What Do You Think Of This Tumblr?

Carry_On_Gal

http://fuckingmcr-fans.tumblr.com/ (I know Tumblr is down for now, I'll explain below"

This is a Tumblr by an annoyed MCR fan who thinks that all jokes, pairings, comments, and fandom in general regarding MCR is annoying and stupid. This blog features, screencaps of other MCRmy members blog posts that contain things deemed stupid or annoying by said blogger such as the phrase "Jamia get the checkbook!" or anything involving sass or just being a shameless fangirl, these posts are often accompanied by this picture: tumblr_lkvt8xNlwx1qjmrqho1_400.png

to express annoyance or embarrassment of the MCRmy members antics.

Now I ask you, what do you think of this blog? Is it offensive? Accurate? Funny? I am neutral, I don't see anything wrong with the blog but I mostly tolerate the fandom that goes on among the MCRmy, what do you think?

I think the jookes are funny...like the meme page, it makes me laugh

The kids just getting high and mighty...

Sure nothing wrong with disliking it, but no need to spread the hate =s

just stay off the meme page XD

Fo some things the persons right though, some jokes are taken to far-not many though

Bleh...some people have different senses of humor, and it may not always be to one's tastes. Seriously, I'm one of the most cynical, angry people ever and I still think some of it is funny. To each their own, but it's precisely that--don't rip on people that think some particular thing is funny. If it annoys you, just don't look. It's that easy. I find things like this to be so unbelievably condescending. Live and fucking let live...stop the nonsensical apparent hierarchy that's dividing this fan base. The annoying thing isn't even the jokes, or the memes-what's bothersome is this 'I'm better than you because I don't laugh at *xxxx*'.

Actually guys, if this bothers you, let's leave it, let whoever it is feel like they're the better person. Just be the better person and turn away from it.

To those who don't think the jokes or the like are funny, it's so simple-just don't look. If you think something has gone too far (I'm sure we all do once in awhile!), just ignore it, no matter how much it annoys you! It takes so much more energy to be annoyed than it does to turn away!

We're all supposed to be in this together, and yet, we do things like this to each other.

Let's not judge one another anymore-this should be one of the places that you can turn to and feel accepted, not ridiculed for joking around about something like Frank's love for dogs. I'm not even going to judge those who think that blog is funny, because you belong here just as much as the next person.

Edit: I see that the page is not accessible anymore, but my point still stands: be good to one another!

P.s-This is in no way meant to be insulting to anybody./disclaimer.

I'm on tumblr, and avoiding the memes isn't as easy as staying off a meme page. I don't follow any meme pages and individual fans just beat the jokes to death. If you're following just regular fans, it's inevitable that you're going to see the same jokes over and over and over because they spread like wild fire. I'm all for having fun, but most of the jokes made aren't even funny. That said, I don't really get the point of dedicating an [entire blog just to being negative about such things.

I'm on tumblr, and avoiding the memes isn't as easy as staying off a meme page. I don't follow any meme pages and individual fans just beat the jokes to death. I'm all for having fun, but most of the jokes made aren't even funny. That said, I don't really get the point of dedicating an [entire blog just to being negative about such things.

Let's not judge one another anymore-this should be one of the places that you can turn to and feel accepted, not ridiculed for joking around about something like Frank's love for dogs.

Nobody's judging anyone though. They're just our opinions or can we not have opinions about certain things anymore?

That said, I don't really get the point of dedicating an [entire blog just to being negative about such things.

Why not though? It's not like it's harming anyone, and if someone finds it offensive, do what someone mentioned in this thread, ignore it. I don't get the point of directing one certain blog to a certain member of the band, but people do it anyways so

They're just our opinions or can we not have opinions about certain things anymore?

That is kind of a redundant question, though. If that was the case, I wouldn't be able to disagree with it. If you like it, that's your deal. If you don't like it, that's your deal. Like you said, if somebody finds it offensive, ignore it---so in saying that, (and this is speaking generally, not directly) if something about the jokes annoys you, just ignore it.

Edit: Ultimately, I'd like to just make the general comment that there really doesn't need to be any separation in this fan base.

We can all agree to disagree, but we also need mutual respect--whatever opinion you do have. I wouldn't ever hate anyone for liking that blog. That would be counterproductive to what this place is about.

You're allowed to think it's funny...The next person is allowed to think it's not. Just respect one another. That's all we need.

Why not though? It's not like it's harming anyone, and if someone finds it offensive, do what someone mentioned in this thread, ignore it. I don't get the point of directing one certain blog to a certain member of the band, but people do it anyways so

I didn't say anywhere in my statement that they shouldn't or don't have the right to make a blog about it. I'm saying I don't see the point in making a blog that is entirely negative, just to nit pick about something so stupid. Even though people can ignore it, lets be honest, we all know something like this is only going to make people feel made fun of because of what they choose to like. That blog just picks random peoples post and essentially makes fun of them for it. There is a difference between having a fan blog or a meme blog where people are thriving on fun and positivity, and this, where people are literally being frowned upon for joking or liking a fic or pairing or whatever. It's not the same because it's not done in the same spirit.

^^Yeah, that isn't the nicest thing ever, at all...It's actually a harmless picture and devoid of any memes. But it's clear that they enjoy being mean. They say it themselves. Does anybody have a plan to start a 'My Chemical Romance Fans Who Make Fun Of My Chemical Romance Fans Who Make Fun of My Chemical Romance Fans' tumblr?I'm sure they'd be good sports about it. (Kidding.)

Kill 'em with kindness. Love the shit out of them. Respect them so hard that they don't know what to do with themselves anymore.

nope, it still exist, I just went there.

http://fuckingmcrfans.tumblr.com/ I think they just altered the url.

lolz, digifail. I just clicked the OP's link.

This blog has the potential to be hilarious, but fails short because it only posts that fucking stupid jpeg after every allegedly 'stupid' MCR fan post.

I'mma need some more witty commentary in this bitch.

I just don't get why they would dedicate a blog to something they hate so much. I mean, yeah, tumblr kills any joke within a day and it's so annoying to see the same thing on my dash like 5+ times... but won't it just be on your dash even more if you follow a blog dedicated to making fun of it?

And I agree with Kit, can't there at least be witty commentary instead of just that picture? It just seems pointless. Like "This joke is so dumb and over exposed, let's show it to you again with a statue face!palming underneath to show how cool we are for being so annoyed by seeing it so much."

This has pretty much been said already, but I think it could be funny. It's just not because the person is really mean about it. Saying you don't like the jokes is totally fine, but saying "it's you obnoxious fans that I don't like" isn't, in my opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion about things like jokes, but when you start making fun of actual people and singling them out like that...I don't know.

And I agree with Kit, can't there at least be witty commentary instead of just that picture? It just seems pointless. Like "This joke is so dumb and over exposed, let's show it to you again with a statue face!palming underneath to show how cool we are for being so annoyed by seeing it so much."

Yeah, it's like they're contradicting themselves a bit, cuz really that statue picture in itself is just another meme.

Archived