Vinyl!

Guitarmanjake

I have all my mom's old records (which is A LOT), which are pretty eclectic, and I share records with my sister from time to time. She has some Misfits vinyl, some Canadian old-school hardcore random records, Sunny Day Real Estate, Iron and Wine,etc. I grew up with a lot of vinyl in the house, so it's still something I'm really into.

i have my mom and dad's old collections, though they have some of the same stuff. i bought the black parade vinyl but haven't gotten around to getting the others which sucks. i agree with mettesaurusrex, the sound quality is so much better on a record than on a cd. i remember somebody told me it was because of the fact that cds used 0s and 1s...

• 1 month later...

Anyone have a copy of The Black Parade on vinyl?

I recently got into vinyl but had wanted to get certain albums on vinyl for a while. I finally got Danger Days on vinyl recently and must say it's beautiful packaging :D I love the images they chose and hope that one day our boys might sign it

I love vinyl - my mom used to play records all the time when I was a kid.

Unfortunately, despite her resisting cassettes/CDs as long as humanly possible, when she finally transitioned to CDs/etc., she sold our record player, so now I've inherited her box of records and have nothing to play them on, lolz. I've been in the market for a good but reasonably priced record player for ages. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, despite her resisting cassettes/CDs as long as humanly possible, when she finally transitioned to CDs/etc., she sold our record player, so now I've inherited her box of records and have nothing to play them on, lolz. I've been in the market for a good but reasonably priced record player for ages. Any suggestions?

vinyl is amazing!! DD is incredible to hear on vinyl and the packaging is even more beautiful than the CD, I highly recommend getting it :) The one I'm currently pining for getting is the new fleet foxes, since I don't have it in any medium and think it will sound beautiful on vinyl.

Any other vinyl fans out there??? :lol:

Buy a used one online, for sure! Also, if you buy a smaller one that doesn't come with all the bells and whistles, it'll be a lot cheaper.

I have a small collection, mostly punk records... I do like the sound better than CDs, it's more raw I feel like. But like I'll only get them if I'm at a yard sale/flea market, or if I'm going to a record store for a show or something. I don't really go out of my way to find them. CDs are so much cheaper and easier to find, IMO.

lol I got distracted because someone is blasting "Just Like Heaven" from their car outside...OMG it's the GARBAGE MAN! hahahaha

Buy a used one online, for sure! Also, if you buy a smaller one that doesn't come with all the bells and whistles, it'll be a lot cheaper.

That's good advice, I don't own a record player but am hoping that one day I can get one. My close friend owns a record player so we listen to vinyl whenever we're together, but I wish I could listen to the records I have more often

Yep. I only have three vinyls, and all three are MCR albums: Bullets, Revenge, and The Black Parade. I'll eventually buy Danger Days on vinyl as well, but I don't have the spare money to afford it currently.

My parents are DJ's and have been for quite some time now, so all of their music collection at one point was vinyls. They sold all of their vinyls though and replaced them with CDs since that's what advances in technology demanded. They probably had some really great vinyls too :/ They definitely had classics since DJing demands that.

Yep. I only have three vinyls, and all three are MCR albums: Bullets, Revenge, and The Black Parade. I'll eventually buy Danger Days on vinyl as well, but I don't have the spare money to afford it currently.

I only have two MCR albums on vinyl now :) I have DD and Record Store Day vinyl of NA NA NA and Zero Percent. I'm going to break down and get Three Cheers and TBP deluxe boxset soon. I'm going to prioritize Three Cheers though, since it seems harder to come by. They put out Bullets on vinyl?? I don't think I've ever seen this sold online, where did you find it?

• 3 weeks later...

I only have two MCR albums on vinyl now :) I'm going to break down and get Three Cheers and TBP deluxe boxset soon. I'm going to prioritize Three Cheers though, since it seems harder to come by. They put out Bullets on vinyl?? I don't think I've ever seen this sold online, where did you find it?

Me got the deluxe BP box set- by luck. Got DD right after it came out. Those are the only three vinyl records from current times we have- and they're all mine. I

My mom got out her records one day after school while I was in high school and listened to her .45s that she keeps in hers and my dad's closet. It was a really cool experience. She has the one with MJ's "ABC" song. The larger vinyls are in the living room. Don't have the turntable available cuz it's hooked up to the computer...so I can't listen to DD yet. I hope vinyls never go away though...

We have more CDs than anything though. I have 61 on display in my room and about 20 others not on display in organized boxes. There's probably about 100 in the garage of country, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s music. Mine is mainly mid/late 90s-2011.

Here's something funny- I have DD on CD, vinyl AND digital copy on my computer(from buying a pair of tickets on the MCR.com presale)! 3 ways lol :lol:

I try to collect vinyl of my favorite bands, like MCR, Coheed, Manic Street Preachers, etc.

Yep- the box set. Got it at Hot Topic by CHANCE. I swear I saw Bullets once but didn't get it cuz I had a different priority. Think I saw the Desolation Row vinyl once too, but that was ages ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Vinyls and I have a pretty big collection of MCR Vinyls. :) Once you start collecting, it's just like an addiction... And I think the sound is so much different from CDs!

So far I have:

Albums:

- Three Cheers vor Sweet Revenge (Red Vinyl)

- The Black Parade (2 LPs Edition)

- The Black Parade (Special Edition, Box)

- Danger Days (Colored Vinyl)

Singles:

- Thank you for the Venom

- I'm not Okay

- Helena

- The Ghost of you

- Welcome to the Black Parade (V1 and V2)

- Teenagers (V1 and V2)

- I don't love you (V1 and V2)

- Teenagers (V1 and V2)

- Famous last Words (V1 and V2)

- Nanana

Still searching for a lot of stuff, but sadly, my money is not endless. ;)

Me got the deluxe BP box set- by luck. Got DD right after it came out.

Here's something funny- I have DD on CD, vinyl AND digital copy on my computer(from buying a pair of tickets on the MCR.com presale)! 3 ways lol :lol:

I have DD and ordered the deluxe BP boxset from their website last week. I can't wait for it to come in the mail!!

Is it everything I've ever dreamed of? :D

I love Vinyls and I have a pretty big collection of MCR Vinyls. :) Once you start collecting, it's just like an addiction... And I think the sound is so much different from CDs!

That is so impressive!! How did you find them? Were the singles hard to find or expensive?

All I have is DD, TBP on the wxy, and the Record Store Day vinyl of Na Na Na/ Zero Percent

I have DD and ordered the deluxe BP boxset from their website last week. I can't wait for it to come in the mail!!

Is it everything I've ever dreamed of? :D

It sounds heavenly. Better than the CD. I think sound quality took a backseat when they moved to CDs in the 90s...I'm getting my parents to move the phonograph back into the living room when we get back from the beach next week <_< It's been hooked up to the computer too long.

Unlike cherrybomb, I didn't get addicted to collecting. I was just *Don't lose this chance!* when I was holding it in the store thinking on whether to spend the $55...And "Oh cool- they got Danger Days on vinyl now. It's only around $20 (I think it was $23 or something like that)- I'll go ahead and get it."

EDIT: I just spent the past 2 hours to see if Barnes & Noble HAPPENED to have 3 Cheers or Bullets on vinyl, and of course they don't. Amazon has a shitload-I don't have an Amazon account. Haha. :P

• 2 weeks later...

3 Cheers is out of print and Eyeball no longer seems to have a current pressing of Bullets. Don't let this stop you!

The only way to get either of those now is through amazon or ebay, which I would really recommend

I had more luck with finding the bullets vinyl online than I had with finding the Revenge Vinyl. But try Ebay, you should find them all there. ;)

On Sunday I was lucky to get my hands on the Headfirst for Halos Vinyl Single. Finally! :)

I had more luck with finding the bullets vinyl online than I had with finding the Revenge Vinyl

same here! I was able to find them both three cheers and bullets through amazon at really good prices but had no luck through MCR's site. Congrats on headfirst vinyl!! Would you possibly do me a favor Cherry? Could you post pictures of your MCR vinyl collection on here? There are so many singles I would really like but know I'll most likely never have. So if I could see them (especially those beautiful WTTBP singleS), it would atleast make me feel happy :)

Archived