Cincinnati, OH - August 21

PoisonAndFire

Welcome to the thread for the August 21 stop of the 2011 Honda Civic Tour at Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati!

Killjoys: MOTHERFUCKIN' ROLL CALL-- Who's going to be there?!

http://www.mychemicalromance.com/tour/2011/08/21

--

Sidenote:

It's going to be very interesting seeing MCR at the same place I see Warped Tour every year. Haha!

Also, I wonder if MCR will end up at the waterpark next door? xD!

Welcome to the thread for the August 21 stop of the 2011 Honda Civic Tour at Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati!

Killjoys: MOTHERFUCKIN' ROLL CALL-- Who's going to be there?!

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make this one (since I'm doing Indy and Detroit), but I have two friends from my last MCR show who are planning on being there, so I'll definitely keep them up to date on any plans for a killjoy meet up/ etc. I met them camping out at an MCR show in April and they are awesome but unfortunately not on the MCRmy site :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Group! I am new here but found this place while doing a search on if I would look like a damn fool if I went to the concert in a KillJoy costume! I am 30 and probably too old to play dress up but it's fun and I am justifying it by the guys all being older than me. I'll be at this concert and cannot wait!

FUCK IT. Dress up! :)

I was just informed by my friend who works at Riverbend that they will most likely open both gates. The front one and the one by Coney Island. She said the one to the side by Coney Island is nearly almost less crowded. So, keep that in mind. I don't really know how doors work at amphitheater shows, but she told me both gates open.

This is insane.. when I got my tix, the best available were Row T. For some stupid reason I look tonight and there are a shit ton of seats as close as Row F! Really, 6 rows from the stage are available the night before?

This sucks eggs. If MCR was headlining I would buy the row 6 tix and eat the cost of my tix 20 rows back but since the HCT seems to revolve around Blink getting the longer set, I wont do it. This just makes me a little sad.

Their set was good, but I wish they played at least one song from Bullets. They only played I'm Not Okay and Helena from Revenge. The rest of the set-list was from Danger Days. While, I don't MIND Danger Days, I'm a fan of their original stuff. :( Oh well, they were fabulous from what I could hear from the lawn. It was literally like a hippy sing-sing along up in that bitch. This venue's pit SUCKS, and it doesn't elevate very well at all. Well, I had planned on getting PIT but the tickets ended up being counterfeit, and I had to go with lawn. I'm super pissed. Don't purchase from brokers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently they were edited, which used to work, but the venues got smarter than the broker and he didn't catch on. I thought FOR SURE these tickets I had were legitimate.

The only things that made this concert worth going to (due to my view) was how "united" the crowd seemed to be and the LIVE music. I felt like instead of the concert I was just uniting with a bunch of fans who were paying "tribute". It was an odd experience.

The girl next to me though said she had the GREATEST time of your life. I guess when you're not used to being up front for almost every show you go to (not even just MCR) then it doesn't make that much of a difference. She took pictures with us, and said she will remember this moment forever. Unfortunately she was diagnosed with terminal cancer and has nine months to live. That's super sad. :( I'm glad I could share such a sacred moment with people who truly feel like this is fucking everything to them. EVERYTHING. It's an entirely different experience entirely. It made me change how I felt about my fake ass tickets.

Once Blink 182 came on all the meat heads came out to play. It was super fucking annoying and sometimes hard to enjoy the show, but it was withstand-able.

I hope everybody had a great time!!!!

** ALSO ** unless you have actual pit tickets for this venue and you actually want to see the show, DON'T GO HERE. The lawn doesn't slop enough so you see NOTHING. I was front row in the lawn, I saw nothing. My friends had seats and said they also didn't slop well enough and could hardly see past everyone that was in front of them.

Their set was good, but I wish they played at least one song from Bullets. They only played I'm Not Okay and Helena from Revenge. The rest of the set-list was from Danger Days. While, I don't MIND Danger Days, I'm a fan of their original stuff. :( Oh well, they were fabulous from what I could hear from the lawn. It was literally like a hippy sing-sing along up in that bitch. This venue's pit SUCKS, and it doesn't elevate very well at all. Well, I had planned on getting PIT but the tickets ended up being counterfeit, and I had to go with lawn. I'm super pissed. Don't purchase from brokers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently they were edited, which used to work, but the venues got smarter than the broker and he didn't catch on. I thought FOR SURE these tickets I had were legitimate.

The only things that made this concert worth going to (due to my view) was how "united" the crowd seemed to be and the LIVE music. I felt like instead of the concert I was just uniting with a bunch of fans who were paying "tribute". It was an odd experience.

The girl next to me though said she had the GREATEST time of your life. I guess when you're not used to being up front for almost every show you go to (not even just MCR) then it doesn't make that much of a difference. She took pictures with us, and said she will remember this moment forever. Unfortunately she was diagnosed with terminal cancer and has nine months to live. That's super sad. :( I'm glad I could share such a sacred moment with people who truly feel like this is fucking everything to them. EVERYTHING. It's an entirely different experience entirely. It made me change how I felt about my fake ass tickets.

Once Blink 182 came on all the meat heads came out to play. It was super fucking annoying and sometimes hard to enjoy the show, but it was withstand-able.

I hope everybody had a great time!!!!

** ALSO ** unless you have actual pit tickets for this venue and you actually want to see the show, DON'T GO HERE. The lawn doesn't slop enough so you see NOTHING. I was front row in the lawn, I saw nothing. My friends had seats and said they also didn't slop well enough and could hardly see past everyone that was in front of them.

I totally agree about some of the blink-182 fans being meat heads. I had seat tickets, and I was surrounded by drunken blink-182 fans, half of which spent some of the time making fun of MCR. My seats were pretty sucky, I wasn't able to get pit tickets and I'm usually always in the front of the pit at an MCR show, so this wasn't my favorite concert, but of course it was MCR so that made it worthwhile.

This is insane.. when I got my tix, the best available were Row T. For some stupid reason I look tonight and there are a shit ton of seats as close as Row F! Really, 6 rows from the stage are available the night before?

This sucks eggs. If MCR was headlining I would buy the row 6 tix and eat the cost of my tix 20 rows back but since the HCT seems to revolve around Blink getting the longer set, I wont do it. This just makes me a little sad.

Also, I was thinking the SAME exact thing. I was all the way back in section 900! and it was supposedly "best available" which I bought right when the pre-sale started. laaaaaaaaaaaame.

Archived