Improvements To The Board

Tina

Yeah but I think it's an unnecessary mention that will draw people away/make some feel weird.

Like a lot of people here are from the old rmy and fine whatever, they knew that psycho but not everyone, so to see that, is really like, wow, really?

just think people, whould love to be here, get scared away. if I didn't know the story and read that, I'd never post.

Regarding any inactivity that may have been sensed with the mods:

I was asked by Shell to post here to let you guys know that she is having, and has had for a while, account problems that she cannot fix. We all know she would be here if she actually had the ability to log on.

With hope, that will be fixed soon!

I know this might seem trivial, but would it be possible for Mods to correct topic titles that have misspelled words? Incorrect spelling can make it hard to understand what the topic's about. Plus, if someone were to search for a topic(to avoid making another thread on the same subject), they might not be able to find it & make a thread that already exists.

It's kind of an eye-sore too.

Hm...maybe there should be a rule about vague topic titles as well?

• Upvote 1

After the Not-MCRmy forums were changed around, a LOT of threads are now technically in the wrong forum. General Discussion and Member Lounge are filled with threads that should be in Entertainment, and there are quite a few threads in Member Lounge or General Discussion that would be more fitting in the opposite forum. I don't know whether I should report all the misplaced threads or if a mod should just make note to go through and reoganize those sections. It's kind of a mess.

Also there's a mistake in the description for the My Chemical Romance Discussion forum. It says "All posts relating to MCRmy should be posted in the MCR Discussion section!" but that should be "MCRmy Discussion"

I know this might seem trivial, but would it be possible for Mods to correct topic titles that have misspelled words? Incorrect spelling can make it hard to understand what the topic's about. Plus, if someone were to search for a topic(to avoid making another thread on the same subject), they might not be able to find it & make a thread that already exists.

It's kind of an eye-sore too.

Hm...maybe there should be a rule about vague topic titles as well?

I've fixed a few that are too vague, but -- as far as spelling goes -- we usually only correct it if the user who posts it wants it fixed.

After the Not-MCRmy forums were changed around, a LOT of threads are now technically in the wrong forum. General Discussion and Member Lounge are filled with threads that should be in Entertainment, and there are quite a few threads in Member Lounge or General Discussion that would be more fitting in the opposite forum. I don't know whether I should report all the misplaced threads or if a mod should just make note to go through and reoganize those sections. It's kind of a mess.

Also there's a mistake in the description for the My Chemical Romance Discussion forum. It says "All posts relating to MCRmy should be posted in the MCR Discussion section!" but that should be "MCRmy Discussion"

I (and I'm sure any of the mods who read this) will have a look over those tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up.

The forum description looks like a job for SUPER TINA!

Er-... I'm sleepy. xD!

I (and I'm sure any of the mods who read this) will have a look over those tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up.

The forum description looks like a job for SUPER TINA!

Er-... I'm sleepy. xD!

I already went through the first two pages of Member Lounge a few days ago and moved some threads to Entertainment. I'll go back and do some moving around when I get home from work later, unless it's already been done :)

Edit: Just went through every single page of Member Lounge and Other Discussions. If you see anymore, just report them.

I do miss the MCRmy board specific missions. Well, at least the old boards were seen as the official street team, while I don't know if these new boards are just a board or the street team. I liked those missions and points and prizes. I always tried to do all the missions! (I still do the ones that get posted by MCRmy on twitter and stuff)

*agrees w/ Carrie*

I think a note in the Rules and Regulation section about the copyright issues can to help the soldiers that gonna to start merch projects.

I definitely agree with this. I'm not 100% certain what the rules are regarding that - I know you can't use the logo, but I don't know if you can write 'MCRmy' (in a different font or what have you)...

What if the 'Rules and Regulations' section appeared at the top of the forum? I only say this because it would be the first thing visible, as I find that not many people read the Rules sticky. I think this could be helpful for new members, because I've noticed that a lot of people aren't checking the rules in regards to searching before posting, etc.

• Upvote 2

If your worry about copyright laws just mention the websites that have fair use images,

I think the SI section needs to be updated because those "tools" are pathetic. Val had tons and tons and tons of useful phone numbers, emails, links about information and so on.

but the section now seems like, we're too busy to care about you.

-_-

so, if more USEFUL info could be added, that would be amazing. Thanks.

What if the 'Rules and Regulations' section appeared at the top of the forum? I only say this because it would be the first thing visible, as I find that not many people read the Rules sticky. I think this could be helpful for new members, because I've noticed that a lot of people aren't checking the rules in regards to searching before posting, etc.

I second this! If it is able to be moved that would be wonderful.

I think the SI section needs to be updated because those "tools" are pathetic. Val had tons and tons and tons of useful phone numbers, emails, links about information and so on.

[...]

so, if more USEFUL info could be added, that would be amazing. Thanks.

If you or Val have additional links and info, you should probably email Tina, post them here to be added, or post it in that section yourself since I don't think the mods will know exactly the kind of additional useful information you are asking for

I definitely agree with this. I'm not 100% certain what the rules are regarding that - I know you can't use the logo, but I don't know if you can write 'MCRmy' (in a different font or what have you)...

I'm not 100% certain either, but I think when this came up on the old boards, we were told that you can't legally sell anything that says MCRmy or My Chemical Romance at all

I'm not 100% certain either, but I think when this came up on the old boards, we were told that you can't legally sell anything that says MCRmy or My Chemical Romance at all

That's correct- you cannot profit off of anything that uses My Chemical Romance or MCRmy. However, if you make a fan project or an MCRmy shirt for yourself or your MCRmy group/ team you can use it. But under no circumstances can you profit off of it.