Dear Mr Potter- Mcr Style!

mistressofravenkroft

So, who's heard of Dear Mr Potter. If you don't like Harry Potter, hear me out, and keep reading

DMP is a site where people say thank you to harry potter, and say how HP has helped them through life.

So what if we made a Tumblr, where we write letters to MCR, and say thank you, and explain our story, how we discovered them, how MCR helped us, how much they mean to us, etc.

I need like 3-8 people to help me post all the letters, filter out the crappy ones, etc. And I need someone (or several someones) to design the Tumblr theme. Who's good with HTML? Because I'm not. And I need help with a logo design too.

This is Dear Mr Potter: http://www.dearmrpotter.org/ You can read through quickly to get a sense of what I'm talking about.

So who's up? Can people just reply, saying they'd like to help or whatever, just so I can get a sense of who likes the idea?

I'm doing it on Tumblr. And on there, people can post their letters, then I just sort of do this thing where their posts/letters get published. Idk how to explain it. But it works. Trust me. I'm already doing something like this for something else. This is the thing I'm doingg with some other people: http://dearhankandjohn.tumblr.com/ . Even if you don't know who Hank and John are, you can read through it and stuff ^_^

It's a wonderful idea but I don't have a tumblr :(

You don't need a Tumblr. We just make one Tumblr that people post letters to. I don't have a personal Tumblr or anything like that ^_^

It's so awesome that people like the idea :D If any of you know someone who knows how to do Tumblr themes...?

Also, we need to decide a name for it. "Dear My Chemical Romance"? Any other ideas for the site name?

It's so awesome that people like the idea :D If any of you know someone who knows how to do Tumblr themes...?

Also, we need to decide a name for it. "Dear My Chemical Romance"? Any other ideas for the site name?

I also can't do design or tumblr themes. I'm a little hesitant to agree to help admin it, since I'm in grad school and usually am quite busy and on the run. I do promise to definitely look at the site when it's up :) I like Dear MCR, but think we might be able to do something else with a little more pizazz. I'll have to think about it some more...

This sounds like an amazing idea! I'd be happy to help, if you want.

And maybe you could call it My Grateful Romance or My Chemical Gratitude or something!

Yesssss! i like both of them. Maybe My Grateful Romance. It makes me think of the end in the I'm Not Okay music vid. where it says 'my watercolour romance/my harlequin romance' etc.

Our Chemical Romance is alright, but doesn't seem related to whatever we're doing

We have enough admins now, I think. Now we just need someone who can do Tumblrs x(

Like, create them? I may be of some use for that.

And yeah, it does sorta remind me of the ending of I'm Not Okay now that I think about it!

Oh, and after there is a sufficient amount of letters and thank you posts and such, I highly suggest spamming mcr's twitter with links, and asking others to help as well!

Like, create them? I may be of some use for that.

And yeah, it does sorta remind me of the ending of I'm Not Okay now that I think about it!

Oh, and after there is a sufficient amount of letters and thank you posts and such, I highly suggest spamming mcr's twitter with links, and asking others to help as well!

Yeah, it's with HTML. Do you know how to do that?

Yeah, once it's up and running, we can spam everything and everyone. Like making blog posts about it on the MCR site

Yeah, it's with HTML. Do you know how to do that?

Yeah, once it's up and running, we can spam everything and everyone. Like making blog posts about it on the MCR site

Well, I have a tumblr, but unfortunately I can't actually do anything fancy on it. Just the usual stuff.

So:

My Chemical Letter

Dear My Chemical Romance

Other ideas?

What about something like My _*insert adjective*_ Romance. Something to do with being thankful or something? My Thankful Romance? Or something else

What about, like, "Dear Mr. MCR" Or something. It sounds really funny... but on the other one it's Dear Mr. Potter, but MCR is four people so why not just MCR?

You're tumblr is cool though xD You can do it or something if you like

So we need to finalise the name. My Grateful Romance is my favourite so far

Thank you ^_^

I'm glad you like them! (the tumblr and the name)

Idc though, any name is fine to me.

I think to get it started, before making the tumblr or any kind of site, we should collect MCR stories and such to put on it so it doesnt have to be empty from the start, as well as put some of our own (if you want)

Archived