Eminem

neonscreamout

Anyone like Eminem?

I really do. I don't know why exactly, there's just something about him. I'm not talking about like the shit with Rihanna or Not Afraid, but older stuff. He's really talented, and it sort of gets my anger out to listen to him. Yeah, some stuff is fucked up (Stay Wide Awake, Same Song&Dance, Kim) But I just find him... soothing I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqmH493JEpA

Woo Eminem thread! :D

I thought Recovery was pretty good, Relapse definitely could have been better, but neither of them compare to the old stuff. My favorite song is probably Like Toy Soldiers, actually. It's just so freaking good. Songs like Mockingbird and Stan make me wanna cry, but they're amazing too.

I love him cause he raps about life, not just getting money or fucking bitches or dancing in da club or whatever that shit is most people rap about these days.

Eminem is one of the few rappers I like, but i think that's just cuz I live right outside the city(detroit). You kind of have to like him and Kid Rock if you live around here. they are both amazing guys(though I've never seen them live, or met them) they do a lot for the city, Em does more through his music, and Kid Rock does a like with the money he's made from his music(well the money that's not in his stripper budget :P ).

I took a class from a guy who teaches another class on punk rock, and we got into a discussion about how eminem is the punk rocker of rap. I won, advocating him. he really is something different, and even though some things make you uncomfortable, what is the purpose of art but to aggravate your sense of comfort, make you check yourself and your ideals? he doesn't rap about money and bitches and shit. that's not our generation's rebellion. he brings real life to the table, and in any art form, that is a bold and necessary tactic to the progression of culture, and the constant revolution in which the world should be. there are a few others like him, but not to the same degree. as a poet, I really respect this guy, and as a fan, I honestly admire him.

• 2 months later...

I got the slim shady LP (an imported copy) in 1999 and never looked back. I have love for Eminem.

I think alot of his earlier stuff is his best stuff, I enjoy the slim shady and marshall Mathers LP the most - dark stuff but throughly entertaining. I like to disregard alot of the D12 stuff though - well apart from the song 'fight music' I like that song. I think Eminem is a lyrical genius.

Archived