Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feralfire5000

Scenario Goodness

i think the difference is how they're written, scenarios are in script form and fics are in ya know full writing XD or pros i think it is called

scenarios are more ligt hearted and random and not serious in anyway whereas fics normally have more complicated storey lines and so on.

i'd say it's more like the banner of fan fiction does include scenarios but within fiction you have fics which are different to scenarios which are different from lets say poems.

in short it is a difference in writing style

another example is the sport of rowing

rowing infact only covers boats with one oar per person whereas sculling it is two oars per person. these are two separate disciplines however rowing has been used to describe both these disiplines so fan fiction is like the term rowing.

I hope that helps :)

- _ - This is turning into the ATM thread.

*gets up on her soap box with a megaphone* PEOPLE, THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SO SERIOUSLY. PLEASE KINDLY GET OVER IT AND GO BACK TO HAVING FUN.

Also you are more than welcome to post your fanfics here...so long as they are transcribed into scenario form. And none of the nasty things. The great Admins will come with their beating sticks otherwise. *eyes the sky warily* ALL HAIL THE ADMINS!

Oh I love the scenarios, don't get me wrong, they're fucking hilarious, but I've read fan fics that aren't taken seriously like these are too. I don't write fics myself, I'm great at thinking of them but shit when it comes to putting things to paper. :lol:

Oh and you completely lost me on the boating thing. @_@

Oh and you completely lost me on the boating thing. @_@

Essentially it's a complicated wxy of saying "All X's are Y's, but not all Y's are X's." It's like saying basses are a kind of guitar, although people would argue that they are completely different. Still, it's sometimes known as a bass guitar. Scenarios could be called fanfics, but some people think they aren't. Scenarios are a type of fiction written by fans, but we prefer to just call them scenarios.

K, I'm new to this, but I'm gonna try one: *takes a deep breath*

Creepy Narrator: It was a day like any other, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and all was good and well at the same time in HappyFlowePixieMyChemiclaRomanceLand--

Gerard: *Punches Narrator* SHUT UP YOU FUCKING PSYCHO I DIDN'T LET YOU IN HERE!

Frank: thanks Gerard, I was getting terrified.

Mikey: *Walks in groggily* What happened? Why is there glitter and pixies everywhere? Is it my birthday?

Gerard: Ha, no, who would do anything for you birthday?

Mikey *cries in corner*

Ray: But seriously, Mikey's right. We all woke up today and some random guy was narrating our lives like a Care Bear and we were in a grassy field of flowers.

Gerard: Ray, you very well know who did this! I always see you and you fro planning thing like this...

Ray: *blinks rapidly* why would the fro do something like this?!

Fro: *purrs in agreement*

Gerard: Everyone, I think we have... a MYSTERY TO SOLVE!!!

*Everyone groans*

Gerard: I shall be the chief investigator! Mikey - you're my stupid sidekick! Ray and his fro are obviously the villains-

Frank: Gerard, if you knew who the villains were, there wouldn't be a mystery...

Gerard: I was about to say, Frank, YOU can make the snide remarks.

Frank: >_>

Gerard: Ray, go run and hide somewhere I can't find you until later.

Ray: ...Gladly...

Gerard: Now Mikey, from now on you name is Watson. And you have to call me Sherlock.

Mikey: If I solve the mystery, do I get food?

Gerard: Good Mikey, you are VERY good at bring the stupid sidekick, Now, Franklin,

Frank: That's not my name...

Gerard: Be quiet, Frankford! *grabs Frank by the collar* where were you, last night, when the rest of us were sleeping?!

Frank: Um, sleeping...?

Gerard: Sleeping ,you say?! Do you have PROOF?

Frank: Yes, I do. you put a camera in my room to make sure I didn't sneak out and feed Mikey while you were sleeping.

Gerard: I must check these video recordings!

Frank: You did. Every hour. It was really annoying, actually. You kept waking me up.

Gerard: -_- You stumped me again, Mr. SnideRemarkman.

Frank: Hey, where'd Mikey go??

Gerard: Watson! Stop wandering off!

Mikey: *is distracted by a fairy* huh? You know how we got here? You can help?

*Fairy mumbles in strange language Mikey apparently understands*

Mikey: YOU HAVE FOOD?!

Gerard: *Sneaks up behind fairy* EVIL CREATURE! YOU TRY AND FEED WATSON?!

Fairy *Strange language*

Gerard: Watson? What did it say?

Mikey: it said "I did not know you would object, superior being. My apologies."

Gerard: This tiny beast speaks in sweet tongues, but we do not know the evils it may hide underneath its cover of cuteness!

Fairy: *More weird noises*

Mikey: It says "I can assist you in your investigation.'

Gerard: I know what that means! It means it's against us!

Frank: Actually it means it want to help...

Gerard: Well then! It must first prove itself worthy! Fairy?

Fairy: *Small squeak*

Mikey: It said "Yes?"

Gerard: How is a raven like a writing desk?!

Fairy: *Loud burping noise*

Mikey: It said "They both start with R."

Gerard: I couldn't have put it better myself! Now, to catch whoever put us in this universe!

Everyone: Yeah!

Mikey: *Backs up and accidentally knocks over a cardboard tree* Whoops, sorry...

Gerard: Watson, you clumsy, good for nothing -

Frank: Wait! Who's that behind the tree?

Fairy: *loud screeches*

Mikey: It said "It's a strange man with abnormally large hair!"

Geraard: Ray! I knew you were behind this - literally! *Laughs at his own joke* Get it, he was behind the tree?

*Cricket noises*

Ray: *Uninterested voice* Oh no, you got me. You'll never get away with this, you meddling children...

Fro: *purrs in agreement*

Gerard: Now, get us out of here and set this right!

Ray: I don't really know how.

Mikey: Well, you have to do SOMETHING!

Fairy; *moos*

Mikey: It said "YEAH!"

Ray: Well okay, here goes... Hey Frank!

Frank: What?!

Ray: You're, um, really short!

Frank: >_> What... did... you... say?

Ray: You're really short. So short, people think you're a... little kid. The fro agrees.

Fro: *Purrs in agreement*

Frank: Grrrrrr..... *roars in hulk-esque way*

Mikey: uh-oh...

Leathermouth Frank: I WILL DEVOUR YOUR FUCKING SOULS!

Fairy: *Crazy Noises*

Mikey: It said "You can't devour our souls here! it's too happy of a place!"

Leathermouth Frank: *Picks up Gerard* YOU WILL BE FIRST! *tries to devour Gerard's soul* I...CAN'T...DO...IT...!

Fairy: *grins smugly*

LT Frank: TOO...MUCH HAPPINESS...MUST RETURN...TO...HOUSE!!!! *Uses evil powers to return them to the house*

*everyone crashes to the floor, LT Frank picks up Gerard, and is about to eat his soul...*

Bob: hey guys. What happened? Where'd that fairy come from?

LT Frank: NOOOOOOO! POWERS...BEING...DRAINED....

Frank: *shakes head rapidly* Whoa... Thanks Bob.

Gerard: Another day, another mystery solved!

Mikey: Can I keep the fairy?

Everyone: Oh.... fine.

There. I did it. Did you guys like it? I'm pretty proud, actually. Tell me what you think! And, can we keep the fairy as a character? I like it.

It was very good, and we actually had Gerard and Mikey acting as a crime-fighting team. They were the Wxy Brothers Investagatory Squad, or something along those lines, but their arch nemesis was Diabolical Bob, who, like Ray in your scenario, was the object of many of Gerard's wild and baseless accusations.

You can keep the fairy in your scenarios, like Laurie and Danica kept Juan (who I shamelessly stole), and like I occasionally have Smooch, the MCRmy Medics dog. Smooch's full name is Anthony Arthur Cory James Nathanial Thomas McPupperson, but for obvious reasons his name was shortened to Smooch. He appears when bad things are happening and people need somebody to hug. He is this puppy:

springer-puppy.jpg

He is floppy and furry and huggable and adorable. Sometimes I let him loose in my scenarios when Gerard is picking on Mikey, and then either Smooch will make Mikey feel better, or Gerard will be too busy playing with him to notice Mikey sneaking off to steal food. Feel free to put him in your scenarios, or to just give him a hug when you feel down.

I saw someone had said something about these being similar to Fanfiction, which was a problem on the old boards, and the reason why I haven't posted any really in this thread. Its complicated, however, the moderators have no qualms with scenarios because in general Scenarios depict the band in comedic situations and lapses of judgment and do not depict ANY romantic/sexual situations and they are written in play-esque form. Fanfiction usually involves romantic situations and are disliked by the general population.

I've mentioned this is in the clarifications on sexualizing the band thread.

MyChemicalRomanceForum.com offers fanfiction posts, if you'd like a forum that allows it.

Scenarios were the life blood of the original MCRmy and lumping them with fanfiction is sickening as they are in good taste. I'll fight for this as part of the group that introduced scenarios to the MCRmy years ago. xD

Scenarios were the life blood of the original MCRmy and lumping them with fanfiction is sickening as they are in good taste.

Umm, I mean no disrespect, but there is a lot of fanfiction out there that is in good taste. I myself wrote some fanfiction a looong time ago which weren't about romance or sex at all, it was basically just a bunch of random, funny stories I wrote about the band; pretty much scenarios in regular writing form. And there are a lot of other people who also write totally appropriate and interesting stories.

I'm not trying to put down scenarios, they can be really flipping funny! :) But I don't think it's right that anyone judge the entirety of fanfiction as being just a bunch of slash stories, because in reality, that is just not true.

I didn't mean to belittle sensible fanfiction, but this is how the scenarios were justified by the moderators. We have to restrict its criteria because of slash. Our main justification was MCR's approval. They've shown a big distaste for fanfiction, however, they were given a scrapbook of the first scenarios written and thought they were great. We apologized to Frank because he saw some and we were afraid he'd be upset, and he said, "Nah, they're funny! We have a sense of humor." That's why when it came time to make a decision on fanfiction, scenarios were allowed.

Hence why the scenarios have a strict writing policy, they don't include family or romantic pairings. Normally, they're short.. but Feral writes really long ones. O_O Sometimes they're done in a series (staying in its own thread) or are stand alone.

To be honest, I knew that these would cause this problem. I'll be revising things with the other mods to see if we can still use this justification. Until then, they're different.

Normally, they're short.. but Feral writes really long ones. O_O

Says the co-writer of the longest running scenario thread in history! Some of yours were plenty long back in the day! And I don't mean for them to turn out that long...it just happens that wxy... \=

Says the co-writer of the longest running scenario thread in history! Some of yours were plenty long back in the day! And I don't mean for them to turn out that long...it just happens that wxy... \=

I was talking one scenario length. xD Not the entire thread, silly Feral.

I was talking one scenario length. xD Not the entire thread, silly Feral.

I know, but there were times when I'd go in to read the next installment of that scenario and I'd be there for twenty minutes reading one post! Mind you, I had to take breaks because I'd be laughing so hard I couldn't see, but still!

Quick question: I saw on a prev page that we have to spell "way" with an "x" to keep the moderators off our backs... Why? Because we spell everyone else's name exactly the same...? I'm confused :( Help?

Quick question: I saw on a prev page that we have to spell "way" with an "x" to keep the moderators off our backs... Why? Because we spell everyone else's name exactly the same...? I'm confused :( Help?

It's just a long running habit/joke from the TSN MCRmy :) The moderators won't really eat you for spelling it W... with an 'A' (couldn't bring myself to type it :P). I'm sure somebody else will explain better than me why we spell it 'Wxy' though!

It's just a long running habit/joke from the TSN MCRmy :) The moderators won't really eat you for spelling it W... with an 'A' (couldn't bring myself to type it :P). I'm sure somebody else will explain better than me why we spell it 'Wxy' though!

That actually helped me plenty, thank you! lol

We're not allowed to talk about the boys' personal lives, so the Mods would scan the Forums for posts that had 'wxy' with an 'a' and delete them, y'know, in case people were like "OMFB I WILL BE THE NEXT MRS. WXY!" because the crazy ones who were just there to be annoying wouldn't know about the 'x' rule. Dunno why we didn't do anything with anyone else's last names...

Im sorry guys, i feel totally stupid... but im neew at this... Can you explain are exaclty the scenarios? What's the difference between fanfics and scenarios.? On easy words please(:

I just sat here and read all 5 pages. I Can't stop laughing/crying. Best thing ever. :D would love to read the 114 page one.... post soon?????/??

Laurie? Permission? And also, maybe it wouldn't be a great idea to try to post the whole thing here. Maybe we could make a Google document that everyone could access?

Laurie? Permission? And also, maybe it wouldn't be a great idea to try to post the whole thing here. Maybe we could make a Google document that everyone could access?

I agree with the document thing. Would we really be able to fit 114 pages of crack on here?

I saw someone had said something about these being similar to Fanfiction, which was a problem on the old boards, and the reason why I haven't posted any really in this thread. Its complicated, however, the moderators have no qualms with scenarios because in general Scenarios depict the band in comedic situations and lapses of judgment and do not depict ANY romantic/sexual situations and they are written in play-esque form. Fanfiction usually involves romantic situations and are disliked by the general population.

I've mentioned this is in the clarifications on sexualizing the band thread.

MyChemicalRomanceForum.com offers fanfiction posts, if you'd like a forum that allows it.

Scenarios were the life blood of the original MCRmy and lumping them with fanfiction is sickening as they are in good taste. I'll fight for this as part of the group that introduced scenarios to the MCRmy years ago. xD

well, THATS AN EASY ANSWER! THANKS! so now i got the main difference between fanfics and scenarios... I've wrote both, but never submitted any scenario.... I think the are pretty good and give a chance to the fans to have a good time dreaming with funny sutff about the guys, & I love fanfics too... Are like novels but with the perfect male protagonists...

And like it has been said. Lets no take it seriously. these are for fun.. Yeiiy!