Improvements To The Board

Tina

I wouldn't mind if we switched out inactive mods with members who would be more active.

I'm not blaming the mods for having lives. Laurie has done a fantastic job, she should get some kind of recognition perhaps. But there are members who are willing to put in the time and can.

I do miss the MCRmy board specific missions. Well, at least the old boards were seen as the official street team, while I don't know if these new boards are just a board or the street team. I liked those missions and points and prizes. I always tried to do all the missions! (I still do the ones that get posted by MCRmy on twitter and stuff)

• Upvote 3

idk if this can be done but the limits on the avatar and sig size are ridiculously small.

I asked about the siggy image size in another topic before. =<

It's a real hassle to split up an image because it's a little bigger than the size limit.

Maybe the avatar sizes should be a little bigger? I believe most avatars are made to be 100x100. Personally, I make 'em 98x98. :P

On another band forum I'm on, some users have like three massive pictures as there signature and you have to scroll down half the page just to get to the next post <_<

I hate that so much. Avatar and Sig limits are good.

I'm happy we get to have avatars and signatures at all on these boards. It's so fancy compared to TSN.

I think some kind of notification when someone quotes you would be cool. I don't like flipping back and forth to threads I casually posted in to see if anyone replied to my post specifically.

You can. Go to your settings--->Notification Options---->"Notify me when somebody quotes my post" (choose e-mail, PM, Inline Notification or Mobile)

If you choose inline notification, it will create a little pop-up on your screen when you're on the boards immediately when somebody quotes your post.

You can. Go to your settings--->Notification Options---->"Notify me when somebody quotes my post" (choose e-mail, PM, Inline Notification or Mobile)

If you choose inline notification, it will create a little pop-up on your screen when you're on the boards immediately when somebody quotes your post.

TIL. Thanks.

On another band forum I'm on, some users have like three massive pictures as there signature and you have to scroll down half the page just to get to the next post <_<

Oh I'm not saying the limit should be made huge. I just think it'd be better if they were a little bigger. I think the avatar size should go from 90x90 to 100x100 because I believe that is the default size avatars are made.

As for the signature size, from what I've seen around other forums, people like to make a kind of "block signature".

example.gif

Like this.

I find 300 pixels not wide enough to make one of these "block signatures". I think 500 would be better. The height I'm only a little iffy with because it's the same height as an avatar. I wouldn't make it more than 150.

Edit: I just realized that I got the dimensions reversed.

It's 100 width x 300 height.

Yeah, no, I don't think that works. =/

This is the signature limit for pictures:

test.gif

I've maybe seen one signature like that my whole life. Maybe the dimensions were meant to be 100 height x 300 width ?

Ehh, even so, I think it should be 100(or 150) height x 500 width.

The avatar limit is actually due to the template of the board. I'd hesitate to make it larger. As for sigs, it makes the board a lot easier to read if there aren't photo after photo stacked on top of each other.

Point System- this board doesn't have a point system. The reason we moved to this tumblr/ message board system was because TSN had A LOT of issues. Tumblr has more freedom in that its not a closed system. MCRmy that wants to just drop by and complete missions could. Its VERY easy to update. Also, its really expensive to run on a street team system like TSN.

The avatar limit is actually due to the template of the board. I'd hesitate to make it larger. As for sigs, it makes the board a lot easier to read if there aren't photo after photo stacked on top of each other.

Point System- this board doesn't have a point system. The reason we moved to this tumblr/ message board system was because TSN had A LOT of issues. Tumblr has more freedom in that its not a closed system. MCRmy that wants to just drop by and complete missions could. Its VERY easy to update. Also, its really expensive to run on a street team system like TSN.

Understood.

Is there any way to make it so users are able to see what posts of theirs were given positive/negative rep? Kinda like the quote notification?

Also, are there any plans for sub-forums in the future? Like a music sub-forum in the Entertainment section? Or are there not enough topics on the subject to make it necessary for sub-forums?

I like knowing so much on who is giving you rep. like what posts and what not, like stated of above.

and I'm glad we have a new mod!

But I still think that getting rid mods who haven't been active, should be replaced by more willing members like Marie (zombieserande) and sexy. They're everything a mod should be like Laurie and droprgedagger lady

^_^

I think i read somewhere in this thread that there should be a section so newbies can introduce themselves. I know we have that one thread where everybody introduces themselves, but it seems a bit cluttered and a section dedicated just for that would make it easier. People could make their own threads when they first join and we welcome them and what not. idk just a thought~

Understood.

Is there any way to make it so users are able to see what posts of theirs were given positive/negative rep? Kinda like the quote notification?

Also, are there any plans for sub-forums in the future? Like a music sub-forum in the Entertainment section? Or are there not enough topics on the subject to make it necessary for sub-forums?

i agree with everything in this post

another forum i'm on has both of these, and it's really great.

the sub-forums will make the place a bit more organized.

could we possibly lose the, "No posts about self- harm allowed!" from the description to members lounge?

it bothers me.

1, It's already included in the rules and has a separate section where it stated again (with poor help materials) and is a pointless and redundant statement. We know. We get it. We agree.

2, makes us all sound like three kinds of people, psycho attention seekers or seriously disturbed people or wounded teens.

3, It just is such a negative thing to include when you want people to feel "good" and post and meet new people

if I was that on another forum, I'd leave the board after I read that.

• Upvote 2