Welsh Band Appreciation Thread

nightmare_child

Personally i like Funeral For A Freind, Lostprophets and The Blackout the best but who are yours? And yes, they do have to be welsh

EDIT-If you feel the need to complain about welsh bands then please dion't do it here, go make your own welsh band unappreciation thread

another EDIT-im dedicating this thread to killerwerebunny <_<

• 7 months later...

hahaha, I'm so glad this thread exists - best bands come from wales...

Bullet For My Valentine,Skindred, Kids In Glass Houses, Lostprophets, Boys With X-Ray Eyes, Save Your Breath

and my all-time favourites - THE BLACKOUT

seen The Blackout about 5 times, and they never fail to impress me.

I got to see MCR because of these boys both times so i really do owe them and their management a hell of alot...

:blink: how did you get that??? i want one! i've seen them 4 times and they're always great

well, a mate of mine has been going to see them for years - road-tripping, being down the front, chatting to them after shows for literally years, like, the kind of years that means "before We Are The Dynamite came out" :P

I don't want to be all "errr we get privileges" because that's not what it's about - a few months ago we turned up to see them on headline tour and comp tickets hadn't been sorted, but we paid to get in anyway - I don't think they'd got the text or something - and I'm glad we did rather than just being all "well if we can't get in free we won't come at all". but yeah, it's a case of they're good to my friend because they know she's not just in it for the ride, she's always respectful of the band (as any fan should be) and would never be pushy about anything. The guys in The Blackout don't know me specifically. they know me by association, and wouldn't see me at a gig and be all "ahhh come backstage with us!".

I kind of feel bad posting pics of those tickets :/ sorry, I probably seemed really arrogant posting that...

I saw them...

05.10.91 - Huddersfield Uni

19.02.11 - Nottingham Trent Arena(with MCR)

27.08.11 - Leeds Fest (Day 2 - with MCR)

30.10.11 - Hull Uni

01.11.11 - Lincoln Engine Shed

how about you? when did you see them? :)

I kind of feel bad posting pics of those tickets :/ sorry, I probably seemed really arrogant posting that...

I saw them...

05.10.91 - Huddersfield Uni

19.02.11 - Nottingham Trent Arena(with MCR)

27.08.11 - Leeds Fest (Day 2 - with MCR)

30.10.11 - Hull Uni

01.11.11 - Lincoln Engine Shed

how about you? when did you see them? :)

aww no you don't seem arrogant. I'm just an obsessive fan thats all :P

and yeh i saw them at:

22/02/11 w/MCR-i did probably one of the most fangirly screams ever when saw they were supporting

27/08/11-leeds fest, just had tickets for that day though

05/11/11-manchester

28/12/11-coventry-my uncle got me tickets for that for xmas and gave them to me the day of the gig about 5 hours before it started. Best present ever. Oh, and then he bought me a signed drumskin which is now hanging on my wall surrounded by blackout pictures :D

aww no you don't seem arrogant. I'm just an obsessive fan thats all :P

and yeh i saw them at:

22/02/11 w/MCR-i did probably one of the most fangirly screams ever when saw they were supporting

27/08/11-leeds fest, just had tickets for that day though

05/11/11-manchester

28/12/11-coventry-my uncle got me tickets for that for xmas and gave them to me the day of the gig about 5 hours before it started. Best present ever. Oh, and then he bought me a signed drumskin which is now hanging on my wall surrounded by blackout pictures :D

ahh thank you, well I sort of am an obsesser too, which makes it really hard to not just jump in and rave on about how decent they are as people and all the lovely things they do, particularly when I see them getting hated on. I'm quite laid back when people try to piss on MCR's reputation because I've obviously not met them (we can but dream :P) and to be honest, they're beyond alot of criticism now, but i get real worked up about it with The Blackout because they're so easily misunderstood.

haha I gotta admit, when I got the call saying - "my friend's bailed on me, do you wanna come to Leeds for the saturday" I was literally getting dizzy and out of breath when I was asking my mum if I could go, I was properly all over the place! I too only had the day ticket, but it s without a shadow of a doubt the best gig I've ever had the pleasure to attend - the whole day was awesome! despite the wonderful english weather :P who did you go and see at Leeds? We stayed mainstage and in the Guest Area so I didn't actually see much of the festival as a whole - did you catch any other bands or did you just camp out for TBO and MCR? haha :P

ahhh your uncle sounds lush! I did see those skins on=sale, but I didn't have the money for that kind of stuff - I'm a shirts gal :D I got one of those "FUCK THE BLACKOUT" shirt signed in Huddersfield when I 1st saw them, which I was real nervous about asking for - I think they all had colds and they'd finished recrding so they were all pretty knackered, plus the show had been really badly publiscised so the turn-out had been quite disappointing and didn't want to piss them off by bounding up with a shirt for them to sign like "HIYAA!!" haha

this is the shirt in my room last year, can't really see it too well and it's at home now so I can't get a good pic of it atm...

just seen this - http://www.rocksound.tv/photos/article/live-and-loud-the-blackout-in-a-boozer

Sean and his bogeys... niiiice...

did you catch any other bands or did you just camp out for TBO and MCR? haha :P

i just stayed at the main stage all day mainly for the blackout, rise against, 30STM and MCR although there weren't any bands on that stage that day that were bad so i didn't really see any of the other stages except for when we went to see henry rollins in one of the tent things

oh and i only got the drumskin cos i already had the tour tshirt with the dates from the hope tour in november and they were selling the same one in coventry. Although i got one of the your'e not alone wristbands which i was seriously regretting not buying at manchester which has only left my wrist at school (when it was confisgated <_< ), in the shower and when i'm sleeping :P

Archived