Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MajorSunshine

Eurovision Song Contest

Anybody watching ESC tonight?

I'm home alone, and ESC is no fun without anyone to discuss the songs with! So if you're watching, what do you think of the songs, who would you vote for, and what do you think about last years winner?

Who's watching Eurovision right now?

Who did you vote for?

Honestly... I voted for Jedward I am SOOOOOO SORRY!! But I HAD to, their song was decent, and I couldn't vote for the UK cos I live there!

I was just scared by Lordi :P Haha!

I think sweden is going to win... That was a really wierd song! "I want to be popular"...xD But hey, that's the point with ESC, to see all the wierd songs xD

Yeah I watched it too :P but didn't vote... I kinda liked jedward too xD they were very energetic! And crazy hair :D I also liked erh... was it Georgia they were from? I think so :-? and yeah, the danish one of course xD

I voted for Serbia because out of all the acts their song was actually good. Jedward were awful. Iceland wasn't bad either. I don't why I watch Eurovision anyway, it's all so political & most of the countries vote for their neighbours than for the songs.

I can't really remember any of the other acts except for I think it was Hungary or some country beginning with H.

The one's with the Dipsy Hats.

I think I got brainwashed by Jedward :(

I don't get how Azerbajan won!

Ahh yeah those with the hats... hmm I don't remember where they were from either :-? they were crazy xD the way they said "so lucky!" or whatever it was, I always thought of "ghost busters!" is it me, or is it said in the same way? xD

But yes, it sucks that almost everyone just vote for their neighbours rather than the music... it's sad /:

That is so true!

They do that every year, although last year the UK did suck so bad.

But still, I think the rest of Europe just doesn't like the UK. :(

I watched it online but i live in the US, so i couldn't vote. :L

Azerbaijan won. Their performance was okay but i was hoping for more.

I really didn't expect the winner to be Azerbajan xD but this show always surprises you xD And back when Lordi won I was scared of them too haha xD

France should have won, everybody else was terrible except Jedward (gotta stick with my own country but they were the best of a bad lot)!!

Who's watching Eurovision right now?

Who did you vote for?

Honestly... I voted for Jedward I am SOOOOOO SORRY!! But I HAD to, their song was decent, and I couldn't vote for the UK cos I live there!

Merging this with the existing thread:

http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?/topic/3845-eurovision-song-contest-2011/

I don't think I myself will be able to change the topic, but I'll send a request to the mods :)

Who do you want to win tonight? I cross my fingers for Norwxy off course, but from the songs I've heard till now, I would probably vote for russia :)

Sadly I missed the semi on thursday, but I'll be sure to pay extra attention to those countries.

I think Russia was actually good, but off course in a eurovision kind of wxy. But it was a song I wouldn't mind them playing over and over again on the radio this summer xD and that is a good thing, cause that will happen with the winner :P

I'm afraid I didn't like Finnish entry. The tune's ok but the lyrics just go against what any woman should be thinking about marriage. *takes off women's equality hat*. I liked Malta too. Norway was the best mainstream kind of song I thought. I'm expecting the UK to do awful as our song is awful. The only one I wasn't sure of that got through was Armenia, it was a bit dull. I didn't see the first semi-final so most songs are going to be a surprise. I'm looking forward to it, but not been well this week so will be staying in and watching it by myself.

Yes, they definitely shouldn't have outright censorship on it. I know it's a bit of a gimmick but it is referring to current affairs in Finland so it's politically relevant.

Weeeeeeee are the chaaaaaampions my frieeeeeeeeeeends *kinda proud of being danish for once*

tumblr_mh3jsjMUVO1rdau1no4_250.gif