You Know You're An Mcr Fan When...

playgroundeyes

you go to your therapist and start crying when MCR is brought up

yeah... that happened to me today.

it got me wondering who else out there has done obsessive/ embarassing things in the name of MCR

or if you're not a weirdo like me.. tell what being a diehard fan means to you! have you camped out for days? spent crazy moolah on tickets to see them live?

cmon don't be shy! ;)

My experience perhaps would not be a match to any of your experiences y'guys, but because of My Chemical Romance and my *quotes* super fandom for them, I was almost called to the guidance office for counseling! :unsure:

The story goes like this: I did not go to school because I went to My Chemical Romance's first concert here in the Philippines. Being absent for no valid reason is a No-No in our school, especially since I was graduating at that time. My adviser found out, and she would not have my class card released. She even asked me to write an explanatory letter and in that letter, I wrote: I am sorry for being absent by MCR is a band that I love and I would never let the chance of seeing them pass. The teacher forgave me though. END OF STORY. :D

whenever i see an afro or red hair, i think they are back XD

my sister sits in science muttering on about

"ray-diagrams"

im sure there was something to do with space with way in it,

but she just sits and mutters about mcr and signs, shes a funny one.

our hamsters are called Toro and Frankie,

kinda stalkerish?

When you spend money on trying to collect all of their merch - even though you never wear band apparel or any accessories - and are now stuck with a whole drawer of shirts that have never been worn and will never ever be worn.

Oh the things I did when I was 14. <_<

My experience perhaps would not be a match to any of your experiences y'guys, but because of My Chemical Romance and my *quotes* super fandom for them, I was almost called to the guidance office for counseling! :unsure:

The story goes like this: I did not go to school because I went to My Chemical Romance's first concert here in the Philippines. Being absent for no valid reason is a No-No in our school, especially since I was graduating at that time. My adviser found out, and she would not have my class card released. She even asked me to write an explanatory letter and in that letter, I wrote: I am sorry for being absent by MCR is a band that I love and I would never let the chance of seeing them pass. The teacher forgave me though. END OF STORY. :D

Wow. You saw them live when they went here?. I didn't have the guts to do that even though my school had less stricter rules. Plus, I was from the province, no one would accompany me and I had no friends who liked MCR or were willing to spend money on tickets... What was I supposed to do?! Haha. I remember, I cried in my bedroom till I fell asleep. I hope they come here again.

Out of curiosity, what did the therapist say? :rolleyes:

after I explained to her why I was crying over it, she said she thought it was actually kind of beautiful... and that made me cry even harder! hahaha good grief i'm such a dweeb! :P I was telling her about the bands message, you know, about loving yourself and loving others. and also that quote of Gerard telling us girls that we're all beautiful. Even about this deep connection I have with the band. I literally feel like I've grown with them.

I got into them when I was an angsty teen and back then their music was much darker. Now look at where they are today! They're all so full of positivity, love and acceptance and when Gee says things in his lyrics like "if my velocity starts to make you sweat then just don't let go" and "keep running!" it feels as if he's pushing me and telling me like hey look, keep coming along for the ride and you'll have this too!!

Sorry, I know you didn't ask for all that but I just wanted to share :)

I'm so happy you did that! Seeing MCR live is totally worth missing school!! I hope you had a really great time :)

after I explained to her why I was crying over it, she said she thought it was actually kind of beautiful... and that made me cry even harder! hahaha good grief i'm such a dweeb! :P I was telling her about the bands message, you know, about loving yourself and loving others. and also that quote of Gerard telling us girls that we're all beautiful. Even about this deep connection I have with the band. I literally feel like I've grown with them.

I got into them when I was an angsty teen and back then their music was much darker. Now look at where they are today! They're all so full of positivity, love and acceptance and when Gee says things in his lyrics like "if my velocity starts to make you sweat then just don't let go" and "keep running!" it feels as if he's pushing me and telling me like hey look, keep coming along for the ride and you'll have this too!!

Thats really sweet XD

Wow. You saw them live when they went here?. I didn't have the guts to do that even though my school had less stricter rules. Plus, I was from the province, no one would accompany me and I had no friends who liked MCR or were willing to spend money on tickets... What was I supposed to do?! Haha. I remember, I cried in my bedroom till I fell asleep. I hope they come here again.

Oh. Too bad for you. :mellow: The lucky thing for me is my best friend is as addicted to MCR as I was so she lent me money just so we could both sit on the Silver portion of the concert grounds. But I hope you get to see them the next time they visit us here (and let us both hope it happens soon!) :lol:

No, no, it's absolutely okay. Your experience with the therapist was in fact inspiring. You are so right, MCR has evolved with vibrant spirits and optimism, just like how they would want us to be. Goodbye to EMO crap - - I'm telling you. ;) And thanks for sharing your experience with me.

That's so cool!

My diehard fandom hasn't even begun to get warmed up yet, lol. So far all I've done is spent HUNDREDS of dollars on merch, and postponed a huge move from the Pacific Northwest to Los Angeles that advances my career all because of the Portland concert, lol.

I'm loving the idea of naming hamsters after the band members, though. I'm planning on getting one when I finally get to LA, so I might steal your idea ;)

Oh. Too bad for you. :mellow: The lucky thing for me is my best friend is as addicted to MCR as I was so she lent me money just so we could both sit on the Silver portion of the concert grounds. But I hope you get to see them the next time they visit us here (and let us both hope it happens soon!) :lol:

Good thing I'm in Manila now. So the next time they come here, I'll go even if it means going alone, commuting alone, getting lost alone, and looking like an idiot alone. *brave* Because when I get to the concert, I'd be cheering with everyone and I would have a rockin' good time.

Good thing I'm in Manila now. So the next time they come here, I'll go even if it means going alone, commuting alone, getting lost alone, and looking like an idiot alone. *brave* Because when I get to the concert, I'd be cheering with everyone and I would have a rockin' good time.

Once you go to a My Chemical Romance concert, you will never be alone. A bunch of MCRmy killjoys will be there for you, perhaps even me. And you know how we are in the MCRmy . . . we look out for each other. :rolleyes:

Archived