What Is Happening Lately...?

CaitMCR

Either the majority of MCR fans have changed or I have. I've just found that over the past few months that MCR fans can be somewhat... I don't know, annoying/cruel/just rude people. The main thing that has caused me to rant about this is the fact that one of my best friends has been chased out of the MCR fanbase recently. Another "Killjoy" began attacking him, his friends (me included), and the things that he was passionate about. He had enough of being hurt, betrayed, etc. so, he has now declared that he is no longer a fan of MCR and, well, basically hates us. He's getting rid of all his MCR albums, shirts, ... everything really.

Also, I've witnessed one "fan" telling another to kill themselves, along with many other things.

So, my question is: has the MCRmy always been like this, or has this been a recent change that I was not informed of?

I'm sorry for ranting about something that no one will care about or even read. I've just had enough of it. I've lost my best friend and I don't think I'm getting him back, ever. Oh, and feel free to report this if it offends you or something. *shrugs*

My own answer to your question: I'm pretty sure the MCRmy has had there fair share of..."not-very-nice

people. :P Hey, this fan base is made up of humans, so there is always bound to be those who eff it up for the rest of us.

All fanbases have their narrow-minded, douche-baggy sorts of people. It cannot be justified, or explained with logical reasoning. And its really sad to hear about what happened with your friend, or how someone is hurting other people by telling them to go kill themselves.

BUT...and I'm sorry if this rubs you the wrong way...

I don't think its right to dislike the band for what someone, totally unaffiliated with the band and their messege, did. It's not like never listening to MCR's music will get rid of the narrow-minded people who will try to hurt you in the world; today it can be an MCR fan, tomorrow...it can be someone else entirely. Are you going to stop liking what makes you happy everytime something similar happens?

Although,I guess, I can understand that there is now some negative emotions that you (and I'm using the general "you" here) would feel associated with the music, and that's a shame, cuz it's really great music.

And hey, there can be some bad people out there who are trying to rain on our MCR parade, but don't forget the nice, fun people who can also enhance our love for the band/music.(I assure your there are plenty such people in this forums) The ones who really understand the music's message would never encourage suicide or rag on your for liking certain things. Never ever.

^-^nn Anyway, feel free to rant whenever you got to, it can really put things into perspective. (and never think that what you got to say is not worth saying, you sell yourself short when you think that way :)

Sorry for the long message. <.< I'm gonna go back to lurking now *dissolves into the shadows of the forum* n.n

I don't think its right to dislike the band for what someone, totally unaffiliated with the band and their messege, did. It's not like never listening to MCR's music will get rid of the narrow-minded people who will try to hurt you in the world; today it can be an MCR fan, tomorrow...it can be someone else entirely. Are you going to stop liking what makes you happy everytime something similar happens?

That's so true, I don't understand why your friend blames the band for what happened (getting rid of all the albums and merch he's got) - it wasn't their fault, just a rude person who was also a fan of MCR. It's kind of shocking that he'd get rid of everything MCR-related - I'd never do that myself. Sorry for saying this, but your friend should get over himself and rather sort out that person than destroy his love for MCR. Talk to your friend.

And yes, there are rude people everywhere, even in our amazing fanbase. We just need to ignore their cruelty, it only makes them happy that you satisfied them by letting them hurt you. Don't let rude people get to you.

I would never be rude to someone and tell them to die or something. Never

Oh thats horrible.. I don't know not all people are the same. Some a cruel, some are good. You can't judge a whole fan-base out of 1 person.Either way, I would never be cruel to anyone. I promise.

You're right... but it was more than one person. Thank you, though.

BUT...and I'm sorry if this rubs you the wrong way...I don't think its right to dislike the band for what someone, totally unaffiliated with the band and their messege, did. It's not like never listening to MCR's music will get rid of the narrow-minded people who will try to hurt you in the world; today it can be an MCR fan, tomorrow...it can be someone else entirely. Are you going to stop liking what makes you happy everytime something similar happens? Although,I guess, I can understand that there is now some negative emotions that you (and I'm using the general "you" here) would feel associated with the music, and that's a shame, cuz it's really great music. And hey, there can be some bad people out there who are trying to rain on our MCR parade, but don't forget the nice, fun people who can also enhance our love for the band/music.(I assure your there are plenty such people in this forums) The ones who really understand the music's message would never encourage suicide or rag on your for liking certain things. Never ever.

I'm not exactly sure why he took the route of dissociating himself with My Chem, but I'm more concerned on the fact that he felt like that was the only thing he could do....

That's so true, I don't understand why your friend blames the band for what happened (getting rid of all the albums and merch he's got) - it wasn't their fault, just a rude person who was also a fan of MCR. It's kind of shocking that he'd get rid of everything MCR-related - I'd never do that myself. Sorry for saying this, but your friend should get over himself and rather sort out that person than destroy his love for MCR. Talk to your friend.And yes, there are rude people everywhere, even in our amazing fanbase. We just need to ignore their cruelty, it only makes them happy that you satisfied them by letting them hurt you. Don't let rude people get to you.I would never be rude to someone and tell them to die or something. Never

...My friend is/was one of the nicest people ever. He would talk to almost anyone. "your friend should get over himself" I don't find that too nice...

Why is my friend being blamed rather than the person who forced him to do that? It's just like all the others who take that person's side. *sighs*

And I cannot talk to my friend because they have deactivated his accounts on various sites and can no longer contact him, unfortunately. Thank you for your input though.

Oh thats horrible.. I don't know not all people are the same.

Some a cruel, some are good. You can't judge a whole fan-base out of 1 person.

Either way, I would never be cruel to anyone. I promise.

I'm going to steal this answer, but I want to add that, the message that MCR sends, and the love that we all as fans...as family share, if anyone in our fan base is saying hurtful things to you, then they aren't really a fan. Because when it comes to MCR it takes more than just liking WTTBP,and SING to be a fan, you have to treat your fellow fans like you would your brother or sister. :)

I'm going to steal this answer, but I want to add that, the message that MCR sends, and the love that we all as fans...as family share, if anyone in our fan base is saying hurtful things to you, then they aren't really a fan. Because when it comes to MCR it takes more than just liking WTTBP,and SING to be a fan, you have to treat your fellow fans like you would your brother or sister. :)

The person who forced my friend out is very popular and knows all MCR's songs, so they aren't a random person, but a fellow MCRmy member. The worst part is that his "minions" have supported him throughout all this. I don't understand it...

Unfortunately you will never be able to find a community without rude/cruel/unpleasent people. I'm sorry to hear about your story, but you should focus on the fact that the majority of MCR fans are the nicest people on earth.

I understand that your friend wants to get rid of his MCR merch/CDs, because he now connects it with something unpleasant. But you should assure him that the band would in no way support the bullying of other killjoys.

Unfortunately you will never be able to find a community without rude/cruel/unpleasent people. I'm sorry to hear about your story, but you should focus on the fact that the majority of MCR fans are the nicest people on earth.

I understand that your friend wants to get rid of his MCR merch/CDs, because he now connects it with something unpleasant. But you should assure him that the band would in no way support the bullying of other killjoys.

i pretty much agree with this. you said that it was like we were "on their side" (the bullies), but we're not. you just have to realize that the mcrmy is not made up of those people. there is always going to be a few nasty people in each community, but you should know that most of us would never tell anyone to go kill themselves or say other cruel things, nor would we condone it. i know i wouldn't. almost all of the people i have met on here and through mcr are the nicest people ever. it would be wrong to assume that we're all awful just because of a few people.

it's sad that your friend wants to get rid of all his stuff, especially because the band in no way supports bullying/telling people to kill themselves/etc. it's even more sad that there are people who ignore that, and still call themselves fans.

:( I'm so sorry to hear!

speechless, because what does bullies did is the oppisite of MCR's message to the world.

If you ever get to contact him, you really should tell him that there are so many in here that are nice, and he should just ignore the rude ones, because there will always be bad people in every fanbase. I myself have met rude ones, but I focused on the ones that are nice to me.

I really hope that he finds hope again and his passion for MCR.

And sorry that you lost your best friend, killjoys are here for you.

SORRY for my english, not good, and sorry that my sentences are like, not hanging together, but I didn't know any other way to bring my message on. :P

Thats horrible!!! I haven't come across anyone here thats been to rude or mean, a few snide comments, but not much more. As some other killjoys said, we're all human so theres bound to be some nasties here. But still, thats just horrid. I feel guilty that this even happened on here, even though I wasn't even involved. I know a lot of killjoys here consider us a huge family, myself included, and this hurts my feelings to. I know that even though I only know a few of you guys personally, it feels like we all have a connection and stick up for eachother. I hope that NEVER changes! Please show this thread to your friend if you have the opportunity, to show him that there are still a ton of us out there who luv him, and that we'll do our best to make up for what some ahhmmm *not so nice* people have said/done.

I think there is a difference between

"A fan of MCR"

and a "member of the MCRmy"

Not one fanbase is going to be full of noble, good people

and im sorry that your friend think's we're all evil, but maybe you should say to your friend that not everyone in a fan base is bad, and the music stays the same no matter what the fanbase is like.

I'v only ever met a few bad people who like MCR,behind me in the line for MCR and they were only young, they'll learn manners in time,

And fans who dislike other fans, cause they seem a bit judgemental to me.

But tell this person that not everyone is the same and not all of us are waiting to stab other fans in the back. Alot of us are here just to enjoy the music and each others company.

I'd like to ask and make this clear too, is this kid saying he doesnt like YOU because of someone slese actions?

Cause that doesnt seem very fair to me...

Good luck trying to be friends again. =p

I have definitely found myself not as interested in the MCRmy as I used to be. Being a fan of this band became much more of a personal thing during the long break than something I shared with others. Plus there were a lot of other fans that turned me off.

There's a similar thread on this here which makes some good (and bad :unsure:) points.

Whilst I think it's horrible that people would do things like that, it is bound to happen. MCR have a huge fanbase, so of course there's going to be a small proportion that aren't particularly nice all the time. All you have to do is ignore them, pretend they don't exist. If they say something that bothers you, ignore it because all they want is a reaction.

As for your friend... well, I don't want to sound like a bitch, but if he was truly a fan of the band then he wouldn't care what other fans are like. Sure it sucks when fans pick on other fans, but at the end of the day it is about the music. If you like the music, you're a fan. You can't decide that, because a fan doesn't like you, you don't like the music anymore. That just doesn't make sense.

When I first joined the TSN MCRmy in 2008, the very first person I spoke to was pretty nasty to me (he was actually a troll), but I didn't blame it on the band or claim to stop liking the music, and I still kept posting on the boards. Your friend either didn't like the music in the first place, or he still likes it now.

Humans are naturally mean. Everybody is mean once in their lifetime.

I don't think your friend should destroy and hate everything MCR because of it,

but I guess I can understand why.

As for losing your best friend, I think it'd be stupid for them to stop being friends with ouy because of this. I have a bunch of friends who hate MCR, and I'm freaking obsessed with MCR, and we're still the best of friends.

Talk to them, maybe it'll help (:

It really sucks that your friend had to go through that, and that it was bad enough for him to decide not to listen to MCR anymore.

But I think it's important not to make generalizations...in any group, not just the MCRmy, there will be people who aren't so nice. That's just the way life is, but it doesn't mean everybody is like that. You can't judge an entire fanbase on the actions of a few people, because in my personal experience, I haven't met one MCR fan who has ever said anything cruel. That just goes to show that the majority of fans aren't like that.

It's also not MCR's fault in any way...it just sucks that he now associates them with a bad experience and feels like he can't listen to them anymore. I'm sorry for him, and I'm also sorry that you had to lose him. I hope that he can find his love for the band again, and that maybe he can put that aside, although I don't know how bad it was.

Of course, it's his choice, but like I said, I just think we need to avoid making generalizations. I don't think it's right to dislike My Chem or their fans just because of one person.

Did this happen to happen over the MCR facebook page? Which is un-moderated.....and....yes.....I have very negative feelings of that place. From what I can see, there is a certain 1-2 fans that feel like they run that place and everyone else feels like they need to be in this person's good graces to be accepted on the page. If anyone dare say anything negative about this "leader" (just because they have some old, rare MCR pics it seems...so people are nice to this person), they are immediately shunned. That's what I've gathered from just observing that place. It breeds elitism, sucking up to become accepted, and ranking fans...all things that the band really hates. In the band's eyes, if you are a fan, you are accepted and no one is better than anyone else.

If you happen to like the MCR facebook page, that's fine. I just have observed some very negative things that definitely go against the message that MCR talk about.

You said he's deactivated his accounts, so it seems that, for now, there's not much you can do. If he comes back, lead him to more positive places, like these boards, which are moderated and do NOT allow elitism and bullying.

This is kinda why I left the .com in the first place. A lot of people here tend to bring high school with them on here, if you know what I mean. There's lots of bitchy cliques and stuff, and people sometimes just don't care about anyone other than themselves.

I saw firsthand as someone a few years ago voiced her suicidal thoughts, and some heartless bastards just egged her on. It got shut down not long after that for awhile...

Archived