How Does One Get M&g For A Concert?

awkwardlylauren

Luck. That's how you get a M&G. lol

I wouldn't count on getting a M&G this late in the game, but you can always try waiting for them outside their tour bus and you might get lucky and someone will come out afterwords? Other than that, the MCRmy/MCR/WB/ect. isnt giving any out unless you got the Tour Reporter gig. Try listening/looking up your local rock alternative stations and see if they're doing any contests for the show.

Enjoy your show! :)

One way to get passes is if they band allows for them through their PR rep.

But not all bands, do this.

meet and greets are offered by the band, usually through a contest or given to you if the manager likes you

however, there are unethical ways...

always unethical ways..but let's not get into that.

Yes, typically the only way to get a meet & greet is through contests.

However, there is the chance of meeting some of the band if you wait around after the show. While it doesn't guarantee you get to meet all or any of the band members, meeting them out by the bus is much more relaxed and less formal than a M&G

These threads should help you with what you need to know, and you can ask any further questions there:

Meeting MCR

Meeting The Band?

Entitlement Issues

Any ideas for the Honda Civic Tour??

The Honda Civic Tour will function like a normal tour, not a festival. Radio stations and online contests will offer meet and greet passes for the bands, or you can try meeting them outside the arena, near where the busses are parked. The catch is that MCR will most likely come out to meet fans while Blink182 is playing, so you would have to leave early. (Project Revolution worked like this in '07)

I would definitely miss a little or a lot of blink 182 to meet MCR. While I like blink also, this is my first MCR show, and I would really do anything to meet them.

So if they'll be meeting people after I will most likely skip some of blink's performance.

i meet mcr on Wednesday it was a 10 second handshake and Gerard and how are you...(it was cool.. no matter what ) Their really busy, there a lot of thing that happen before a concert and after. Mcr care about their fans but their only 4 guys .. i meet frank at bamboozle left.. It was long enough to make a huge fool of my self.. but there really nice.

at festival the meet and greet line are long bring uno it will pass time. I met leather mouth and got a poster sign.. But I meet frank before the meet and greet out side the skeleton crew both

P.S I never been to the Honda Civic Tour only bamboozle left so i don't know if they have meet and greet there

I won a M&G through an internet contest during the UK tour, and UKU ran one for each tour date, plus radio shows held contests. Just search around local radio stations/internet sites and see if you can find any. Good luck (:

I won a M&G through an internet contest during the UK tour, and UKU ran one for each tour date, plus radio shows held contests. Just search around local radio stations/internet sites and see if you can find any. Good luck (:

Good to know, I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled as Honda Civic gets closer...

when I went to their concert in Denver 40 people or so got to meet them through meet and greets. I was wondering how people got those passes? through the radio? or some contest or something? please help if you know anything or have any tips. Thanks!

There are already threads on these subjects here and here. Please search before posting a thread :) Going to merge this with the latter link.

when I went to their concert in Denver 40 people or so got to meet them through meet and greets. I was wondering how people got those passes? through the radio? or some contest or something? please help if you know anything or have any tips. Thanks!

WOW, that's alot of people. I hope I'll be able to snag one if this continues for honda civic

If neither work, a lot of fans opt for the standing outside the buses until 3AM method.

@digimodify do you think this will change now that they're co-headlining Honda Civic but playing second out of three? Don't you think they would come out earlier while Blink is still playing, because they could play a long time I'm sure. Since I'm hoping to go to two dates back to back, I'm thinking of skipping Blink the first night, since it's about five hours to the next venue and I don't really need to see them twice in a row. I really hope I get a chance to meet them, because I'm already plotting about something special for Mikey's birthday, which is the date of my first tour date :)

@digimodify do you think this will change now that they're co-headlining Honda Civic but playing second out of three? Don't you think they would come out earlier while Blink is still playing, because they could play a long time I'm sure. Since I'm hoping to go to two dates back to back, I'm thinking of skipping Blink the first night, since it's about five hours to the next venue and I don't really need to see them twice in a row. I really hope I get a chance to meet them, because I'm already plotting about something special for Mikey's birthday, which is the date of my first tour date :)

HMM. Well, I hadn't thought about that. If you're willing to skip blink to find them, then do it! They might come out earlier since they're the second of three, so that could give you the opportunity to meet them and do your think for Mikey's birthday.

Let us know how that works out!

HMM. Well, I hadn't thought about that. If you're willing to skip blink to find them, then do it! They might come out earlier since they're the second of three, so that could give you the opportunity to meet them and do your think for Mikey's birthday.

Let us know how that works out!

I would most definitely be willing to skip Blink the first night, since I'm going the following night. I would need to get driving to the other venue before the huge crowd leaves anyways and it could also give me a chance to meet the boys. This could be one of the best benefits of them playing first actually :) I will definitely let you guys know how it goes

With arenas and stadiums sometimes, bands wander around venues during opening acts. So its a good idea to search around the venue before the band goes on.

hmmm interesting, this is definitely something to consider. I guess it just depends on what the usual MCR routine is

The Honda Civic Tour will function like a normal tour, not a festival. Radio stations and online contests will offer meet and greet passes for the bands, or you can try meeting them outside the arena, near where the busses are parked. The catch is that MCR will most likely come out to meet fans while Blink182 is playing, so you would have to leave early. (Project Revolution worked like this in '07)

In the case of Projekt Revolution 07' MCR came out to meet people during Linkin Park's set. That's how I ended up meeting Frank, so Marie is speaking the truth here.

I'd recommend leaving the pit directly after MCR's set and- if possible- heading to the gateway that they have to go through to leave the backstage area.

Said gateway is open to fans at the venue I'm more than likely going to see them perform at, so that's my plan. Not to mention that venue and area is the exact location and that method is exactly how I ended up meeting Frank in 07' at PR.

Best of luck to you meeting them :)

Archived