Tina

Improvements To The Board

also, I'm noticing alot of threads being started for selling/trading merch. do you think we should start a pinned/official(*ahem* "Rmy official" :P) thread for this with some rules/regs in the first post? like the ticket selling post in the tour section?

We actually talked about this. I think we're going to do that.

I understand wanting more room in the sig, but I think its fine. I'm not even sure if that can be changed.

Everyone's profile has an about me section, you could put any info you can't fit in the sig in there. -shrug.-

We actually talked about this. I think we're going to do that.

would need to be pretty strict though...

exchanging money between members could be an issue, even if it's done over PayPal.

anonymous people, taking money and disappearing type crap...

I don't think the site will be liable for anything that. It would be the precaution of the user. I'm actually about to work on that thread actually, since the issues.

Earlier I was on another userspace on my laptop and came on here not-logged-in, and I noticed that the Member Lounge and the Non-MCRmy threads are viewable if you don't have an account. And I wondered what was up with that, because I'd forgotten this is an Internet site, not a totally safe bubble of awesomeness and in-jokes, remembered somebody mentioning it and found this.

And I was wondering if anyone had thought about/discussed/made progress on making it more protected?

I sound like a worried parent. But I like it here and the thought that creepy things could happen freaks me out a little bit.

only like two sections are set to private when not logged on.

that should change, yes

Earlier I was on another userspace on my laptop and came on here not-logged-in, and I noticed that the Member Lounge and the Non-MCRmy threads are viewable if you don't have an account. And I wondered what was up with that, because I'd forgotten this is an Internet site, not a totally safe bubble of awesomeness and in-jokes, remembered somebody mentioning it and found this.

And I was wondering if anyone had thought about/discussed/made progress on making it more protected?

I sound like a worried parent. But I like it here and the thought that creepy things could happen freaks me out a little bit.

t'was me

http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?/topic/3630-improvements-to-the-board/page__view__findpost__p__298885

agree fully, particularly since we have a lot of young members, I think we're a magnet for the wrong sort of people...

How do you guys feel about the member titles? Somebody mentioned to me that they didn't think 500 posts is a lot to get a custom member title, so what do you think? More ranks? Different ranks? More posts to get a custom title? Or is it okay as it is?

More ranks, and totally more posts to get a custom member title! I like the ranks that are already though, they are cool :) but it's like a big thing to have 500 posts, and after that it's just nothing.

I agree with the privacy thing too! Although super private things shouldn't be shared, the member lounge should still be a place where only members are allowed in. That would be the meaning of the word, wouldn't it? When it comes to the gangs I think it could be private, cause that's a place where you might talk with people that are your real life friends and you plan meetups and stuff, but then, maybe it shouldn't be private in case guests want to know where they can find rmy members from their area? I don't know, just my thoughts :)

I wish we had a retro day where we had the color scheme of the TSN forum/boards

with that disgusting green color

ooooh, I miss it.

• Upvote 2

well the TSN boards were separate from the RMY since every street team was a sub forum.

so the RMY colors are pretty much the same as now.

I just miss the TSN boards like whoa.

More ranks, and totally more posts to get a custom member title! I like the ranks that are already though, they are cool :) but it's like a big thing to have 500 posts, and after that it's just nothing.

I agree with the privacy thing too! Although super private things shouldn't be shared, the member lounge should still be a place where only members are allowed in. That would be the meaning of the word, wouldn't it? When it comes to the gangs I think it could be private, cause that's a place where you might talk with people that are your real life friends and you plan meetups and stuff, but then, maybe it shouldn't be private in case guests want to know where they can find rmy members from their area? I don't know, just my thoughts :)

all of this is true.

if there's a post count in things like sister wives, then your post count rockets - 500 ain't enough!

and I've always thought that the member lounge should be kept private, people post their twitter links/facebook links etc - dunno seems a bit open... I agree that gangs could be open since that's meant to be the whole point of Rmy, but the rest of the member lounge could be safer than it is.

I'm not trying to stereotype anyone, but MCR has a large female fanbase and, as I'm sure the horrible outside world has taught us, that girls and the internet can be an easy target.

• Upvote 2

I'm up for almost having secret passwords for certain sections.....

They did with Yellowcard.

could also be way most fans hated the street team....