Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street! <3

GimmeAllYourPoison

omg i love the musical. the original cast recording is amazing.

i actually saw it on tour a couple of years ago and it was aaawwwesome. i somehow got a seat just a couple of rows away from the stage, which made it so intense. plus, the director did it differently than the original production, which had a big orchestra and everything- the cast was really small, and also played the instruments. it was really cool.

as for the movie- it's pretty great. johnny depp was great, as always, as was tim burton's directing. but i didn't really like helena bonham carter's voice. the little kid who played toby was great, though!

it's definitely one of my favorite movie-musicals.

he was just enacting revenge, since sweeney killed the only mother-figure in his life.

he was an orphan, after all (i'm guessing?)

i actually thought it was really cool, since it was him becoming the next sweeney...

he was just enacting revenge, since sweeney killed the only mother-figure in his life.

he was an orphan, after all (i'm guessing?)

i actually thought it was really cool, since it was him becoming the next sweeney...

The last ten minutes of the movie were just amazing. So much of the story line happens in that small time frame.

And, yeah. I'm pretty sure he was an orphan.

The last ten minutes of the movie were just amazing. So much of the story line happens in that small time frame.

And, yeah. I'm pretty sure he was an orphan.

in the show i saw, they had toby dressed up like a mental patient. that one thing added so much to his character.

although, i like how in the movie, he disappeared into the tunnels. it lets you imagine his fate...

Archived