Your Favourite Disney Songs

Sanity

I believe there's a Disney topic already, but I figured since this topic is strictly about the music, it'd be ok. I hope it's ok. =<

I have a deep love for Disney songs. Sometimes my sister & I will randomly burst into song and most of the time, it's a Disney song.

Here are some of my favourites:

"Not One Of Us" from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride.

"Listen With Your Heart" from Pocahontas

jkjshfulsehk I LOVE you for posting this. Disney is my life.

The one that means the most to me is Once Upon A Dream from Sleeping Beauty. That's what my chestpiece says, too. People say that Aurora doesn't do much, but the thing is, she's a dreamer, and she sees something better for herself, and she knows that by dreaming, she can find that one person who will love her more than anything.

My second favourite is 'A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes' from Cinderella. With all my emotional struggles, whenever I listen to this song, it just reminds me that I need to keep going. Especially 'no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, a dream that you wish will come true.'

Disney is so much more than just for kids, and in a world that's telling you that you may as well not dream, they're telling you that yes, keep that song in your heart, because you're meant for something better.

I have so many..ah..

Part Of Your World probably seems cliche, but it was my 'signature' song when I used to perform for recitals and shows. My first talent show in grade 1, I sang the reprise :)

But again...Ariel's so determined and strong, despite all the restrictions she has placed around her. The version Sierra Boggess did for the Broadway show never ever fails to make me cry.

Circle of Life-Lion King. This song is just. It makes me shiver. The Lion King is beyond amazing. I also sometimes raise my cats above my head and do the pride rock 'ahhhhhsoowhennnyababadeetcheebobo!!!!' thing. Because I'm weird.

Since I was a kid, A Whole New World has been one of them. Call m girly if you must, but I've always dreamed about singing this song with my first love. <3

I really can't decide on any of th Hunchback songs that well, but the two main contenders are Out There and Hellfire. Particularly Hellfire; that song is just badass, no contest.

These two on Mulan: I'll Make A Man Out Of You and True To Your Heart.

Finally, Colors Of The Wind, since I was little. That song always gives me a certain feeling...

No videos because my iPod refreses webpages if I leave them for more than five seconds, and I would have had to type this over. >_< Sorry.

Circle of Life-Lion King. This song is just. It makes me shiver. The Lion King is beyond amazing. I also sometimes raise my cats above my head and do the pride rock 'ahhhhhsoowhennnyababadeetcheebobo!!!!' thing. Because I'm weird.

I think all cat owners have done that at some point in their life.

I know I have. B)

The Circle of Life is one of my absolute favourites. If I only had to listen to one Disney song for the rest of my life, I would be content with that.

Has anyone seen this video?

He's actually amazing. It made my day when I saw this.

(Watch the villian as the other people are singing. :lol:)

That is very true! You're never too old for Disney :'D

Btw, did anyone else have some of these as kids? :D there was a story on the tape, and then a little book followed so that you could look at the pictures while the story was told :D

MCRlove483.jpg

But to stay on the topic: Here's another one I love :'D

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes and Circle of Life

which have already been posted

along with these:

I'll Make A Man Out Of You

Belle (Reprise)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeDPySP4nIw

This alone is proof she's the best of the classic Disney Princesses <3

And due to the 2-video-per-post limit, I'll just link my other favorites:

Beauty and the Beast (Tale as Old as Time)

He's A Tramp

One Jump Ahead

!!!!

I could listen to the songs on this thread aaaaaall day.

Btw, did anyone else have some of these as kids? :D there was a story on the tape, and then a little book followed so that you could look at the pictures while the story was told :D

I remember I bought one at a garage sale once...It was one of the "The Little Mermaid" ones & the package was unopened. Unfortunately, the tape didn't match the book...the tape label had the same title & information as the book, but the audio was for another book. =<

MORE SONGS!

"Be Prepared" from The Lion King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0AiN8vrn9Y

Ugh. I love the sound of Jeremy Irons's voice.

"Eye to Eye" from A Goofy Movie

Part Of Your World probably seems cliche, but it was my 'signature' song when I used to perform for recitals and shows. My first talent show in grade 1, I sang the reprise :)

But again...Ariel's so determined and strong, despite all the restrictions she has placed around her. The version Sierra Boggess did for the Broadway show never ever fails to make me cry.

Holy crap. That gave me the strongest case of the goosebumps I've ever had. Very powerful.

Aha! I'm allergic to cats, so I only did it with stuffed bears. Fun times. xD

I remember I bought one at a garage sale once...It was one of the "The Little Mermaid" ones & the package was unopened. Unfortunately, the tape didn't match the book...the tape label had the same title & information as the book, but the audio was for another book. =<

Weird that they didn't match o.o but still cool that you found one :') I used to have a lot of them :P

I just LOVE A Goofy Movie :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw5A1xf2w5Y&feature=related

Archived