Artists You Like But Want To Punch In The Face

monroe

Sometimes the people you respect the most in the music/film/art/ect community manage to do something that just drives you mad.

Not everyone is perfect

Even the people you adore

John Nolan, sometimes I question him and he's my musical jesus.

But right now.

seriously

no matter how much I want to be his best friend

I want to punch David Tennant in the face

and everyone involved in the remake of fright night.

so now you go.

Tom Savini is probably my #1.

Wes Craven

Glenn Danzig

Peter Murphy

Jesse Lacey

There are more, but I can't think of them right now. I seriously respect all these people, I love what they do, but the beauty of somebody's work doesn't always equate to who they are/what they do outside of it.

Hahahaa, when I first read the title I missed out the "like but", then when I re-read it I was kind of disappointed.

Seether - my joint favourite band, so I feel super bad saying this. Shaun (the singer/guitarist) sometimes does not know where to draw the line. I really admire his honesty and straight-to-the-point-ness, but there have been one or two occasions where he could have phrased stuff better and should have known he'd cause a lot of shit. I would only punch him in the face to bring him back down to Earth though ;)

I hate when bands I like end up having misogynistic lyrics in a couple of songs. It bums me out so much.

and I used to be really into Emarosa, but the singer is kind of obsessed with seeing girls boobs at shows and he's very vocal about it so that just pissed me off.

sometimes I wanna punch Bert McCracken because he's so god damn smug and confident. haha terrible reason.

Not terrible.

being too prideful is really bothersome and personality turn off.

I was mad at kenny Vasoli for awhile. wasn't happy about TSL going on hiatus and him having another band.

felt like he was "cheating" on TSL.

Casanova and Shakespeare are the people who I am saving that for and I DESPISE them.

These people, I like and what the hell ruin their vanity.

Casanova? ruin what's he's famous for ahhahahahaha

But I would I need a tardis.......

I'd say Tomo, Jared and Shannon from 30STM - they just seem to be more cocky(not sure if thats the word im looking for) about things these days and i dont like it.... all this "kings and queens" stuff must have gone to their heads <_<:lol:

just doesnt seem to be the same connection with the fans

I know exactly what you’re saying; sometimes you admire someone so much and than they do something and you could honestly punch them in the face for it.

Jared Leto, don't get me wrong I respect him and his band but he can be sooo freaking conceited.

There is probably more but he's the only one who initially sprang to mind.

Hayley Williams. I just feel like she needs a reality check. One that comes in the form of my fist.

Edit: I'd just like to clarify that this is not an artist I like but want to punch in the face. I just want to punch her in the face.

(I'm not really a violent person and I wouldn't punch anybody really... /disclaimer)

Hayley Williams. I just feel like she needs a reality check. One that comes in the form of my fist.

That made me laugh

Bert McCracken has to be near the top of my list - I like some of The Used songs, but I don't really like them, and I just think he is a complete tosser. Maybe that's a bit harsh, but hey, you can't like everyone.

Jared Leto, just because he seems to love himself more with each new song.

Syn Gates - Love him, but is a cocky shite.

JARED LETO. He's always been really cocky, I don't know if it's the acting thing, but I agree that recently it's been worse. And don't kill me but it seems like almost everything he/30stm does is for the money and fame. Plus, they cancelled the show I was going to for my birthday in order to go to the VMAs, so maybe that adds to my dislike a little bit. I still love their music, though.

Jared Leto - Like 30STM, a lot less now, but yeah, he seems so cocky and big headed and says a lot of shite for money, like saying the band might break up, ticket sales went through the roof. Also, he used to be just funny, now he's all I-wear-sunglasses-inside and full of himseld, Shannon seem much more down to earth.

Haley Williams - Actually I really don't like Paramore but would like to punch her anywxy.

Axl Rose - Love the voice, but he's a douche.

That's why I love MCR, they make amazing music, are all down to earth and hilarious, and I'm sure they will never sell out,

I definitely agree on Hayley Williams. Paramore's music is fun, poppy nonsense to just sing along to when I'm drawing and I appreciate that. But it's getting so hard to enjoy their music when she does something else stupid every few months.

Also: Taylor Momsen. I don't care how manufactured it is, I really enjoy her music. But she's just so try-hard and likes acting like such an asshole it makes it impossible to like her. She's clearly going through that "I'm so hardcore and misunderstood" phase and I kinda feel embarrassed for her. So glad I wasn't in the public eye when I went through that.

(Do just everyday people count?) There is a girl at my school who is my absolute favorite artist in the world. She is so good at drawing, OMG I can't even tell you how awesome she is at it. But right now I want to punch her in the face cause she has kinda gone hyper-girly-boy-crazy-psycho on me. And she won't stop drawing pictures of this one other guy in my class all over everything.

Jared Leto is nice to look at, he seems to be intelligent. The thing is that he also comes off as a pompous jazzhole.

I also agree with Billy Corgan.

There is one person above all others that irritates me to no end, and that is Taylor Momsen.

Edit: Tera, I didn't see your comment before I replied, but you are entirely correct about her. When you're trying that hard to be a badass, you are no longer a badass. It's nullified. You just become laughable, which is something that nobody wants to be. She also has said some pretty ignorant things, which also is never appealing.

Archived