Tina

Improvements To The Board

Killjoys!

Now that the board has been up for awhile, i wanted to get some of your comments on how to improve this place?

For example, are their forum sections that need to be modified, are their rules i need to clarify or add?

what would make this place friendlier/ more welcoming for you?

Are we, the mod team addressing your needs/ concerns? Do you think we need more mods?

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thank you so much!

I'm being annoying here, probably, but a lot of the posts on this forum are back-and-forth things that you don't see coming. Some people also might think single-line posts are too short... Do you think it would be worthwhile to put in a little Shoutbox or something at the top of the page? (I'm not sure what others think about it. It could be just me!)

I also think the "Not MCRmy" section is a bit confusing. "Randomness" seems more along the lines of "Forum Games" to me, which is probably where everything of the sort (Continue the song, count the posts, etc) seems to go. Either that, or we might need our own "Forum Games" section, haha? Perhaps there should be a Roleplay section, too, but then... I don't know how many 'Roleplay' threads there are.

The mods seem to be doing a great job right now, and aside from me being picky or questioning, everything's great! If you think the forums are good and nobody else thinks my ideas are good ones, they're probably right. Either way, this place is awesome to hang out in. :3

I think switching out inactive mods with new ones would be good. We don't NEED constant moderation but there are threads that get created enough that could be taken care of faster. I suggest Marie as mod because she is everything a mod is/should be. zombiesereande.

aand I think also think NOT MCR and Randomness are the same thing, so maybe combine those into one? They have no real difference.

ETA

yeah. the mods have been good , just notice that a few have been working harder than others?

I agree with combining the Non-MCRmy boards, simply because they are very similar.

I want to note that the mods are very good with merging topics when there are several of the same subject. It must get tiring, but they're very quick to it, which helps to keep the boards organized. That's basically one of the only things that is frustrating, when users don't search before opening a new topic, because I've noticed some users have gotten negative rep for redirecting people to an already existing thread.

i also think the two non-mcrmy boards could be improved. since "randomness" seems to be mostly forum games, it could be renamed to that. there could also be different subcategories within non-mcrmy, eg. "other bands," "tv," "news," "personal help," etc. etc. but that might get too confusing and detailed.

otherwise, i really love the forums here, and all of the mods have been awesome.

I agree with rachelescent. I think merging the 'Non-MCRmy Discussion' and 'Randomness' would create too much confusion. They are probably the two most frequented sub-forums, therefore people post in different threads all the time, meaning threads would get pushed back to the second and third pages of the sub-forum really quickly (if that made any sense?). It would make more sense to make more specific sub-forums (e.g. games, bands/tv/films).

I think the moderators are doing a great job, I really can't praise them enough. If there is a problem, it's normally seen to rather quickly.

One thing I have noticed (this isn't really a problem) is that there are never any moderators online until about 2pm GMT because the majority of moderators are based in the US. I usually come online before I go out, say 10am GMT, and if there is a problem like spam or an inappropriate thread, it can take a while for it to get sorted. Please don't think I'm complaining about the moderators; I understand that they need to sleep, and I don't expect them to stay up until stupid O'Clock just to check here! It may be worth getting a moderator from somewhere in Europe, who would be online whilst the US is sleeping.

Other than that, I honestly can't think of anything right now. This is a great forum, and I'm just grateful that MCRmy 2.0 works!

thanks for the feedback everyone! Nice to see that most things are working. i'll address the confusing forum issue. i think it will be helpful to make some more clear cut sections as well. keep the feedback coming! Its nice to get some of the kinks out of the way.

I agree with combining the Non-MCRmy boards, simply because they are very similar.

I want to note that the mods are very good with merging topics when there are several of the same subject. It must get tiring, but they're very quick to it, which helps to keep the boards organized. That's basically one of the only things that is frustrating, when users don't search before opening a new topic, because I've noticed some users have gotten negative rep for redirecting people to an already existing thread.

I'll address this. i agree it would be extremely helpful if people are more specific when naming their topics

I think the two "general discussion" threads should be remained to something less confusing

I think Member Lounge and Other Discussions are still pretty much the same thing. Possibly just consolidate them as one General Discussions section and add a Gaming section for all of the game & spam threads?

I also think the two "General Discussion" boards under My Chemical Romance and MCRmy are causing confusion. There are misplaced topics posted there constantly. It would be clearer if they were named something like "MCR Discussion" and "MCRmy Discussion"

• Upvote 1

I think Member Lounge and Other Discussions are still pretty much the same thing. Possibly just consolidate them as one General Discussions section and add a Gaming section for all of the game & spam threads?

I also think the two "General Discussion" boards under My Chemical Romance and MCRmy are causing confusion. There are misplaced topics posted there constantly. It would be clearer if they were named something like "MCR Discussion" and "MCRmy Discussion"

This.

Question: Is it against the rules To Post a video of the band members Engaging In violence, Cause i found this great video of Frank, Gerard And Ray Kicking These Guys Asses And I posted It on here, And I Think it got deleted. So Is their like a rule against this Cause if so I was Unaware and i'm sorry

Question: Is it against the rules To Post a video of the band members Engaging In violence, Cause i found this great video of Frank, Gerard And Ray Kicking These Guys Asses And I posted It on here, And I Think it got deleted. So Is their like a rule against this Cause if so I was Unaware and i'm sorry

You should probably pm a mod directly, or ask in the rules section, rather than here. This thread doesn't have much to do with what is against the rules or not, and the mod who deleted your thread may not see your post here.

My guess is that video would probably be inappropriate, I can't imagine the discussion about it going anywhere good.

I don't understand how a question like can be asked. MCR is against violence , even if that video is in jest, to upload it would be in bad taste

I don't understand how a question like that can be asked. MCR is against violence , even if that video is in jest, to upload it would be in bad taste

I'm not really sure this is necessary, but I remember on the old boards there was a 'Newbie' subforum. There's been a few threads like that that I've seen around, so maybe there could be a place for new members to introduce themselves? Maybe a pinned thread in the Members Lounge.

I'm not really sure this is necessary, but I remember on the old boards there was a 'Newbie' subforum. There's been a few threads like that that I've seen around, so maybe there could be a place for new members to introduce themselves? Maybe a pinned thread in the Members Lounge.

I agree. An Introductions sticky or subforum could be useful.

It was reported, and I deleted it because its inappropriate, and it violates the personal life rule because it doesn't have to do with them being in the band.

More of a question than suggestion, but what happened to the points system and prizes from completing missions like the old board had?

Will that be coming back?

I don't mind the avtar size limit. Having ones too much would make the boards awkward,

I think everyone really hates the size limits on pictures, it should atuomatically resize the picture, or reduce the quality until it meets requirements. Also i would like to upload pictures from my computer when replying, rather than having to find one on the internet. (like, be able to upload a picture from my desktop in this post)

I think everyone really hates the size limits on pictures, it should atuomatically resize the picture, or reduce the quality until it meets requirements. Also i would like to upload pictures from my computer when replying, rather than having to find one on the internet. (like, be able to upload a picture from my desktop in this post)

You can, just click 'Use Full Editor' and underneath the box where you type, there should be an option to attach pictures from your computer :) However, it's limited to 500k per user, which for me was only five or six photos.