Slender Man

Houses Of The Holy

It's so fascinating how this mythos was born. It's so creepy, but it also reminds me of the real life experiences of people who have met men in black or 'Indrid Cold' (if you believe in that sort of thing....I'm too creeped out by it to want to think about it much!)

I've never heard of this before, but it is definitely creepy.

I can't tell if it is supposed to be fictional, or if this is actually something people believe.

The art references are doctored, though -- and I assume everything else is, also. The "Hans Freckenberg" woodcuts are photoshoped versions of woodcuts by Hans Holbein.

edit: LOL, okay, it's just another creepypasta meme from the Something Awful forums.

Never mind me taking disproving it too seriously. XD

It's so fascinating how this mythos was born. It's so creepy, but it also reminds me of the real life experiences of people who have met men in black or 'Indrid Cold' (if you believe in that sort of thing....I'm too creeped out by it to want to think about it much!)

FUCK INDRID COLD, OKAY. SHIT'S SCARY.

But this is really interesting, I've never heard of this before. Thank you for sharing!

i never heard of him.until people were posting about him on tumblr with photos and stuff,Never knew what slender man was nor what was it.until now that i watched this.

I'm afraid of alot of things and now i'm afraid of it.i'm afraid of the dark,i'm such a pussy.

Now you'll get to read a little story of mine.

When i was in 8th grade and we were about to do our exams (cst's).Our teacher propossed that we could

come to school on saturday to study and review some stuff.we all agreed.

My teacher sent two of my friends to another room to pick up something.after 5 minutes they came somewhat scared.

they said that there was this man dressed in black suit,with a hat and black sunglasses on.standing next to a tree.(yup we had trees infront of our classrooms)

so they never went to the room.Me and another girl went to see if it was true,there was no one obviously i didn't believed a shit they said.

so when we got to our classroom our teacher began to tell us stories about that certain classroom,now that did scared the shit out of me.

plus if we think about it ,who the fuck would be at school grounds on a saturday and dressed that way?

And plus all the stories my teacher told us that had happened at that school made me be afraid of that school.

She was the best teacher i've ever had

that's kinda awesome and super fucking creepy at the same time. i have a morbid fascination with this kind of stuff. i dunno. i like to be scared. hello i am an adrenaline junkie. but back on the subject, in the video, it just the audio clip totally ruined it for me. hearing that, yah, well that's obviously fake. oh sadness. it does make me half glad that i share a room with my sister tho :P

Edit: doesn't he remind you kind of of jack skelington?

I love Slender Man.

The Marble Hornets series has been on-point recently; I'm really excited about the direction they're going in.

Has anyone checked out any of the other Slender Man series on YouTube (such as EverymanHYBRID and/or TribeTwelve)? I've watched a bit of both, and while Everyman has the most interesting backstory, I truly prefer TribeTwelve's angle.

slender-man-o.gif

• 1 year later...

So I was at a convention this weekend and someone dressed up as a slender man.

HE WAS RIGHT FREAKING BEHIND ME POKING AROUND MY CAT EARS.

I was like "what the hell?" and I turned around to see him. I didn't know what that guy was cosplaying until I heard someone next to me say slender man and I was like oh shit. haha

• 2 weeks later...

Archived