Does Anyone Else Feel Like

Does anyone else feel like that 'First love' feeling is fading? I mean, I remember I used to live, breath, and speak MCR. Now, they're still my favorite band, but that feeling, that obsession if you will, is gone. Does anyone get what I'm saying? I mean, I've been a fan for six years, pretty close to half my life. (I'm fifteen, and I've been a fan since third grade) Again, they're still my favorite band, and I still love them just as much, if not more, but I don't know...

I completely know where youre coming from. Back in 06 and 07 you couldn't pull me off the Rmy for anything. I was constamtly googling new info. I think my problem is that now I feel like I've grown up with the band and new info is hard to come by about the band. I know I don't know everything. I still love the band with the same passion. But the whole "first love" feeling is fading. Now istead of like that "new" feeling its more like home. For me.. If that makes sense :blink:

That's how fandoms work. You're totally obsessed for awhile, and then it starts to fade and it take a back burner to whatever you enjoy now, or just because you lose interest. That's how life works sometimes. You're growing up ;D I'm 21, and I'm definitely not as into RPing, Gaia, and anime as I used to be.

Not at all. I got into My Chem in...9th Grade, I'm 22 in 2 months, and I still love them as much as I did when I first heard them. I have two My Chem tattoos, though, so when I look down and see them, I remember my love and appreciation. And every time I listen to them, Revenge especially, my heart bursts. It's not wrong to let go of something a bit, especially because I think everybody gets past the stage of obsession, especially as you grow up, because you have a lot of other things in your life that need your attention too, right? It's normal.

Not at all. I got into My Chem in...9th Grade, I'm 22 in 2 months, and I still love them as much as I did when I first heard them. I have two My Chem tattoos, though, so when I look down and see them, I remember my love and appreciation. And every time I listen to them, Revenge especially, my heart bursts. It's not wrong to let go of something a bit, especially because I think everybody gets past the stage of obsession, especially as you grow up, because you have a lot of other things in your life that need your attention too, right? It's normal.

I know exactly what you mean. I became a major fan of MCR when I was 13. I'm now 18, and I love them just as much as when I first heard Helena. I may not have been a fan from RIGHT at the very start, but the second I heard Helena and saw the video I knew I was hooked. I finally got to see them for the first time this past December, and if anything seeing them live increased how much that band means to me.

I understand where your coming from .. you change but they will alway be your roots :lol:

I love Mcr music and meaning but I'm not obsessive like most of my friends were. I started to listen to them when I was 11 and it was a great outlet from all the shit that was going on then. Half my friends who where huge fans back in 2005 hate them now,,,:l which suck because i have no one to related to at school :mellow:

I know what you mean. For the past couple of years i haven't felt like that like before it was like an obsession. Until i saw them in NYC recently and i was reminded of how much i loved them. Especially when they played Vampires i could have cried lol. Yeah, it's like someone mentioned before it's kinda part of growing up i guess. You have so much more things to focus on that you cant just sit at the computer and obsess over them anymore. So yeah, it's normal. But seeing them live and listening to the older songs always brings back that feeling. it's still there your just paying attention to a bunch of other stuff at least that's how i see it.

the same happened to me for other bands. for MCR it seems i fell in love with them when i was about 14, then lost track for a few yrs, while they still meant a lot to me i had other things that needed my attention more (school, family, general growing up). then Danger Days came out and at the age of 23 that spark has been rekindled and im loving it!

I love MCR as much now as I ever did but I understand what you mean. I sometimes think surely I must be too old to still be into this band as much as I am, and I wonder if the day when I stop loving them as much will come. I don’t think it will, I’ve last nearly 8 years I think I can keep going.

"If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

— J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

i understand what you mean. for me, it comes in waves. when i listen to an album over again, or see them live, it's like falling in love all over again. but when that fades, it's still "home," like Dead!_516 said.

same with harry potter- i've been a hp fan for ten or eleven years. when a movie comes out, i become obsessed. but more often it's just a comforting appreciation.

I know what you mean. I became a fan at the odd age of 10 (Weird. I know) And by the time I was thirteen I couldn't really listen to them anymore. But after Danger Days came out, it feels like now theres...new stuff to obsess over, ya know? I'll probably fall back into the "they're my favorite band, but I'm not obsessed" catagory in a couple months.

This is how I feel about My Chemical Romance right now. They're not my favorite band anymore, and my interest in them has almost entirely faded. This happens with other bands as well too, but it's just MCR now. I will always have a spot for them in my heart, because they were the first band that I was technically 'obsessed' with no matter what though.

Pretty much everything I am a huge fan of has huge waves of being completly obsessed and then it burns out for a while. With MCR I tend to listen to them a lot, stop for a few months, then listen to them alot. Its a never ending cylce but they always remain my favorite band.

Mmhmm. I understand as well. I used to be absolutely obsessed with My Chemical Romance, and then around 2009 or so they just kind of got put on the backburner. They were still my favorite band of all time, but I just didn't feel like I "needed" them the same way I did when I was younger. However, when Danger Days came out, everything changed. It breathed new life into my obsession, and now I'm listening to all the songs, old and new, with brand new eyes and more love than ever before.

Between The Black Parade and Danger Days, I'm not going to lie, it died down for me a lot. First it was the fanatic obsession fading away, and then slowly it kind of got to a point where I really only listened to them when they came up on my iPod shuffle and I was in the mood to listen to them. Then when Danger Days came out, I felt bad, almost ashamed, for having that period, after such a strong obsession with them before, and it renewed that feeling that I had before. Even during that period, even though I didn't listen to them all the time, they were still my favorite band. I think they always will be, it's kind of like they've grown to be a part of me and will always be there no matter where I go. Like the others said, I think it's natural for things to die down. And it doesn't mean that you love the band any less. Plus, having an obsession can be tiresome, you have to rest, haha.

My obsession is actually bigger than ever. It died down a little during the wait for Danger Days, but once they came back, the love came back stronger than ever. Maybe I am still on a high from seeing them the other day, but overall, I love them even more which I didn't think was possible.

It's kind of like a hobby by now. Not just the music, like tumblr, facebook, this, twitter, all those things that I check every day. It's more of loving the community than being obsessed with the band by now. I still love them, but It's not like they're the only thing I listen to anymore.

the same happened to me for other bands. for MCR it seems i fell in love with them when i was about 14, then lost track for a few yrs, while they still meant a lot to me i had other things that needed my attention more (school, family, general growing up). then Danger Days came out and at the age of 23 that spark has been rekindled and im loving it!

Some of my relationship with MCR has been similar. For me, I have about five bands who are my favorite, but only have that deep obsession with 2-3 of them. What I am most obsessed versus comforted by depends heavily on who is releasing music, it's hard to remain constantly focusing on a group when there is no new music coming out. Especially with the long wait from black parade, I'm sure you can all understand that. So for me, my MCR love is back and better than ever, but my deep killers obsession has had to go on the back burner for a while since they haven't put out a new album since 2008. That's how things to tend to cycle with my music and I'm sure it's similar for some of you. It's not as though i don't listed to the music, but I don't have the same fervor, because if you go like that for too long with nothing new, you'll wear yourself out.

I got into them when I was about 13 or 14 and they saved me. I fell in love with them, and I can still feel it at 18. The 'obsession' is not as strong, but the love is definitely still there. I am one of those fans who would do anything, say anything, or give up anything for them. I am almost 100% sure that I always will be.

Musical tastes change and people grow up, but we always remember our first love :)

I still obsessed but it's kinda different

If i find the right ppl i can talk about MyChem for hours XD

I just ...well i'm older and dont have much time... it's actually really limitated since i'm in med skool ...but u see since the Rmy.com came back i've been here at least weekly ...I thought my love had faded...

but the Rmy renewed it...i agree with some of u who said it isnt new anymore, it's like home...

It's a part of me...

I know that the day i´ll be finally able to be in a show will be The Best Day Ever :D and i'll be so obsessed XD

I had a "dissobsession" when MCR took a break... then when my best friend died 3 cheers got a reinforced new meaning for me...and the DD came out ...and now i'm addicted to DD

but i miss my 3 cheers addicted days xD it was fun xD

anyrays, my point is that since we all are growing up, maybe taste changes, maybe it's time and obligations...

Archived