Mcr And Blink 182 Fan Interaction

SulfurSiren

Based on some things I've read Blink fans write on the HCT facebook page, I'm slightly concerned about what potential fan interactions may be like on the Honda Civic Tour. Some of the comments I've read seem to indicate that some Blink fans could care less about MCR and don't like them. I really hope that everyone is going to be respectful of both bands on the tour, but when you see sentiments like the ones below (which was on HCT fb) it makes me slightly concerned.

Mcr suckssss glad they aren't with the canadian part of the tour, got my tickets for calgary!!

Aw man MCR I would chose blink 182 and another band not MCR guess I ain't going this year

Why mcr? Is it 2005 again?

travis and tom are like: we hate my chemical romance...

Granted not everyone is saying this and there are fans that seem excited about the pairing, but it's worrisome that some people already feel so negatively about either group, which subsequently effects the fans and their response.

What do you guys think? Do you think this is going to go smoothly? Or do you think there might be potential issues? Please feel free to express your hopes or concerns about this.

Also, once the tour gets started, could rmy member let us know about their experiences?

I have tickets for two dates and just really want both groups of fans to respect each other and their musical taste.

When I saw Blink headlining Fall Out Boy and Panic At the Disco, a lot of the people saying they were Blink fans were complaining the whole time before Blink about the other bands and saying not nice things about everything. Once Blink came on, most of them were too drunk to even know they were playing. I saw a lot of people getting kicked out and once it was over trying to get out of there was a mess of accidents and drunk people doing stupid stuff. From my experience, I think its gonna suck, but I hope it won't.

I honestly never realized Blink had that much of a fanbase. I've always lumped them in with the other cookie cutter frat rock bands.

I wouldn't worry about it a whole lot. It's not like they are Slayer fans. When they were making the Download threats, those were a little worrysome.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but many of the Blink fans will probably be older than the majority of MCR fans, and that poses a bullying issue. It probably won't be calm and peaceful(and by that I mean a lot of MCR fans won't know how to react to Blink fans, a lot of Blink fans won't know how to react to MCR fans), and I really, really hope that there's no booing on either side, but it's probably going to be a little rough around the pit area especially.

That being said, Blink has a pretty large fanbase (they were extremely popular here when I was in middle school. Extremely.) Both fan bases have incredibly passionate fans, so hopefully we can all co-exist without any disturbance.

damn. this sucks. i mean i hope people won't be too hard headed about it all. i dunno why they say shit stuff about mcr, cause it's all just music. from my experience with the blink fans that i know, they're not all bad, so i hope that people will be a bit more receptive to the idea the closer we get to the tour. hoping, wishing, wanting. i already spend half my life hiding from people who don't like mcr. i don't want to find those same people at one of their concerts cause it'll be kinda like having your happy place being stormed and showered with tear gas.

I attended a Blink show that Fall Out Boy and Asher Roth played, and as far as I was able to tell, the audience mixed decently enough.

Granted, I had a seat at this show, and I was no where near the pit, but I didn't see anything violent occur is all that I mean.

There may be some friction between certain Blink fans and certain MCR fans, but I don't think it's going to be too bad.

I honestly never realized Blink had that much of a fanbase.

I was always of this opinion too! I haven't heard much about them since I was in middle school or high school a little ways back. So I was pretty surprised that they had the kind of fanbase they apparently do and that they are big enough they got to play after MCR. I've

I was actually just thinking about this. I'm a bit concerned too. I don't have the greatest feeling about Blink fans (in general)...hopefully everything will be fine.

I'm glad I was able to get us all thinking about it together and really hope it goes well :D

I'm a little freaked out..I probably saw more comments on FB with Blink fans hating MCR fans rather than praising Blink. With most things, it seems like the MCRmy has a lot more respect, which i think is considerably respectable for our fan base being considerably younger. Now thinking about it though, I'm a little scared, because I got tickets for the pit in Chicago (Tinley Park) and I'm a slightly smaller 15 year old. I'm crossing my fingers that the people in the pit won't be drunk and angry, or drunk and feely. Hopefully just drunk and goofy...or not drunk at all..and still nice...

Ive listened to Blink longer than I have MCR because they've been around my entire life, and I like them a lot, but I love MCR a lot more and in a completely different way.

This girl on my facebook posted this status about not going to the tour because of MCR and how she hates their fans and internally I was like, oh god what is going to happen. I'm just going to go with a peaceful attitude see what happens, and not let other people ruin it for me.

I'm a little freaked out..I probably saw more comments on FB with Blink fans hating MCR fans rather than praising Blink. With most things, it seems like the MCRmy has a lot more respect, which i think is considerably respectable for our fan base being considerably younger. Now thinking about it though, I'm a little scared, because I got tickets for the pit in Chicago (Tinley Park) and I'm a slightly smaller 15 year old. I'm crossing my fingers that the people in the pit won't be drunk and angry, or drunk and feely. Hopefully just drunk and goofy...or not drunk at all..and still nice...

I'm not sure we have enough of a sense to their fanbase to comment on their level of respect for other bands and their fans, but if we respect them hopefully they'll do the same. It makes me feel alot better that other rmy members have been slightly concerned about this as well :) I thought maybe I was just getting worried over nothing

I also got a pit ticket and think that the pit could be a very interesting mix of people, since it's hard to know how many killjoys bought pit tickets versus Blink fans. The date I'm seeing them in the pit I'm planning on leaving after MCR, since I have to drive to the next date and it's a four hour/ 4.5 hour drive! I plan on camping out a solid 24 hours for it though, since I really want to be in the front. I bet I'll make whatever fans are behind me happy, since they'll get to be in the front for Blink

myself being a fan of both I'm stuck in the middle. I've been seeing the same thing as all of you and it's kinda like ...uhhh.When i was at blink 182 last time i saw a few people with MCR Shirts so it was cool. I've only saw a few MCR fans get mad about them touring with Blink.

Myself i screamed as loud as I could. I was excited. Of Course I've liked blink longer then MCR since well... they've been around longer and i remember listening to them in the 90's lmfao

But they are two of my favorite bands and i'm excited for the Tour.

Some Blink Fans are just rude and who cares if their favorite band is playing they should enjoy the show even if they have to sit though bands they don't like or care for.... Most of the time I don't really like opening bands but I nod my head and pretend i like them not get all butthurt about it.

I was always of this opinion too! I haven't heard much about them since I was in middle school or high school a little ways back. So I was pretty surprised that they had the kind of fanbase they apparently do and that they are big enough they got to play after MCR.

I graduated in '99 and remember them being on the radio a lot back then, but I really haven't heard anything of them since. Personally I think it's an odd pairing and I don't plan to stay around for Blink. My music tastes are pretty varied, but I don't do frat rock. I also don't get how they have top billing, but whatever. That's just one less band I have to wait through to see who I want. :)

I'm not sure we have enough of a sense to their fanbase to comment on their level of respect for other bands and their fans, but if we respect them hopefully they'll do the same. It makes me feel alot better that other rmy members have been slightly concerned about this as well :) I thought maybe I was just getting worried over nothing

I also got a pit ticket and think that the pit could be a very interesting mix of people, since it's hard to know how many killjoys bought pit tickets versus Blink fans. The date I'm seeing them in the pit I'm planning on leaving after MCR, since I have to drive to the next date and it's a four hour/ 4.5 hour drive! I plan on camping out a solid 24 hours for it though, since I really want to be in the front. I bet I'll make whatever fans are behind me happy, since they'll get to be in the front for Blink

Hahahahaha! In a way, I'm hoping that we'll have a mutual understanding for each other, and maybe some bigger Blink fans will give My Chem fans some time in the front during their part of the show, and vice versa, considering I like both bands, but I'm a diehard MCR fan, and I haven't been listening or into Blink-182 for TOO long. And jeez! the camping sounds awesome! But due to my age no way i'd be able to do that :( Hope you get to the front! Hah, I wish I could see some kind of Blink-182/MCR fan ratio as well, just to get an idea. I suppose it'll all play out once i get there. :)

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but many of the Blink fans will probably be older than the majority of MCR fans, and that poses a bullying issue. It probably won't be calm and peaceful(and by that I mean a lot of MCR fans won't know how to react to Blink fans, a lot of Blink fans won't know how to react to MCR fans), and I really, really hope that there's no booing on either side, but it's probably going to be a little rough around the pit area especially.

That being said, Blink has a pretty large fanbase (they were extremely popular here when I was in middle school. Extremely.) Both fan bases have incredibly passionate fans, so hopefully we can all co-exist without any disturbance.

My thoughts exactly.

I graduated in '99 and remember them being on the radio a lot back then, but I really haven't heard anything of them since. Personally I think it's an odd pairing and I don't plan to stay around for Blink.

I remember them being on the radio alot then too, like early 2000s as well. I'm not super familiar with them though and have never met a hardcore Blink fan. I wouldn't know what one would look like if I saw one truth be told, since the only people I knew who liked Blink were young kids at the time who thought they were really cool and slightly rebellious in a Good Charlotte kind of way :P So it's hard to know what to expect at this point.

If I wasn't seeing them two days in a row, I think it would be more likely that I would stay to see Blink, but because I have to drive back and I'd like to increase my chances I could meet some of the boys in person, it makes most sense to skip Blink atleast on that first date

I remember them being on the radio alot then too, like early 2000s as well. I'm not super familiar with them though and have never met a hardcore Blink fan. I wouldn't know what one would look like if I saw one truth be told, since the only people I knew who liked Blink were young kids at the time who thought they were really cool and slightly rebellious in a Good Charlotte kind of way :P So it's hard to know what to expect at this point.

If I wasn't seeing them two days in a row, I think it would be more likely that I would stay to see Blink, but because I have to drive back and I'd like to increase my chances I could meet some of the boys in person, it makes most sense to skip Blink atleast on that first date

When you say that, does that mean you know for sure that MCR is going to be performing BEFORE Blink?

Because that was a burning question of mine :)

When you say that, does that mean you know for sure that MCR is going to be performing BEFORE Blink?

That's what most rmy members have said. In all the HCT info, they always place Blink before MCR and even though it pains me to say it, I think there is no way MCR will perform last :(

myself being a fan of both I'm stuck in the middle. I've been seeing the same thing as all of you and it's kinda like ...uhhh.When i was at blink 182 last time i saw a few people with MCR Shirts so it was cool. I've only saw a few MCR fans get mad about them touring with Blink.

Hm, I guess there's always the few who like both of these amazing bands.. myself being one.

(Though I love MyChem a bit more than Blink).

I'm really hoping that people get along, but being the pessimist I am, I don't think they'll mesh well.

Not to be an asshole, but Blink fans consist of mainly aging, obnoxious, frat boys..

Blink gets top billing in all the advertisements. The DSM show has lots of references to Blink, but no links to MCR's website. If you click on the buy tickets link, it specifically calls it Blink's show.

http://www.iowaeventscenter.com/shared/event_detail.aspx?EventID=65845521&WebLink=4CF.1C2E4C8F&xml_path=undefined

Honestly, much of the reason anyone cared when they got back together was because the drummer was one of 2 survivors of that horrific plane crash in 2008. Had that not just happened, I doubt many people would have remembered who they were. The band cashed in on it by getting back together within months of the crash.

Honestly, much of the reason anyone cared when they got back together was because the drummer was one of 2 survivors of that horrific plane crash in 2008. Had that not just happened, I doubt many people would have remembered who they were. The band cashed in on it by getting back together within months of the crash.

This is the most ignorant thing I have heard. Even before that crash the band was constantly getting hounded for a reunion. Any time there was even a rumor of one tons of people would go bat shit. The fan base was there well before the crash. They have been around a long time and gained quite a lot of mainstream success for a band of their kind. On top of that, Travis had been getting a lot of attention from the press before the crash because of the reality show he had with his wife becoming quite popular. People didn't hear of them and suddenly start liking them or become interested in them because of the accident. People would have been excited and cared about a reunion without the crash.

What an awful, stupid thing to say.

well, because nobody is sure how anybody is going to react, i think it'd probably be a good idea to, instead of going in full of suspicion and doubt about the blink fans, we should go in with an open mind, ready to have fun. i'm not trying to sound like a hard ass, but no matter how people treat you, always try to respond politely and if you can, friendly and nice. hopefully if we can set and example and show that we don't want to be a bother, then they'll act the same.

Archived