Improvements To The Board

Tina

I still find," Other Discussions," to be frivolous and the argument for it weak. There is not a single topic in there that is out of place for the "Member Lounge" aka "General Chat"

Having sub-forums is great, when they are needed. Otherwise, it's just cluttering the forum and confusing your members. Thank you!

"other discussions" has more games and silly topics.

"member lounge" has more serious discussions.

that's what i find, anyway.

i do think there could be a better way of differentiating between the two, and some topics could be moved to make the difference more clear-cut.

• Upvote 1

"other discussions" has more games and silly topics.

"member lounge" has more serious discussions.

that's what i find, anyway.

i do think there could be a better way of differentiating between the two, and some topics could be moved to make the difference more clear-cut.

I agree. There is a difference, but it's very loosely defined.Many topics could belong in either forum, which makes finding things confusing.

I still feel Other Discussions would be better as a Game/Random forum.

Would it be possible to report inappropriate status updates or something? I get that people tweet whatever they want...but what if their Twitter account is connected to their MCRmy account & they have a tendency to tweet things that go against the board rules? To be honest, I'm a bit iffy with the whole Twitter-MCRmy account connection anyway. Then again, I'm not much of a tweeter, so that could be why...

• Upvote 2

Would it be possible to report inappropriate status updates or something? I get that people tweet whatever they want...but what if their Twitter account is connected to their MCRmy account & they have a tendency to tweet things that go against the board rules? To be honest, I'm a bit iffy with the whole Twitter-MCRmy account connection anyway. Then again, I'm not much of a tweeter, so that could be why...

I agree so much with this.

I saw another status update today that disgusted me, and again it was from Twitter.

I think some people forget that they have their account linked to the this website and tweet whatever their followers are used to, forgetting there are people on here that would be shocked at what they are posting.

It's only a few cases but still, cases that need to stay in the Twittersphere.

Also, I find that the limit on the amount of characters that a word has to have when searching for a topic slightly frustrating.

I appreciate that there are words that would obviously crop up too many times to search for, but the fact that any words that are under 4 characters get flagged makes it difficult to search for topics with those short words included.

• Upvote 1

I agree so much with this.

I saw another status update today that disgusted me, and again it was from Twitter.

I think some people forget that they have their account linked to the this website and tweet whatever their followers are used to, forgetting there are people on here that would be shocked at what they are posting.

It's only a few cases but still, cases that need to stay in the Twittersphere.

Also, I find that the limit on the amount of characters that a word has to have when searching for a topic slightly frustrating.

I appreciate that there are words that would obviously crop up too many times to search for, but the fact that any words that are under 4 characters get flagged makes it difficult to search for topics with those short words included.

Have you got the username of that person? As I said before, if you see an inappropriate status, report their profile and mention their status, and a mod will sort it.

I also find the 4 letter limit annoying, but I don't think it can be changed.

Have you got the username of that person? As I said before, if you see an inappropriate status, report their profile and mention their status, and a mod will sort it.

I also find the 4 letter limit annoying, but I don't think it can be changed.

Reported, thanks Kerry. ^_^

Yeah, I didn't think there was anything that could be done.

It's just annoying when you're specifically searching for a thread that has a three letter word in it, and having to find other wxys of looking for it. <_<

Reported, thanks Kerry. ^_^

It's just annoying when you're specifically searching for a thread that has a three letter word in it, and having to find other wxys of looking for it. <_<

Thanks for reporting it. I have sorted it and asked the user to disconnect her twitter account from here as it was the same person as last time <_<

For sure! I was searching for topics about Ray & had to use "Toro". :P

For most boards it's a default, I think. Probably to avoid words like "the", "and", etc...

Thanks for reporting it. I have sorted it and asked the user to disconnect her twitter account from here as it was the same person as last time <_<

No way! :o Hm...I'm guessing the user hasn't been active in a while.

There are loads of usernames that I've never seen on the Recent Sttus Updates & when I go on their profile, sure enough they only have a few posts and haven't logged in since March. So I'm guessing people connect their Twitter account to their MCRmy boards account, get bored of the boards, and forget all about their MCRmy boards account that echoes their every tweet.

Some forums have "cleaning sessions" every now & then where they delete accounts that haven't been active for a certain amount of time(a year, six months, 3 months, etc.) Are the MCRmy boards going to do this as well?

Oh wow. :blink:

I didn't see the other status, but knowing what she posted this time I'm betting it was along the same lines.

Yeah.. stuff like that needs to be kept to yourself.

Yeah, I agree. ^

I think there was a mad rush of people joining in March, and then people have just forgotten about the boards.

I don't think it would be so bad if it wasn't connected to Twitter.

But they are, and we've seen the consequences.

So a clean-out would be a good idea.

It's okay boards.

We still love you.

tumblr_lllafqMSYT1qd818k.gif

maybe also an alert on what posts of yours get negative and positive marks?

because I am vain and paranoid and needs to know this

*agrees with straylight*

if you go on some other band forums some of them have a section for this. On the green day community if you look on your profile there's a tab next to the status updates, about me, topics and posts that says reputation and it tells you who gave you rep on which posts or we could just have a notification thing. I don't really understand how people set up these boards :huh:

Some forums have "cleaning sessions" every now & then where they delete accounts that haven't been active for a certain amount of time(a year, six months, 3 months, etc.) Are the MCRmy boards going to do this as well?

Yeah, I agree. ^

I think there was a mad rush of people joining in March, and then people have just forgotten about the boards.

I don't think it would be so bad if it wasn't connected to Twitter.

But they are, and we've seen the consequences.

So a clean-out would be a good idea.

I don't think the mods/admins have discussed this, but at the moment I don't think we'll be doing this. If you join up to the Rmy, you're welcome back anytime, even if you forget about us for a while! Perhaps sometime in the future or if a large amount of users begins to affect the effeciency of the site we'll consider it, although that's really up to Tina :)

Okay, I just went through this thread, and I'm going to try to address everything that hasn't been already.

I really wish there wasn't so many different forums on this board, it makes keeping track on different thread a real pain in the ass.

I've given up on trying to navigate through them all and now I only use the "View New Content" page :mellow:

I don't know if you know or not, but you can watch a thread by clicking 'watch topic' at the top. You can then choose how and when you want to be notified that the thread has been updated. As ashketchum also mentioned earlier in the thread, you can receive a notification when somebody replies to your post by going My Settings > General Settings > Notification Options and then check 'notify me when someone quotes my posts'.

I'd like HTML code abilities like being able to do the hearts and symbols....

After experimenting, I've found this: ♥ does not work, but copying and pasting the symbol (♥) does work. Not ideal. However, number codes (e.g. & #9834 ; ) do work (♪), so if there is a number code for the hearts maybe that would work. I posted a list of codes I have that work here.

maybe also an alert on what posts of yours get negative and positive marks?

because I am vain and paranoid and needs to know this

I don't think it's possible to make this an option for users :/

I know this might seem trivial, but would it be possible for Mods to correct topic titles that have misspelled words? Incorrect spelling can make it hard to understand what the topic's about. Plus, if someone were to search for a topic(to avoid making another thread on the same subject), they might not be able to find it & make a thread that already exists.

It's kind of an eye-sore too.

Hm...maybe there should be a rule about vague topic titles as well?

Personally, I think I'm going to start correcting obvious spelling mistakes, not because I'm a grammar nazi (which I am), but because it makes it really difficult to search for something when it's spelt wrong. As for the vague topic titles, this is something I have noticed too. There have been so many threads named 'Help' or something equally pointless.

Anybody reading this, please put a topic title that explains the subject of the thread!

I've mentioned this multiple times in the meme thread before, but I think quoting whole image tags shouldn't be allowed, at least not in picture based threads. It makes threads confusing, overloaded and unnecessary long for new readers, don't you think?

I think this is a good point, I'll post a comment in the picture threads about this shortly (and steal the wxy you've phrased it too :P).

I think a note in the Rules and Regulation section about the copyright issues can to help the soldiers that gonna to start merch projects.

I know there have already been replies to this, and I think it's a great idea. Just in case anybody didn't see the reply, here's the rules on it:

That's correct- you cannot profit off of anything that uses My Chemical Romance or MCRmy. However, if you make a fan project or an MCRmy shirt for yourself or your MCRmy group/ team you can use it. But under no circumstances can you profit off of it.

So basically, don't sell anything that uses 'My Chemical Romance' or 'MCRmy', even for charity (unless you have permission from Warner Brothers first).

What if the 'Rules and Regulations' section appeared at the top of the forum? I only say this because it would be the first thing visible, as I find that not many people read the Rules sticky. I think this could be helpful for new members, because I've noticed that a lot of people aren't checking the rules in regards to searching before posting, etc.

I agree with this (only Tina has the power to move subforums). I worked out the other day that something like 11% of the users here have read the Rules and Regulations thread, which means that 89% haven't! If anybody has any ideas about how to get more people to read them, please post them here.

I think the SI section needs to be updated because those "tools" are pathetic. Val had tons and tons and tons of useful phone numbers, emails, links about information and so on.

but the section now seems like, we're too busy to care about you.

-_-

so, if more USEFUL info could be added, that would be amazing. Thanks.

I'm just going to reiterate this:

If you or Val have additional links and info, you should probably email Tina, post them here to be added, or post it in that section yourself since I don't think the mods will know exactly the kind of additional useful information you are asking for.

If you have that information saved somewhere, pass it onto one of the mods/admins and we'll try to add it.

why is there no music player?

What do you mean? Like on your profile or something? Wow, this board does a lot already, like seriously a lot. Especially compared to the TSN MCRmy where basically everything was broken in some wxy, shape or form. This board doesn't have the features for a music player I believe, but it has got pretty awesome stuff instead.

Uhh, that took a while.