Tina

Improvements To The Board

Most of the locked threads are closed for a reason - so people can't reply to them. Then other threads get replied to, so the locked thread get pushed down through the pages and eventually people forget about it. A lot of the locked threads are things that may be relevant at that point in time, but will only cause trouble if they are on show all the time, so they're better left and forgotten about.

As for the second idea, I don't know if that's been discussed yet. I'll check with the other mods to see... I think on the old MCRmy a thread had to be shut if it got too long because it started to crash the system, but this system is much more sophisticated, so I don't know. If we did decide to do that, then we probably would have a "graveyard" for archive purposes.

Tina is that only one that has the authority to add/remove/change forums and subforums, but I definitely agree with you. I find that "Other Discussion" is 99% games anyway.

With threads getting too long, maybe we should start an unofficial limit to the number of posts in a thread? Once the thread reaches the limit, someone makes a second thread. Say 10,000?

And thank you for agreeing with me! To be honest, all we need to do is change the name.

With threads getting too long, maybe we should start an unofficial limit to the number of posts in a thread? Once the thread reaches the limit, someone makes a second thread. Say 10,000?

After discussion with the other mods, there is no limit to how long a thread can be yet. As I already mentioned, there was a limit before because the old site used to start glitching when the threads got too long.

Since this board is still relatively new, we don't really know what it's capable of withstanding (although I'm sure it's a hell of a lot more than the old one!), so we're not going to be shutting threads until we've tested this site's ability!

I think there should be an option to see your gender where you post.

<---

It's really annoying not seeing gender on the posts, or is that me just being pedantic?

There's an option to see it on your profile... but some people choose not to reveal their gender...

(I guess my opinion is, if you really want to know someone's gender, it's not that hard to go to their profile :P)

There's an option to see it on your profile... but some people choose not to reveal their gender...

(I guess my opinion is, if you really want to know someone's gender, it's not that hard to go to their profile :P)

I guess so :P

I've been mistakenly called a girl on numerous occasions :P

You can make it hard for spam bots to post by adding security measures, like passwords for sections. It's been done on other official band forums. But that's something for an admin to do. Mod's would not have that power.

That was the first. Its not as bad on here as it is on MyChemicalRomance.com... Spambots can create accounts there, and there was nothing Mikael could do when he set it up.

I know that this is not something mods can do, but it should be passed on somehow. I really think there needs to be a mobile version of the site. Or am i missing that?

Knew i was probably being an idiot. But its not showing on my phone haha

Dont see why site was italic. It may be a forum, but its a website. So site was a perfectly reasonable description =S

If by site, you mean these boards, then there already is a moblie version.

Really? :lol: Is that just for smart phones or can any phone with internet access get to it. Whenever I try and get on it, it lets me go as far as signing on, then when I try and sign on it crashes my phone and I have to restart it :(

I think it's still talk.mcrmy.com

I remember I went on the boards a few times over the summer on my weak-ass phone. xD

If you change the skin from MCRMY to IP.Board Mobile, you'll see what it looks like on phones. ^_^

well the description of the art corner is

Have art that you're proud of? Whether is MCR related or not, share it here!

and i guess it would be redundant to have two art subforums.

I don't see why it should be changed.

It's a forum where the MCRmy can share their art.

I guess if you want it to be more organized, sure.

Though, it's not hard to differentiate the MCR-related art from the rest since most of the titles and/or subtitles give it away.

So I don't think it's necessary.