Film Scores / Theme Tunes

ChemicalParanoia

I don't think there is a thread like this one, apologies if there is.

I watched Pirates 4 today, and was reminded of how much I love that theme tune.

It just epitomises pirates, whenever I listen to it I want to go and have a swordfight on a ship. With a bottle of rum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_C74ejc7aA&feature=related

But then, a film isn't alwxys about its theme tune.

One of my favourite film scores has to be this one off of Kick Ass:

It's just so.. immense.

It's perfect music for when you think the hero is down for the count, but then they get that extra reserve of strength from somewhere and come back to save the day.

It's one of those songs that makes you feel invincible.

So, gimmie your favourites, be they theme tunes or film scores.

EDIT: I've decided to include TV Theme Tunes as well.

'Cause there are some gems out there.

Like,

for example.

;)

i loved the score the chemical brothers composed for hannah. my favorites were "container park" and "the devil is in the details". i also like the pride and prejudice soundtrack, but that's just me being all nerdy and romantic.

i also thought the kick ass score was brilliant. i like the mika song in the credits.

Not "film" but these should count anyway

I love you for posting that.

I can't stand the wxy they have "re-vamped" the theme tune now.

It was so much better when they first re-made the show.

Okay, I'll might have to edit the first post to include TV as well. ;)

Because I know of a few theme tunes that I love.

This being one of them:

I'm a sucka for drums.

I'm a huge Ennio Morricone fan..the man has done everything from Fulci to Lyne.

cinema paradiso. he really is brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NevIuswgU6g&feature=related

also, les choristes, but that was composed by bruno coulais if i'm not mistaken.

awk woman is saying something about performance then she asks about the boy in the corner, really awesome guy replies that he's special. i don't speak french, no judgement.

zombieserenade- have you heard clint mansell's music for "moon?" especially the main theme. it's so creepy and sci-fi and wonderful.

i will always love hedwig's theme by john williams

but hans zimmer is the master. the pirates theme, of course, is awesome. i'm absolutely in love with the "inception" soundtrack, and the one for "the dark knight." the joker theme is perfect.

then there is zbigniew preisner, who did a lot of the music for krzysztof kieślowski's film (if anyone else has seen "trois couleurs?" those are amazing.) my favorite is the music for "la double vie de véronique."

but i love love love the music from the "inception" trailer, by zack hemsey. it's wonderful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJqicM6x84

and then for tv themes, dexter!

teen titans:

(sorry- too many media things D:)

i also love: the friends theme song, danny phantom, neon genesis: evangelion. and basically a ton of other cartoon ones (fairly oddparents, powerpuff girls, spongebob... i'm still a kid at heart.)

Lemme list mine:

''Lux Aeterna'' - Clint Mansell (Requiem for a Dream)

''Flesh and bone'' - Burning Brides (In fact the whole sound track for the movie ''Suck'' is AMAZING!)

''The Vegan''- Nigel Godrich (Scott Pilgrim vs. the world)

''Katayanagi Twins vs Sex Bob-Omb'' - Cornelius & Beck (Scott Pilgrim vs. the world)

''Threshold'' - Sex Bob-Omb (Scott Pilgrim vs. the world)

''Thou shalt not fall'' - G Tom Mac (The Lost Boys)

''People are strange'' - Echo and the Bunny Men (The lost boys)

''Tribe spirit''(instrumental version) - (The tribe tv show, takes me back to 1999! The days of the tribe!!)

The movie 127 hours has a brilliant soundtrack also.

There are lots more but these are at the fore front of my mind because i've been listening to them alot lately.

=)

TITANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: how can you not love that song

and i also love the pirates of the carribean soundtrack. i have it on my ipod (i'm cool i know) and whenever i listen to it i kinda feel like a pirate and have a desire to go find a desert island, grow a beard, find a ship and set sail into the horizon whilst drinking a bottle of rum. Or was that too far?

and i also love the pirates of the carribean soundtrack. i have it on my ipod (i'm cool i know) and whenever i listen to it i kinda feel like a pirate and have a desire to go find a desert island, grow a beard, find a ship and set sail into the horizon whilst drinking a bottle of rum. Or was that too far?

It just epitomises pirates, whenever I listen to it I want to go and have a swordfight on a ship. With a bottle of rum.

Oh, never too far. ;)

I found this remix, and I don't normally like remixed versions of songs.

But this one I just want to get up and dance to whenever I hear it.

Although it only starts getting good at 3:30. So skip to there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LDoLf-Q5lk

im sorry but the lord of the rings score is the best movie score EVER! you can listen to it when you want to get up in the morning and you can listen to bits when you want to go to sleep and you can listen to bits when your angry, sad, happy its the best freaking score ever!

but i also love the new moon score&sound track it is like the perfect combo! i love it also!

''Tribe spirit''(instrumental version) - (The tribe tv show, takes me back to 1999! The days of the tribe!!)

Oh my Gerard, you mentioned this show! =D I knew nothing else when I was 11. :wub: I love the entire soundtrack, but my favorite songs are Abe Messiah and Abadeo.

Other themes I like:

"Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare" (Shangri-La opening)

"Tsuki no Kaasu" (Loveless Opening)

The Quantum Leap theme

The MacGyver theme

My Sweet Heart (Tokyo Mew Mew opening)

Sakura Kiss (Ouran High School Host Club opening)

Battle on the Bridge (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Mew Ichigo no Theme and Mew Zakuro no Theme (Tokyo Mew Mew)

DANZEN! Futari wa Pretty Cure (guess XD)

And plenty of others, but I don't remember the nams of some of the songs. XD

Oh yes. To those who mentioned the LOTR score, it's absolutely timeless. But I have to say my favorite score(s) are the three Kingdom Hearts scores - for 1, 2, and birth by sleep. I'm past the point where I care if I sound like an ultra-nerd, I literally listen to those soundtracks on a weekly basis.

Oh my Gerard, you mentioned this show! =D I knew nothing else when I was 11. :wub: I love the entire soundtrack, but my favorite songs are Abe Messiah and Abadeo.

Other themes I like:

"Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare" (Shangri-La opening)

"Tsuki no Kaasu" (Loveless Opening)

The Quantum Leap theme

The MacGyver theme

My Sweet Heart (Tokyo Mew Mew opening)

Sakura Kiss (Ouran High School Host Club opening)

Battle on the Bridge (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Mew Ichigo no Theme and Mew Zakuro no Theme (Tokyo Mew Mew)

DANZEN! Futari wa Pretty Cure (guess XD)

And plenty of others, but I don't remember the nams of some of the songs. XD

Quantum leap and Mac Gyver both had pretty sweet theme tunes!

Keep the dream alive! Abe Messiah = LOVE.

Archived