The "killjoys Never Die" Campaign

As some of you may know, in recent weeks there has been a sudden burst of people (mostly Beliebers, it seems) attacking killjoys.

As some of you may also know, three of these killjoys were killed.

Now I know Beth isn't mentioned in this video but that's only because I didn't find out about her death until after I made and uploaded this video, so as a sidenote, #SINGItForBeth.

The two girls who are mentioned in this video, Sarah and Skye, were both killed on April 20th this year.

Sarah was 15 and she committed suicide after a session of cyber bullying. Skye - a casual friend of mine - was 17 and she was, unfortunately, beaten to death.

So, I gathered up killjoys from all over the world and I made this video. Almost 200 submissions were sent to me in less than two days, which was absolutely fabulous. It is partially a tribute to the lives lost, but its also an anti-hate crime campaign. Through this we hope to spread the message that we'll never stop believing and that they're not going to break us. We want to show them that through the hard times, where most would break, the MCRmy stands together, stronger than ever.

It would be incredible if you could watch this, comment, and pass it on.

If you're signed up to youtube, Subscribe for upcoming videos and updates on the upcoming marches and peaceful protests, and feel free to get in touch with me via Twitter, Facebook and E-Mail if you're thinking of setting up your own.

We need as many of you as possible involved in this project in order to get the message out, so pass it on in any way you can.

And never forget those precious soldiers who have been tragically taken away.

Thank you.

xo

This is amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing. I will pass it around :) Have you sent it to the guys?

Thank you :)

I have tweeted it to them, and a friend of mine got an e-mail from their entourage saying they'd seen it and thought it was awesome, which is great, so I'm really excited that this will be a successful project.

The two girls who are mentioned in this video, Sarah and Skye, were both killed on April 20th this year.

Sarah was 15 and she committed suicide after a session of cyber bullying. Skye - a casual friend of mine - was 17 and she was, unfortunately, beaten to death.

I'm shocked at how people could do this to other people BECAUSE OF THE MUSIC THEY LIKE. I mean, seriously? That's like...I can't even think of comparisons. But it's horrible. Thank you so much for making the video. People NEED to stop this. I mean, you don't see US going around and beating Beliebers to death (at least, I can't imagine anyone from the Rmy doing that), so what did we ever do to them?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

I'm really sorry for those two girls, and also for Beth, but I'm proud to be part of an Rmy that refuses to break, even when they're attacked from so many sides. As alwxys, here for my comrades,

xoxo V

I really like, that we as an Rmy stand up for each other, and help each other #SINGitforBeth #SINGitforSkye and #SINGitforSarah !

I'm so sad those girls died! But we are just gonna keep shining, and stay strong as Killjoys, Black Paraders etc!

This is a amazing video!

xoxo

-This is SnowCrack. Signing off

This is amazing. This just makes me love the MCRmy even more, because this is how we react to the darkest things the world throws at us: we rise up and sing it for peace. We make art out of it, and it's all the more real and powerful because it comes from something meaningful. This is a great thing you're doing!

Thank you :)

I have tweeted it to them, and a friend of mine got an e-mail from their entourage saying they'd seen it and thought it was awesome, which is great, so I'm really excited that this will be a successful project.

WOW that's awesome they got to see it :D You did a wonderful job on this and deserved it!

Thank you for the support, everyone.

Whenever I make a video that goes onto the channel, I'll automatically post it here too in case there's anyone who can't subscribe.

Most of them will be little updates and reminders for the protests, and there will probably be other little projects I'll work on in the future so keep your eyes peeled.

I was talking to Skye's sister just yesterday and she wants to make wristbands/bracelets that say "#SINGItForSkye" on them. I would, however, like to modify that so that it includes the memory of all 3 girls on the wristband. Does anyone have any ideas of what to put? And if we did this, who would buy them?

(Note: Any money that would potentially be made from these wristbands will be split and donated to The Sophie Lancaster Foundation, The Make A Wish Foundation and To Write Love On Her Arms)

I was talking to Skye's sister just yesterday and she wants to make wristbands/bracelets that say "#SINGItForSkye" on them. I would, however, like to modify that so that it includes the memory of all 3 girls on the wristband. Does anyone have any ideas of what to put? And if we did this, who would buy them?

I wouldn't mind buying this, but I dont know if I'm able to ...

• 3 weeks later...

i so nearly cryed wich would have been imbaresing because im in an internet cafe! i thik that this is such a wonderful thing and i really dont want to getn angry but how could anyone be so twistd to make someone kill themselves over music taste! i meen holy shit! anyway i am going to make some stuff and send it in and i will totaly buy a wrist band i never take my curant ones off! i have a malaria one a breast cancer one and some school charity ones and i would love to have a nother good cause around my wrist i will help make them if you want (rowan.giggles@yahoo.co.uk)

anyway what you have done is amazing ceep up the good work!

I still find it hard to believe that anybody could do this over a different taste in music.

It's just pathetic.

I know, its tragic and its sick.

But its also important that rather than dwelling on it, we do our mourning and then work on keeping their memory alive.

That's exactly why I set up this campaign, to keep their memories alive.

Archived