. =]

I agree about it not being the best choice for the card, but think it would be fun for the concert :) I really want to break that pokerface again :lol:

Archived