The Dark Knight Rises

zombieserenade

Filming started recently, and the first image of Tom Hardy as Bane has been released.

Strange sounds on the website were decoded to reveal the twitter hashtag #thefirerises. As the hashtag was posted, pixel by pixel of the image was revealed, made up of the profile pictures of all the users who tweeted it

fhFea.jpg

baneuserpics1.jpg

IT HAS BEGUN

That's incredible! I'm very excited for this film. It's hard to believe that TDK was released 3 years ago. I'm wondering if they'll have a sneak peek at SDCC. I'm reading Brian Azzarello's Joker right now, and then Arkham City's coming out soon, so I'm excited for all Batman-centric things lately.

I have full faith in Nolan to finally do Bane justice. That horrendous mockery of a fantastic villain in Batman & Robin was NOTHING like what Bane really is, and I know he'll get it right. Anyways, I'm so fricking excited for this movie. Both Batman and The Avengers next year, with X-Men, Thor, and the Green Lantern this year, I just might die happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I love viral marketing campaigns like this.

Me too.

That chanting in the videos is seriously creepy.

And I think they are official, as if you go to the Warner Bro's site for the Dark Knight Rises here, it's just a blank screen with the exact same chanting in the background.

I looked up what they are saying in the chant on Google, and apparently someone ran it through a sound decoder and came up with this.

Clever stuff if you ask me.

I can't wait for this. B)

Xmen press are claiming their film is better than Dark Knight.

I almost have to see it now...

That's like how comedy movies claim to be the "funniest film of the year" even if they are terrible. X-Men First Class has been getting good reviews, so it can't be as bad as the trailers make it look, but it's not going to touch TDK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Teaser trailer & poster is due out next week!

the teaser will be screened with the Harry Potter movie, which is just too much combined excitement to handle

oh my god, I'm going to flip out more than I normally do at HP movies.

Archived