Mcrmy T Shirts

dmoo

Hey everyone, I'm trying to raise money for disaster relief in Joplin and I thought Mcrmy shirts would be a great fundraiser! Before I actually go through with this, I just wanna make sure that people would actually buy them. I would price them around $10 and I will receive no money for these shirts. Almost all of the proceeds, except what it takes to make the shirts, would go to Joplin. And if this really takes off, I would give the money to a different charity each month. And since my computer won't let me upload pictures, you can see the shirts by following this link:

http://mcrmyphiladelphia.tumblr.com/post/5857814555/mcrmy-t-shirts

Please let me know if this is a good idea and if you have a tumblr, message me or reblog that post so I can keep track of how many people would be interested in buying a shirt!

This is a great idea but.. a bit worried about the Copyright and stuff. may be you should send those ideas off to the guys.. via twitter or try and get into contact with the Right people.. MCR's associates.

I love the I Don't wanna make it i just wanna t-shirt and the To the end shirt

as i said just make sure you are not going to get sued for making them and if you get approval then your fund raising for charity will be more reputable.

GOOD LUCK!!

IS SO AWESOME! I LOVE IT. If you could only make it a white print on a black shirt, I would so, so, so buy it.

I agree! I love this design so much, but would really like to have the option of having it with white print on a black shirt

I love the I Don't wanna make it i just wanna t-shirt and the To the end shirt

as i said just make sure you are not going to get sued for making them and if you get approval then your fund raising for charity will be more reputable.

I love both shirts mentioned above and would love either of those. I am still partial to have either design on black shirts with white writing. Do you think this would be possible?

Hey everyone, I'm trying to raise money for disaster relief in Joplin and I thought Mcrmy shirts would be a great fundraiser! Before I actually go through with this, I just wanna make sure that people would actually buy them. I would price them around $10 and I will receive no money for these shirts. Almost all of the proceeds, except what it takes to make the shirts, would go to Joplin. And if this really takes off, I would give the money to a different charity each month. And since my computer won't let me upload pictures, you can see the shirts by following this link:

http://mcrmyphiladel.../mcrmy-t-shirts

Please let me know if this is a good idea and if you have a tumblr, message me or reblog that post so I can keep track of how many people would be interested in buying a shirt!

i love the idea but there right copyright issues.. huge pain in the ass

I'm in graphic communication class and its alway an issue. My teacher said to our class that you need to change the logo some how ... I love the shirt no matter what lol

I really do hope these get made, since it would be beautiful to have the "to the end" shirt :)

I don't see a problem as long as you don't profit at all from it. If it were all donations and you made no money from it, I don't see a problem. But you DO need to ask someone first.

A girl tried to make MCRmy shirts back in 2005-2006 and WBR wouldn't let her use the MCRmy logo or name on them, but she did profit from it, though in all honesty she was really making shirts we could wear to shows to identify we were MCRmy. She did make shirts, though, that said "Demolition Soldier" in a font similar to the one used on Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.

I think you should say we are the army.. instead of mcrmy.

And put all the images into illustrator and change them a littler so you dont have copyright issues

I love this idea!!!! Thought from other rmy members?

I don't see a problem as long as you don't profit at all from it. If it were all donations and you made no money from it, I don't see a problem. But you DO need to ask someone first.

I agree with you on this one; just out of curiousity, who would you have to contact to figure that out?

Thank you Laurie!

I love these. I love the "I won't go down by myself, I'll go down with my friends" one in black. My favorite is the "To the End" one, but is there anyw*y it could be on black? I guess it doesn't matter until you get the ok. Anyw*ys, love the idea and how you're donating the proceeds. :)

We got the answer : :)

From Improvements To The Board thread :

I'm not 100% certain either, but I think when this came up on the old boards, we were told that you can't legally sell anything that says MCRmy or My Chemical Romance at all

That's correct- you cannot profit off of anything that uses My Chemical Romance or MCRmy. However, if you make a fan project or an MCRmy shirt for yourself or your MCRmy group/ team you can use it. But under no circumstances can you profit off of it.

Archived