#singitforbeth

shannwoww

i was on twitter today and realized some people were using the hash tag #SingItforBeth.. i clicked it and people were saying that beth was a big mcr fan who committed suicide today. i was wondering if anyone knows if that it true or not because i know some of them have been fake before..

While it is really tragic that she did that, I think (as do many others on here) that we need to stop with this twitter hashtag business. It really kind of dilutes the message. #SingitforJapan was a beautiful thing. It was people from around the world coming together to show their support for Japan. But since then, the tag has been used for any Killjoy related drama. I find it really sad that we've had things like #SingitforSniper getting more attention that #SingitforJapan.

This is going to seem heartless, and I swear I don't mean for it to be as harsh as it sounds, but thousands (millions?) of people die every day. What makes certain ones more special than others?

If we try to trend anything, can we just be satisfied with #SingitforJapan? After all, it's an actual project created by the band. It's raising money, giving hope, and trying to help victims.

I agree with FromFateToRomance. I heard about this earlier, and although its really horrible that this happened, the twitter hash-tags about MCR fans and suicide are not the best way to handle these things. It may seem like its honoring their memories, which is all good, but involving MCR in it is not a good idea.

I've noticed the hash-tags being used as a way to commemorate our fellow fallen fans. But I agree with FromFateToRomance, it dilutes the message that SING is about.

It's been an important enough issue that I wrote something about it this afternoon- On tumblr

We should be singing for everybody, we're all in this together. The problem is that too much of the time problems get overlooked until it's too late.

It shouldn't have to take a death to hash-tag a twitter trend for change.

It's getting so out of hand that it's beginning to make me wonder, and I hate to think like this, but whether any of these SINGItFor hashtags are legit or if people are just trying to get something trending for the sake of it.

That's why in situations like this I tweet #SINGItForTheWorld because for every one Killjoy we're tweeting for there is probably another 100 or so in pain, suffering all by their self...they're the ones that need our help

While it is really tragic that she did that, I think (as do many others on here) that we need to stop with this twitter hashtag business. It really kind of dilutes the message. #SingitforJapan was a beautiful thing. It was people from around the world coming together to show their support for Japan. But since then, the tag has been used for any Killjoy related drama. I find it really sad that we've had things like #SingitforSniper getting more attention that #SingitforJapan.

I've been saying this for so long now, thank you for feeling the same way!

I might be a dick but we're destroying something beautiful here, it's loosing all it's meaning :(

I totally agree with FromFateToRomance

I think by using #SINGitfor... in every situation is really overusing the phrase. SINGitforJapan was beautiful because everyone was coming together to support a part of the world, whether the people there were MCR fans or not. They were just showing their support for everyone.

I don't like all this specific #SINGitfor... because although it's tragic, there are people all over the world in pain, not just one person.

It also comes across to me a little that they are supporting what the girl did (I know they aren't, but it just crossed my mind how it could be seen that way) which totally goes against everything MCR have stood for over the past 10 years.

I also agree with neonscreamout, "involving MCR in it is not a good idea". They get called a suicide cult too often, and drawing attention to the fact she was an MCR fan could potentially be a bad thing, whether they realise that or not.

Finally, I think these #SINGitfor... things are often a way of trying to get the attention of the band ever since #SINGitforJapan was something noticed on twitter by Ray. In which case, that's the totally wrong reason to be doing it.

I apologise if I sound heartless, or offensive but that's the way I see the situation.

Agreed with the above posters, lets stick to #SINGitforJapan in future.

Also saw some people tweeting "enjoy your black parade beth" or similar...like WTF.

The Daily Mail stated that "emos believe when you die you go to the black parade", see how much controvesy that caused? And it's a load of bullshit.

The Black Parade is the name of MCR's alter ego on their third album, it is NOT where you go when you die.

"I like to think that when death comes you for, it's in the form of your most well known memory" (or whatever the quote was)

"For The Patient this is in the form of a marching band"

Also saw some people tweeting "enjoy your black parade beth" or similar...like WTF.

The Daily Mail stated that "emos believe when you die you go to the black parade", see how much controvesy that caused? And it's a load of bullshit.

I saw those posts too and thought the same. I feel that it's messages like that which get MCR a bad name with people that don't understand...even though it's actually nothing to do with the band themselves.

Sensational newspapers will jump on anything, and as soon as I read that it reminded me of the whole Daily Mail thing too, so I hope this whole thing (the part where My Chem gets brought into it) doesn't get too far, it's just more ammuniton against them.

I might sound like I'm focusing too much on the effects this could have on the band, but that's because I don't like the idea of people involving them in this, in any way. They're my primary concern to be honest. I'm guessing i'm probably getting a little carried away and sound dramatic, and it won't really affect the band at all, but i'm just protective of them :\

I do however think it's really sad for her family and friends, and it must be really hard for them right now. I'm not disregarding the fact that it's tragic, and I'm not saying I don't care. I just don't think the fans have reacted in the right way.

I heard about #SingitforBeth when I logged on to Twitter this morning. Most fans don't realize the harm that they're actually causing when they do a "#Singitfor". By equating the band to cases of suicide, even though they're trying to be helpful, they're really doing nothing more than providing ammunition in the gun for news sources like the Daily Mail and Fox to use against them. It's time for this #Singitfor nonsense to be brought to an end.

Exactly! People could see those kind of comments and think "Oh right, The Black Parade is the Emo heaven."

The things that stinks is when I logged on to my Twitter the Beth thing was everywhere and like you guys said, all its doing is associating the suicide with the band. Also, suicide is something EXTREMELY big. Don't feel bad for her or anything, she made this choice. If anything be thankful that your not in that situation and if you are, get help right away. Let it be a lesson, what she did was stupid. Its a sad and terrible thing that it happened, but it was stupid of her to do. Gerard has preached countless times anti-suicide, so this should not be related to the band at all.

#Singitfor is supposed to be messages from the band, orchestrated by the band, in my opinion. By hashtagging non-mcr-related posts with their phrases it's like we're trying to say that My Chem is endorsing it, which they're obviously not. If you have to involve MCR, why not say "MCR fans remember Beth" etc.? That way, it's obvious that the band didn't start it and that we're not promoting suicide or whatever. Media doesn't need any more ammo, believe me. Leave #Singit for to the ones that invented it, guys.

I heard about #SingitforBeth when I logged on to Twitter this morning. Most fans don't realize the harm that they're actually causing when they do a "#Singitfor". By equating the band to cases of suicide, even though they're trying to be helpful, they're really doing nothing more than providing ammunition in the gun for news sources like the Daily Mail and Fox to use against them. It's time for this #Singitfor nonsense to be brought to an end.

You guys are entirely right about this. The problem comes in the communication with other fans and the misinterpretation of MCR. While the Daily Mail pisses me off beyond measure, they do have influence to some degree and what they, and other journalists, perceive MCR to be does matter. Because next time some kid gets into MCR, they might be teased by their classmates or their parents might try to prevent them from listening to a band which has such an empowering message.

So let's stick to our guns and stick with #SingitforJapan. Let's not lose the meaning of that special movement

Archived