Umbrella Academy's 2012 Release Date Looking Less And Less Likely.

hazelandchacha

We have zero news on the TUA movie, and while imdb lists the release date as 2012, I doubt that is truly the case. Especially since other 2012 movies are currently in the process of filming, with actors listed and even have some publicity photos (The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man, Monsters University etc.)

I'm more interested on the finished product whether or not they release it in 2012. I'm just blown away that the Umbrella Academy is going to become a movie. I think that's awesome... :)

Once again we agree Rainbow Glory! It will happen when it happens and hopefully Gerard and Gabriel are happy with the finished project :)

Hey, at least we all know that there are set prices for movie theatres so we aren't on the edge of our seat! XD haha

haha :lol: in comparison, it's a much lower priority on my list in comparison to getting honda civic tickets, since they are much easier to come by. Don't get me wrong though, I'm really excited about this, but it will happen when it happens ;)

• 1 month later...

With the amount of special effects required, with no casting yet, possibly no script, and no word whether Alfonso Cuaron is still attached (I will be so sad if he isn't, but he's currently filming Gravity), there is no possible way it's coming out next year unless they trim it down to a rushed, super-low-budget, no-effects joke of a movie, which I don't think anyone wants.

Whenever it comes out, I can't freaking wait to see it. I can already see myself in the front row at the movie theater squeeling and drooling over it, and choking on my popcorn. :D

if it dose come out I do what every harry potter fan dose and dress up to see it

I hope they wait till where they can do everything just right so that it is perfect. I don't think Gerard would want his movie to be something that everyone will think is trash. So if it doesn't come out next year oh well because we want it to be done right.

I don't know if it's because of Watchmen or being obsessed with SuckerPunch but I think it would be kinda cool if they got Zack Snyder to direct this one...

I don't know if you all think the same but I guess it's not up to me...

Didn't he also direct the Desolation Row music video? :)

It'd be awesome if Gerard did a voiceover

great idea!

Alfonso Cuaron was supposed to be directing?

I hadn't heard this and hope he continues on with the project, he would be a great choice

I think it would be kinda cool if they got Zack Snyder to direct this one...

I think Snyder would also be a really good choice :D

Archived