Fake Mcr Street Team

Tina

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to give you a heads up on something that happened at a show tonight. Some fans showed up at a show with a fake letter and a fake laminated "All Access" pass. They said they were hired as street teamers from someone from the label. They were told that if they passed out flyers and took photos of their work they would get tickets to the show and all access passes.

I want you to know that all MCRmy related contests/ street team activities WILL be posted on MyChemicalRomance.com in the news section by MCR or by me (MCRTina) or on MCRmy.com. We would never contact you individually outside of a official channels. For example, if you didn't enter the tour reporter contest, and got an email from me saying you won something, this isn't legit.

I don't know if this is one incident or if its happened before. If you see posts of this kind not made by me, please let me know!

Thanks so much!

Wow, I didn't run into them last night, but that is sad that someone would take advantage of them like that.

There were also the usual people selling "Official" Tee shirts out side "These are the same shirts inside except MCR is making ya pay $65!"

Liars. there was nothing over $45.

I'm glad my big bro taught me to never buy stuff outside shows. lol

Tina,

Was the letter supposed to look like it was given to them FROM WBR?

And you know, they might've not been hired by any company at all...could just be some kids trying to get free tickets/all access passes. Perhaps they've done it at the venue before and it's worked. *shrugs*

Hopefully kids aren't being scammed by some anon though. :/

Thanks for keeping us informed :)

And you know, they might've not been hired by any company at all...could just be some kids trying to get free tickets/all access passes. Perhaps they've done it at the venue before and it's worked. *shrugs*

Good point. People do often make fake passes and such to try getting backstage at shows, and since the MCRmy used to have a policy kind of like this, maybe they thought they could fake their way in with the help of a forged letter.

Good point. People do often make fake passes and such to try getting backstage at shows, and since the MCRmy used to have a policy kind of like this, maybe they thought they could fake their way in with the help of a forged letter.

I'd like to think the best of the MCR fans and assume that they meant well. It's bad news they got tricked, hopefully MCR & co. will figure out what happened soon and prevent something like this from happening again in the future.

Tina,

Was the letter supposed to look like it was given to them FROM WBR?

Hopefully kids aren't being scammed by some anon though. :/

Thanks for keeping us informed :)

this might have been the case but id like to believe that MCRmy wouldn't stoop to this level. :/

But yes, they had a letter that looked nothing like what we send out.

Archived