Mcr Facebook

I do to a cetain extent, the 'regulars' on the facebook as they call themselves are not very welcoming to 'newbies' Its like they think they are better fans than everyone else because they are almost permantely on the facebook page and their computer.

Some of them can be very 'cruel' when fans ask simple questions on the facebook. They need to calm down.

Oh my God yes, that whole place has gotten out of control. And then random half naked chicks post there spam talking mess like, "Look at me, I'm a hottie come sext me!!!!!11one!!eleven", not my words, theirs. And to me that makes no sense at all, cuz the people who frequent that page are mostly teenage girls talking about MCR. No one there wants to talk to her, so why is she spammin' the page! It must be a virus!!

I've seen A LOT of role playing there. Tons of fake accounts, and i know that some people can be really unwelcoming. I think they think since they've been there longer, they have some sort of "control"? over the page. I'm not sure, but whatever it is, i hope they start to be nicer to people.

I honestly don't feel comfortable there.

After I'd liked the page and read the comments (which are mostly of the disturbing roleplay type), I was outta there.

I don't think I'd want to post a normal comment on there for fear of my head being taken off.

I doubt everyone that frequents the Facebook page are bad, it's just the majority don't seem welcoming to people who haven't posted before.

Honestly, I don't post on it. I just look at it every now and then. But every time I've been on it, there's been some sort or flaming or arguments going on.

No one is discussing the music or anything like that at all anymore. It's kinda lame.

It's not a place to start pointless arguments over the internet >.<

The whole fake identity pages thing is just so "uhhhh."

They could put the posts on the page to display posts by the band only by default with people having to click through to view the posts by others.

Would make it look more presentable from the front anyway :)

You think you're exaggerating, but I have genuinely seen that before. Although I think they were Gerards.

So far I've seen a Geerard Way, a Gerardd Way, a Gee Way, a Gerard Way, a XGerardx Way, a Gerard Arthur and a Gerrarrd Coffee Way. And that's in the comment span of an hour.

I kid you not.

Haha...Then I guess I was not exaggerating at all.

Random comment about a random comment on there: Don't date a fake Gerard because...well, he's a fake Gerard.

Edit: It's actually pretty calm right now. I just really feel bad for those that get shafted for being new.

Gosh, the mcr fb page.

There would be a lot of trouble with fake accounts and posers.

Right now, there's like a poser in the page. Dang she/he posted racist and ridiculous comments.

Is that the Helena one? If so, I saw that the other day. I'm not saying posting racist comments is right, because it's not, but some of their reactions were just childish and pathetic. They were telling her/him to fuck off, go and die, and generally being really nasty and threatening. That is not how an MCR fan should act if they have any respect for MCR's morals.

It just bugs me that they give a bad reputation to the fanbase. A new fan might innocently wander onto there to find out more about MCR and be greeted by spam, abuse and some generally creepy RPing. If they want to RP that's fine, but don't do it on the band's official facebook page. Go and make your own page where nobody else has to put up with it.

Just a few quotes that I pulled up RE my last post:

"I HOPE FAKE HELENA WILL FUCK OFF VERY FUCKING SOON BEFORE I PLUCK OUT HER EYES AND PUSH IT UP HER ASS."

"Fake go away or i might have to get my 19 cats to claw out ur eye balls and eat ur intestienes."

"FAKE HELENA BITCH... BACK THE FUCK OFF... US REAL MCR FANS WILL FIND YOU AND FUCKING KILL YOU."

"FAKE HELENA BITCH... BACK THE FUCK OFF... US REAL MCR FANS WILL FIND YOU AND FUCKING KILL YOU."

"Us real MCR fans" would never say anything like that to anyone--because we know that's not what the band's about. That really bothers me. Maybe somebody needs to moderate that page, if only for the fact that it really does imply that we're all like that. Which we are not.

That's exactly what I thought. I'm glad somebody bought it to Ray's attention, hopefully the management will do something about it, like get a moderator (even though it's a pretty full-time job :/). It sucks because it's not the band's fault, but it's their reputation that is at stake :\

Yeah exactly.

First time I went on that page I was all ":huh: what the hell doesn't anybody care?"

Archived