Tina

Improvements To The Board

^ Agreed.

About the music player, I don't really see the necessity for it.

If you're wanting one for your own personal use, there's alwxys Youtube/iTunes for that.

Me personally, it annoys me if I go onto someone's profile and they have music. I'll be happily listening to my music, and then suddenly that gets invaded by whatever song that person has chosen.

What's worse is when you can't find a wxy to stop it, or the music player is hidden.

Then I tend to hit the back button and forget about what I was going to do.

• Upvote 1

I talked to Tina about the more SI/SH resources things. She said she didn't mind if we posted more as long as they are legitimate resources.

I'll contact Val tonight to see if she still has the list. :]

I think mods, should delete threads, rather than simply locking them. That causes clutter and wasted space.

There aren't a lot of locked threads around, are there?

Locked posts allow users to still see the thread, which can be helpful in letting the thread-starter see the reason for why it was locked. So I can see the point in choosing to lock a thread rather than delete it when the content isn't offensive.

I think mods, should delete threads, rather than simply locking them. That causes clutter and wasted space.

There aren't a lot of locked threads around, are there?

Locked posts allow users to still see the thread, which can be helpful in letting the thread-starter see the reason for why it was locked. So I can see the point in choosing to lock a thread rather than delete it when the content isn't offensive.

As Marie said, locking posts means that people can still read the information, but not reply to the thread. If a thread is inappropriate or has no use, it will normally be deleted straight away anyway.

I just went through each subforum and deleted any locked threads that had no use, but as for the ones I left, I'll leave that up to the moderator that closed the topic.

So basically, don't sell anything that uses 'My Chemical Romance' or 'MCRmy', even for charity (unless you have permission from Warner Brothers first).

The quote says not to PROFIT off of it, meaning the cost must be < or = the price to manufacture the product.

Unless the actual rules say it differently.

The quote says not to PROFIT off of it, meaning the cost must be < or = the price to manufacture the product.

Unless the actual rules say it differently.

Let us rephrase: You're not allowed to make money off it, whether or not it's a profit or a loss.

If it's a serious thing you want to do, contact WBR and MCR's management. That's the ethical and legal way.

^^ I agree.

If this were a different day and age where people didn't have to worry about that kind of thing, I'd be all for it, since I hate having no one around to go MCR crazy with me or do missions with and everything else.

But other people online can read all the topics, post, and information on this website without having to be an actual member (the "anonymous user"), so who knows who could be looking at that map too. /:

Such a shame, really.

^^Just saying- people who aren't members show up as "guests."

"Anonymous users" are members who checked "sign in anonymously" when they signed in :)

I want a ranking system so I can have an ego boost.

Hello, straylight! You're 12 out of 50000000 members!

^_^

basically.

There's a ranking with posts.

I'm guessing you mean one with rep.

I'm down with that.

I don't really have any new ideas. Well, there's this one idea, but it's pretty lame.

What if we had a kind of thread "graveyard"? Like a read-only forum where all of the locked posts go? It's strictly for organizational purposes...I dunno, locked threads seem out of place when I see them in forum sections.

Oh! That reminds me! I don't remember this being asked before(if it has, I'm sorry), is there a max number of pages a thread can have? Like if a thread reaches a certain amount of pages, would it get locked?

this is a pretty minor request but it is possible to get more smileys cos i've noticed that on other forums they have all the same smileys we have on here but loads more cool ones as well... ?

not sure if anyone has said this, but i like the idea of having a notification system on the board itself to let you know when someone replies/quotes a comment you wrote without having to subscribe to that thread.

not sure if anyone has said this, but i like the idea of having a notification system on the board itself to let you know when someone replies/quotes a comment you wrote without having to subscribe to that thread.

You can do that already :) Just go check your settings and you can change it to do that! (I just discovered it a bout a week ago XD )

You can do that already :) Just go check your settings and you can change it to do that! (I just discovered it a bout a week ago XD )

Oh thanks!:))

I love the idea of making a "Games and Stuff" sub-forum in MCR. There are things like the Keeper Thread and the Elimination Games that don't ignite much discussion, but don't fit anywhere else.

Also I have an idea for the future that would benefit from a "Games and Stuff" sub-forum, as it would use many different threads.

• Upvote 1

What if we had a kind of thread "graveyard"? Like a read-only forum where all of the locked posts go? It's strictly for organizational purposes...I dunno, locked threads seem out of place when I see them in forum sections.

Oh! That reminds me! I don't remember this being asked before(if it has, I'm sorry), is there a max number of pages a thread can have? Like if a thread reaches a certain amount of pages, would it get locked?

Most of the locked threads are closed for a reason - so people can't reply to them. Then other threads get replied to, so the locked thread get pushed down through the pages and eventually people forget about it. A lot of the locked threads are things that may be relevant at that point in time, but will only cause trouble if they are on show all the time, so they're better left and forgotten about.

As for the second idea, I don't know if that's been discussed yet. I'll check with the other mods to see... I think on the old MCRmy a thread had to be shut if it got too long because it started to crash the system, but this system is much more sophisticated, so I don't know. If we did decide to do that, then we probably would have a "graveyard" for archive purposes.

this is a pretty minor request but it is possible to get more smileys cos i've noticed that on other forums they have all the same smileys we have on here but loads more cool ones as well... ?

To my knowledge, this isn't possible. I think only Tina can figure that one out.

Just incase you haven't figured out how to do it yet, here's how:

My Settings > Notification Options and there are several options there. You can be notified via email, PM, mobile or inline notification (kind of like on facebook - a little pop-up appears).

Hope that helps :)

I love the idea of making a "Games and Stuff" sub-forum in MCR. There are things like the Keeper Thread and the Elimination Games that don't ignite much discussion, but don't fit anywhere else.

Also I have an idea for the future that would benefit from a "Games and Stuff" sub-forum, as it would use many different threads.

Tina is that only one that has the authority to add/remove/change forums and subforums, but I definitely agree with you. I find that "Other Discussion" is 99% games anyway.